MBB: United East Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, January 21, 2005, 12:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reserved Seat

Here's a team that looks legit, and no one is saying anything.  I've seen them play twice, and they killed the  team I follow(and they are in the top 25).

dcahill44

Lancaster Bible looks extremely legit but they do not have any good wins besides a great win in Franklin and Marshall by 28 points a 10-2 whos ranked 17th in the country. Lancaster keeps this up they are going to be regionally ranked easily.

Reserved Seat

Unfortunately, their schedule provides little in way of a challenge, and that lack of a challenge might hurt when it comes to having to play quality teams back to back in the play-offs.  Right now they can rest players and take the pressure off players with minor injuries.  No one should challenge them the rest of the way in the regular season, and they should be undefeated heading into the NCAA playoffs.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

As the basketball spins... there continue to be incredible stories around Division III as we get further into conference schedules. Teams leading conferences that no one suspected, programs finding success with alums at the helm, and Division III making national headlines but not for the obvious reasons. Tonight on Hoopsville, Dave McHugh talks to those still proving people wrong as the season enters the second half.

Dave is in San Antonio for the NCAA Convention, so tonight's show is pre-recorded. Dave talked to most of the guests before some played their midweek games. The pre-recorded show along with podcast will be available starting at 7pm ET here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/jan14

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Dr. Oliver Eslinger, Caltech men's coach - NABC Coach's Corner
- Rob deGrandpre, Hilbert men's coach
- Kelly Dunne, Nazareth women's coach
- Zach Filzen, No. 22 Lancaster Bible men's coach (Gordon Mann interview)
- Ashlee Rogers, Marymount women's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

And don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

For the third consecutive year, Hoopsville will air for 12 hours as the regular season enters the final four weeks. Dave McHugh will chat with coaches, administrators, student-athletes, and others involved in Division III basketball from around the country. Other guests will include those who have Division III roots or appreciate the division and the game along with the student-athletes who play the sport.

Hoopsville will air from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (and maybe later) on Thursday, February 4 live from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can see what guests are scheduled, get more information, and watch the show here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/feb4

You can also read the press release about the show: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/hoopsville-marathon-2016

Here is the guest list as we speak. All times are Eastern and subject to change. Additional guests to be added if and when necessary:

TimeGuestSchool
10:15amConnie TilleySt. Norbert (WBB) - WBCA Center Court
10:40amJamie PurdyPeidmont (WBB)
11:00amKeri CarolloUW-Whitewater (WBB) - Nat'l Committee Chair
11:20amBrent PollariSaint Mary's (Minn.) (WBB)
11:40amKent MadsenNo. 21 Wheaton (Ill.) (WBB)
12:00pmRussell LoydRose-Hulman (MBB)
12:20pmKevin BroderickNazareth (MBB)
12:40pmJustin ScottArcadia (MBB)
1:00pmSam HargravesNo. 12 Alma (MBB)
1:20pmLenny ReichMount Union (SID)
1:40pmMaureen WebsterClarkson (WBB)
2:00pmBetsy WitmanYork (Pa.) (WBB)
2:20pmSara LeeDenison (WBB)
2:40pmKlay KneuppelWisconsin Lutheran (MBB)
3:00pmBrian Van HaaftenBuena Vista (MBB) - Nat'l Committee Chair
3:30pmSydney MossNo. 1 Thomas More (WBB)
3:45pmAaron RousellBucknell (WBB) - former Chicago coach
4:00pmTim ShanahanStaten Island (WBB)
4:20Pat CunninghamTrinity (Texas) (MBB) - NABC Coach's Corner
4:50pmBubba SmithSewanee (MBB)
5:15pmBen StrongFormer Guilford All-American
5:30pmKevin ConnorsESPN SportsCenter Anchor - Ithaca alumnus
6:00pmKristen DowlingClaremont-Mudd-Scripps (WBB)
6:20pmAllison ColemanSage (WBB)
6:40pmLandry KosmalskiSwarthmore (MBB)
7:00pmDave NilandNo. 23 Penn State-Behrend (MBB)
7:20pmAaron GallettaLasell (MBB)
7:40pmJohn BaronGwynedd-Mercy (MBB)
8:00pm
8:20pm
8:40pmMelissa HodgdonWheaton (Mass.) (WBB)
9:00pmG.P. GromackiNo. 2 Amherst (WBB)
9:20pmJames Wagner
9:40pmHAPPY HOURFree-for-all of calls, tweets, and fun!

We hope to get at least the full show on a podcast, or several podcast, during the on Friday. You can find it here:

Don't forget you can always interact with us:

And a reminder the Hoopsville Fundraising Project has begun yet again. Please consider helping us cover Division III basketball the way it deserves to be covered. If you can not donate, please don't worry about - we understand. At least share the campaign with anyone you think might be interested: http://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser/x/6029509

Also, if you know any advertisers interested in promoting their company or products on the show, send them our way: hoopsville@d3hoops.com

Thanks!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The final days of the regular season are here. Results of games across the country are affecting other teams not even playing. How will it all shake out and how does one result affect another?

