FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose50

Just as a side note re:the Endicott/Hardwick game.  Three of Endicott's best backs were out for unspecified reasons but all were "healthy".  I think we give the Smith kid a chance with his full cadre of players and see what he/they can do then.  One of his interceptions was a catch that should have been made and the other a tipped ball.  How about Curry/FSC this weekend?   Which Curry will show up/  My sources say that FSC has just re-loaded and is ready to tak ethe Bogan and move on from there.  I still don't like CGA & the Maine Maritime game in November in Castine, it's going to very cold up there.

63Center

Quote from: Moose50 on September 05, 2006, 01:35:55 PM
Just as a side note re:the Endicott/Hardwick game.  Three of Endicott's best backs were out for unspecified reasons but all were "healthy". 

Thanks for that information Moose50.  I couldn't believe that EC wouldn't play Festa, Boyd, and Thompson in more plays than they did if they were healthy.  Must be a discipling issue.  Alex Smith is a good QB given time to set up and throw.

I think FSC will beat Curry, especially if Curry plays like they played against WSC last weekend.

NCAAFootball67

Worcester/Curry was an aweful game to watch, both teams looked very vunerable, just proof that the league could take advantage.  They are both two very good football teams, but they were undiscipline and at sometimes lazy.  I guess that could happen in the teams first games, but if thats what to come, both of those teams will not be competing for division titles as teams like fsc, bridgewater, and endicott would roll over them.....

Predicition of the year......NICHOLS BISON, dont sleep on em.....just watch

sickofBS

Quote from: NCAAFootball67 on September 05, 2006, 10:13:21 PM
but if thats what to come, both of those teams will not be competing for division titles as teams like fsc, bridgewater, and endicott would roll over them.....

since curry and WSC are the only teams that have played (sans EC),
id like to know how u would compare them to fsc ,bridgewater...  we'll see how the rest of the confrence's first games go, then we'll know who will roll over who.

d3fanoffootball

I don't no why everyone thinks Fitchburg is still on top.I went to the scrimmage they had the other day, they have lost to much including some great coaching. This is a team that has to be carried by the coaches they don't have the great players like the past that don't need coaching to win (or almost win). FSC looses to CURRY 21-7....that is 7 if william early gets in the end zone

bomberbacker

Look for Coast Guard to make a run at getting the playoff spot. They have great coaches and have played much better compitition in the last few years....

seahawkpride

Hey everyone first ever post. I have just started to become interested in d3 football because I have 2 sons who have started college and are playing .One goes to Springfield and the other plays for Salve Regina. This post centers on Salve. I am really impressed with the new head coach Chris Robertson. He has brought enthusiasm and passion. He has scrapped the old offense which I believe was the wing-t and replaced it with a spread offense. At the recent scrimmage against Framingham State the offense had some good moments although running out of this formation left e little to be desired. Defense looked good with some notable nose tackle play. I believe we will be competitive this year although our win total may not reflect it.     

63Center

Here are picks for Week 2 in the NEFC:

BSC over UMD
RPI over EC
WPI over WSC
MIT over MAM
PSU over Mt. Ida
Westfield St. over WNEC
MEM over Becker
Salve over SUNY Maritime
Merchant Marine over USCGA
Curry over FSC
Nichols over Framingham

I just pick em, I don't explain em.

InTheMix

Well, time for some week 2 picks:

Nichols snaps their losing streak against framingham state 28-13
Bridgewater ST over UMD 35-20
Worcester State over WPI 17-0
EC wont get the W this week 34-17
MIT downs MA Maritime 26-7
Mount Ida crushes Plymouth State 56-7
SUNY Maritime over Salve 42-13
Coast Guard loses to Kings Point 59-14
Curry over Fitchburg 41-20
ME Maritime over Becker 21-7

hopefully I'll get one or two right

D3 Fan

Seahawk pride, welcome to the board.  I'm sure the new coach has brought some  changes to Salve but be very apprehensive about any performance vs. Framingham.  Any fan of the NEFC hopes Framingham improves but they haven't been close to being competitive for a while.  That's not to say there aren't any talented players over there but Framingham as a team (performance wise) has been poor at best.

seahawkpride

Thank you D3 fan. I did see where Framingham State finished either near or at the bottom of the league last year so I am tempering my expectations because of that. But from what I have seen about the coach,I have met him a few times, and what I heard in the stands at the scrimmage about how he seems to be more involved than previous years gives me cause for optimism. This is not a slight toward previous coaching because this is the first full time head coach at Salve which means he has more time to devote to the program. I do believe there will be growing pains with this new offense especially if the running game does not improve but defensively I think we will be ok. I just think that the attitude seems upbeat despite the recent lean years . Of course the games have not started so it will be interesting to see how we respond to adversity which I am sure will come early. I understand our 1st. game is against a team, Suny Maritime, whose program is still in its infancy so we should have some success. I  can't wait for the game with the forecast being for nice weather and the chance to see my son play. I have to start cutting down the size of my posts or get more free time. lol   

'gro

D3 Fan

Seahawk Pride.  Good luck to you and your and your son's.  Get ready to see some fun games.

Old NEFC fan

I saw the WSC/Curry game and I guess NCAAfootball67 and I saw different things. I didn't see vulnerable, undisciplined or lazy. I did see two teams that had some execution issues which is not surprising at this point in the season. I also thought that Curry won the game on conditioning as they seemed more determined and focused in the 4th quarter. I also thought Curry's defense looked very good.

The league will have it's usual strong teams. Bridgewater, Fitchburg and Coast Guard will be strong. Endicott is well coached and will be a contender. Curry will be in the hunt with UMD always strong. It will be interesting to see who else steps up. Nichols is well coached and has their QB back. WNEC will be better. MIT is always under talented but well coached and very disciplined. The Maritimes should be better and Plymouth will be the unknown.

At this level whoever remains the healthiest should come out on top. Not many teams in this league can go very deep on the depth chart without a considerable drop off in talent.

All in all it's great to be back watching NEFC games on weekends. Good Luck to everyone this year.