Started by AUPepBand, May 07, 2006, 10:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUPepBand

Quote from: dahlby on November 21, 2010, 09:31:58 AM
HEY PEP:

60-00!
Don't put those instruments away yet.
Congradulations!

Thanks! Pep hopes to assemble an ensemble for the game at Cortland (two-hour trip) Saturday, but with Thanksgiving break, it's slim pickin's. Nevertheless, Pep and AUkaz00 are trying to drum up support for the Saxons.

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

AUPepBand

With most students away for Thanksgiving Break, Pep could only muster a trumpet (played by an alum who planned her trip from Long Island to Rochester around the game at Cortland), two kazoos and a drum set in Cortland where the Saxons captured the Alfland Trophy with a 34-20 win.

Now as miniscule as it was, Pep was delighted to have a Saxon fan approach him in the library and express her appreciation for the "band." She said there was a sense of famliarity, almost a feeling of comfort in hearing the band....she felt like she was at Merrill Field.

Pep has had similar comments from football players after Pep has taken the band to the road games. They say when they hear the familiar AU Pep Band, they feel like they are right at home.

On Saxon Warriors!

AUPepBand

Pep has been hearing from Mr. Tubaman who is pumped for Pep Band! AU Pep Band will hold its annual Band Camp from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 3 in the Miller Performing Arts Center Band Room. Lunch is included.

Pep, as always, has been "recruiting" and hopes to get a good turnout.

Any new pep bands forming among the D3 football crowd?

gcfan

Greenville College in Greenville, IL has started a marching band this year......last year was the launch of the band as a pep band. but they will begin marching this year!

dahlby

Hats off, oops,  I mean "horns up" to Greenville College fo adding to the game day experience for players, students, fans and family.

Haven't seen the Chapman Pep Band practicing yet (everyone is just back this week) but did talk to some of the cheer squad yesterday while watching football practice and was told that they will be 20 strong this year.

BoBo

Great marching band story from the Ohio School for the Blind.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

AUPepBand

Quote from: BoBo on September 18, 2011, 01:32:15 AM
Great marching band story from the Ohio School for the Blind.

Simply amazing. They played at a football game involving two deaf teams. So here are two deaf football teams playing for a band that cannot see them. And the band is playing for football players who cannot hear them. Wow. Nice find. +K

On Saxon Warriors!

BoBo

Grandma can't see here grandson perform at the football game, so the band comes to play for her. WATCH
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

AUPepBand

Interesting development for Pep in Alfred's ECAC bowl game at Bridgewater State, MA, some 7 to 8 hours away from Mayberry. Graduated four-year lead trumpet resides 20 minutes from Bridgewater. Another alum, a four-year lead trombone, lives 50 minutes away. The trumpet is pumped to play the fight song again and will be there. If Pep can get the trombone on the bandwagon, it could be the AU Alumni Pep Band!!

On Saxon Warriors!

Ron Boerger

Don't know how this story didn't get here, but when McMurry faced Hardin-Simmons a couple of weeks back, the McM administration forbid HSU from bringing their 'World-Famous Cowboy Band.'  They never seem to have problems in the past ...

McM defeated HSU for the first time in basically forever.  Coincidence?  Probably, given how McMurry has defeated a (first year) D1 FCS team and almost pulled one out against UMHB, but interesting nonetheless.

AUPepBand

HSCTiger74

TANSTAAFL

dahlby

Gray Fox

Comment from a Wesley fan at the UMHB game today.

QuoteYour band is entertaining though.  We don't have one of those....
Fierce When Roused

AUPepBand

At the conclusion of the Alfred University football banquet, Master of Ceremonies Bill LaCourse, a glass professor who doubles as the voice of Merrill Field, traditionally offers his impression of the season with a "most memorable moment" note. His most memorable moment of the 2011 Saxon season was AUPepBand President Scott DeFranco-Norton's tuba solo rendition of the National Anthem, played at AU's opener during 9/11 tenth anniversary weekend. "I've never heard anything like it and I don't think I'll ever hear a tuba player as talented!" LaCourse said.

Pep walked into Coach Dave Murray's office one day soon after the banquet and told Murray, "You know you've had a tough year when the banquet emcee's 'most memorable moment' was the pep band's performance of the National Anthem!"

On Saxon Warriors!