FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarhawkDad

Quote from: emma17 on March 26, 2013, 02:07:06 PM
Quote from: HScoach on March 26, 2013, 06:52:00 AM
^  Mount's advantage is Larry Kehres.   Nothing more, nothing less.    When he retires Mount will become Augustana.

Similar to Larry Kehres being the Mt advantage, I wonder if Paul Plinske isn't perhaps the UWW advantage.
Ret (the Robin Hood of private institutions) I believe is referring to UWW's success across the athletic spectrum and it seems much of it has come during this AD's tenure.

Once Dr. Plinske lands the D1 job will UWW return to the athletic performance ranks of the typical private institution?
Doubtful in my mind.   Because of the success of UWW Athletics, if Plinske leaves the calibre of candidates looking for the UWW A.D. job will be higher than the last time around.   Likely to get someone very good.   Don't get me wrong, I want Plinske to stay, I give him significant credit for the overall success at UWW.   He definitely has vision.

WarhawkDad
Six Time National Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014

2013  WIAC PICKEM CHAMPION

"Pound The Rock!!!"

bleedpurple

Quote from: KitchenSink on March 25, 2013, 11:38:32 AM
Looks like 6 out of 8 schedules are posted for WIAC teams for 2013 (all except Oshkosh and Whitewater).

Going through the overall schedules, you can figure out Whitewater's conference schedule:

10/5 at LaCrosse
10/12 Stout
10/19 Eau Claire
10/26 at Oshkosh
11/2 Platteville
11/9 at Stevens Pt
11/16 River Falls

Any info on Non-Conf games yet?

I haven't heard the schedule announced, but I thought last year that Buffalo State and Washington University were announced a "home and home" series.

Pat Coleman

Wash U's announced schedule includes a game at UWW.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Raider 68

Have a Happy and Safe Easter to all the WIAC posters!  :)
13 time Division III National Champions

emma17

Quote from: Raider 68 on March 29, 2013, 09:04:49 AM

Thanks Raider68- and to you as well.

footballfan413

Quote from: Raider 68 on March 29, 2013, 09:04:49 AM
So nice of you, 68!  Hope you and the family are doing well and right back at ya!   :P
   Happy Easter weekend to all!
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

bleedpurple

badgerwarhawk

The WARHAWKS first spring practice session was scheduled for last night.  However I wasn't able to attend so I don't know how it went.   
"Just think twice is my only advice."

retagent

I'm sure they were AWESOME! Maybe the best team in the history of football. ;D

badgerwarhawk

No, I don't think it's been quite that long.  It's just been the past half century or so.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

emma17

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on April 08, 2013, 03:09:27 PM
The WARHAWKS first spring practice session was scheduled for last night.  However I wasn't able to attend so I don't know how it went.   

Come on BW- we need a fix here.

voice

UWW set to workout three times a week through April if it ever stops raining.

voice

UWO quarterback Nate Wara will be worked out by the Green Bay  Packers tomorrow (Wednesday).

emma17

Quote from: voice on April 09, 2013, 05:18:49 PM
UWO quarterback Nate Wara will be worked out by the Green Bay  Packers tomorrow (Wednesday).

He's a tough kid and player- I wish him well.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: emma17 on April 09, 2013, 06:18:57 PM
Quote from: voice on April 09, 2013, 05:18:49 PM

He's a tough kid and player- I wish him well.

Hopefully he takes advantage of this "courtesy" workout like Blanchard did last year with the Bears. It seems like quite a few NFL teams give local kids (from smaller schools) a chance to work out in the spring

Last year Mike Tice (former Bears Off. Coordinator) admitted that Blanchard was just brought in because he was a local kid and they needed someone throw practice balls in the workouts. But he was able to turn some heads and get a contract. Hopefully Wara can do the same.