Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecreddevils

"Kenyon Parent" decal on Prius with Mass. plates in gated community if Ft. Myers, FL.

Hobart Statesmen license plate bracket outside of Jet Blue Park, also Ft. Myers

Ralph Turner

College of Staten Island men's basketball sweatshirt in Dallas TX.

fulbakdad

Springfield College Football t shirt walking on the beach in Punta Cana Dom Rep last week....

02 Warhawk

I have this older picture up in our spare bedroom (probably take in 2007) of us at Wrigley Field for a Cubs game. Just the other day I finally realized there's a girl in the background with a Knox College T-shirt on.

mattvsmith

A kid here at Korea Maritime University in Busan was wearing an RIT sweatshirt and cap.
Of course I talked to him. He spent a year there as an exchange student.

Gray Fox

On a recent trip to California last month I saw a Carnegie Mellon window sticker on a car near the Marina in San Diego.

I also met a guy in Santa Monica wearing a U of Chicago sweatshirt.  He had gone there for his PhD in biology.
Fierce When Roused

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: ecreddevils on February 23, 2013, 06:27:01 AM
"Kenyon Parent" decal on Prius with Mass. plates in gated community if Ft. Myers, FL.

Hobart Statesmen license plate bracket outside of Jet Blue Park, also Ft. Myers
Probably baseball parents down south for the spring trip. Keny.on played in the Gene Cusic classic

02 Warhawk

Saw a Tufts sticker on the back of a minivan here in Milwaukee.

DPU3619

There's a Lids warehouse store here in Indianapolis. It's got a lot of stuff like shirts, polos, shorts, team warumups, coaching gear, etc that was printed for specific schools and teams that was returned for one reason or another.

I've picked up some really cool D3 stuff there the last few times I've been.  It's mostly schools within a few states like Carthage, Heidelberg, Hope, Alma, Ill Wesleyan, Wash U, Coe, and Wittenberg.  But, I've seen stuff from D3 schools all over.  Managed to pick up Southern Maine volleyball and Occidental baseball yesterday.  I'm now a D3 shirt hoarder.   ;D

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: Old Pal Wes on March 29, 2013, 10:41:51 AM
There's a Lids warehouse store here in Indianapolis. It's got a lot of stuff like shirts, polos, shorts, team warumups, coaching gear, etc that was printed for specific schools and teams that was returned for one reason or another.

I've picked up some really cool D3 stuff there the last few times I've been.  It's mostly schools within a few states like Carthage, Heidelberg, Hope, Alma, Ill Wesleyan, Wash U, Coe, and Wittenberg.  But, I've seen stuff from D3 schools all over.  Managed to pick up Southern Maine volleyball and Occidental baseball yesterday.  I'm now a D3 shirt hoarder.   ;D
Is that up on the NW side? I don't get up there too much but I might check it out if I'm ever in the area.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

DPU3619

NCF

Saw a group of kids from Ithaca on the Price is Right yesterday.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

HSCTiger74

Birmingham Southern window decal on the back of a car at my favorite grocery store in Charlotte.
TANSTAAFL

K-Mack

I saw a guy with an RPI sweatsuit on at the barbershop one time and talked to him about it. He played basketball there, was surprised because few people in Va have ever heard of it despite it being a really good school. (union grads cringe here)

Then a few months later, I saw a guy with an Albertus Magnus suit, but I couldn't remember if that was NAIA or III. Turns out he was a recruit, and it was interesting to overhear a kid's impressions of D-III.

Today Rochester car decal and girl crossing the street with a Navy top and Ithaca sweatpants.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Ralph Turner

Washington and Lee decal on the back of a car in the parking lot of the HEB Grocery Store on South 14th in Abilene last Friday.