Thursday night on Hoopsville, Dave McHugh gives you the insight you need to know how the NCAA Tournament brackets are already taking shape. Dave will talk to many coaches around the country who are looking to lock up automatic bids, securing at-large opportunities, or knowingly playing for the postseason lives. Dave will even make sure you better understand the selection criteria and how something like the Strength of Schedule helps or hurts teams.

Hoopsville hits the air at 7pm ET. You can tune in below.

Guests include (in order of appearance)
- Michele Durand, No. 10 Ohio Northern women's coach
- Fred Richter, DeSales women's coach
- Warren Caruso, Husson men's coach
- Zach Frilen, No. 15 Lancaster Bible men's coach
- Todd Raridon, No. 11 North Central (Ill.) men's coach
- Marcus Kahn (Mary Washington) or Andy Sachs (Salisbury), CAC men's semifinal winner
- Matt Snyder, Strength of Schedule/Numbers guru

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:

Don't forget you can always interact with us:

And the Hoopsville Fundraising project is in it's closing days as well, but we have not met the goal. Please consider helping us cover Division III basketball the way it deserves to be covered: http://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser/x/6029509.

Thanks!

bbfan44

Don't let up now, Lancaster.  I want to see what you can do against the big boys in the NCAA tourney.  Good luck !

pg04

People rarely come in here but congrats to LBC! It's quite an accomplishment, no matter what, to go an entire regular season undefeated!

magicman

Glad to see the Chargers won't have to wait to see if the NCAA deemed them worthy enough for a Pool C bid, because they probably wouldn't have gotten one, with all the East teams that are looking for an at large entry.

I watched a large portion of this game and the Chargers can do some damage in the NCAA tournament. I wouldn't want to face them in the first round. 

magicman

I'm asking all the people that visit this board to take the time to help get the East Region another player in the All Star game that takes place during the Final Four weekend in Salem Virginia. Go to this link and cast your ballot for Kyle Richardson from Plattsburgh State:

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2016/03/nabc-all-star-voting

You may have to click the refresh button if the vote totals already show up. So if they are showing a percentage for each player click refresh. 

You can vote once for each browser you have, so if you have 2 computers vote on each of them. We can only vote from now until noon on Wednesday, soDON'T wait and DO spread the news to your friends.
We need all the help we can muster to get Kyle to Virginia.

You don't have to be a registered user of the D3hoops website. Just pull up the page go to the link and cast your ballot. So get your wives, girl friends, mistresses, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and every friend you have, or ever did have, to jump online and vote as well. Kyle will need all the help he can get because the other regions have more schools than our region does.

Thanks for your help. 8-) 

hopefan

22 schools who have not yet posted schedule... and it's almost October!!

Six of those schools are in the NEAC... is this a statement of lack of interest from conference SIDS?  Geesh......  I'm sure that the players and their families would enjoy seeing where and when they're playing in the upcoming season!!

Medgar Evers
St John Fisher
Pine Manor
Rust
Goucher
Juniata
Western Connecticut
Green Mountain
Keuka
SUNY Cobleskill
SUNYIT
Wells
Bryn Athyn
Wilson

Lesley
Regis (Mass.)
Wheelock
MIT
Stockton
Cal Lutheran
Eureka
Greensboro
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

magicman

Quote from: hopefan on September 29, 2016, 07:50:44 AM

22 schools who have not yet posted schedule... and it's almost October!!

Six of those schools are in the NEAC... is this a statement of lack of interest from conference SIDS?  Geesh......  I'm sure that the players and their families would enjoy seeing where and when they're playing in the upcoming season!!

Medgar Evers
St John Fisher
Pine Manor
Rust
Goucher
Juniata
Western Connecticut
Green Mountain
Keuka
SUNY Cobleskill
SUNYIT
Wells
Bryn Athyn
Wilson

Lesley
Regis (Mass.)
Wheelock
MIT
Stockton
Cal Lutheran
Eureka
Greensboro

I don't know about a lack of interest from SIDs in the NEAC Conference but there sure is a lack of interest on this board from a conference that has 13 members playing Men's Basketball. Since the start of the 2009-10 basketball season there have been 44 posts on this board and Dave McHugh and I have made about half of them.

hopefan

Juniata, SUNY Cobleskill, Medgar Evers, and Pine Manor get their schedules posted..

18 schools who have not yet posted schedule... and it's October!!

Note--- the schedules that D3hoops have for these schools are either incomplete, or blank...

What is St John Fisher, MIT, Stockton, Cal Lu doing on this list????

St John Fisher
Rust
Goucher
Western Connecticut
Green Mountain
Keuka
SUNYIT
Wells
Bryn Athyn
Wilson
Lesley
Regis (Mass.)
Wheelock
MIT
Stockton
Cal Lutheran
Eureka
Greensboro
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!