FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITH radio

Quote from: PBR... on January 28, 2014, 12:44:20 PM
Connor Mertens at Williamette with breaking news... I guess...

Good for him.  Takes a lot of courage.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

dlippiel

Late on the reply here but wishing this young man the very best. Dlip admires his courage!

ITH radio

D3viewer

Hobart senior tailback Steven Webb (Dundee) was drafted by the Baltimore Mariners of the American Indoor Football League. Webb, who finished his college career with 3,976 rushing yards, was taken with the second pick of the fourth round (23rd overall). The eight-team league includes the Rochester Raiders. . . .

Rochester D and C

ITH radio

From a recent email received from Coach Cragg:

"Steven Webb will be attending a combine at the end of March in Baltimore, with representatives from the NFL, CFL, and the Arena Football League. Several teams have shown interest in Steven and there are a few teams that will be visiting campus to conduct private workouts. Devin Worthington attended a free agent combine this past weekend put on by Beyond Sports Network in Virginia. He competed with the defensive backs and tested exceptionally well. Jolyon, Devin, and Steven all plan on attending a CFL combine hosted by the Edmonton Eskimos in Cincinnati in early April. The scouts have already started to work on next year's senior class, too. Tyre Coleman and Ali Marpet already have spring workouts scheduled later this week with NFL representatives from the Redskins and the Cardinals."

dlippiel

Can't wait for football season! Let's go U!

AUPepBand

Quote from: dlip on April 18, 2014, 08:25:37 AM
Can't wait for football season! Let's go AU!

Yeah! On Saxon Warriors!   ;D
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

ITH radio

Merchant Marine announced their 2014 schedule today.

ITH radio

Decent amount of recruit news coming in from Hobart. Looking like a strong class, especially on defense. More to come throughout July at gohobart.blogspot.com

Upstate

The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

ITH radio

lewdogg11

I think I saw that movie.  Elisabeth Shue was in it right?  I'm guessing all of the guys were wearing their game jerseys too.

dlippiel

Quite the disturbing article. If the information in that article is accurate then HWS and the entire program should be ashamed. Seems as if plenty of people witnessed at least one part of the allegations. Dlip is curious why the investigation was not more thorough? Maybe it was? Who knows?

lewdogg11

Quote from: dlip on July 15, 2014, 09:11:12 AM
Quite the disturbing article. If the information in that article is accurate then HWS and the entire program should be ashamed. Seems as if plenty of people witnessed at least one part of the allegations. Dlip is curious why the investigation was not more thorough? Maybe it was? Who knows?

Dlip, my take on this is there WERE a lot of witnesses, therefore, the truth lies somewhere in between the girl's story and the guys' stories.  Was she likely taken advantage of due to her state of mind?  Yeah probably.  But i'm seriously doubting that she is innocent in this.  The fact that there were no drugs found in her system tells me she drank way too much, made some serious mistakes, was embarrassed about the whole thing, and therefore blew the whistle that it was something it wasn't.

I don't know any of this for sure of course, but that is how one reader reads the story.  Sounds like a bit of a witch hunt as far as the tone of the article.  News organizations can troll their readers as well as anyone and taking one person's side completely in this story gives you only one point of view. 

On the record, I have never been too tired from football for boners.  No way that is true.

dlippiel

It is important to realize that there are alwAys two sides to any story and in this one there were many who did witness the first part. However there is no question there was poor judgement by all involved (Dlip not necessary talking down to anyone here because he has made plenty of poor judgements in his life). Dlip likes you point Lew, especially the last one.

This does bring up a question though: should student athletes be held to a higher moral standard than others? Would/should any coach be ok with their players gang banging a drunk chick even if she was calling for it by name? Obviously this opens up a can or worms but Dlip thinks it is a valid question. Dlip for one would not be ok with it for many reasons. Admittedly for more professional/program than necessarily moral. Interesting situation.