NSCAA All-Americans

Started by lastguyoffthebench, December 12, 2014, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastguyoffthebench

First Team
Pos Name Class School Hometown
K Matt Cardone* Sr. Trinity (Texas)  San Antonio, Texas
D Harry Copeland Jr. St. Lawrence  Dedham, Mass.
D Bill Kerr So Lycoming Bowie, Md.
D Carter Robbins* Sr. Messiah Randleman, N.C.
M Logan Andryk ** Jr. Milwaukee Engineering Hartland, Wis.
M Luke Finklestein  Sr. Wheaton (Mass.) Peabody, Mass.
M Marshall Hollingsworth* Jr. Wheaton (Ill.) Libertyville, Ill.
M Dylan Williams Jr. SUNY Oneonta Monroe, N.Y.
F Jeremy Payne** Sr. Messiah Middleburg, Pa.
F Michael Ramos Sr. Whitworth Spokane, Wash.
F Tyler Savonen Sr. Brandeis Orleans, Mass.
F Travis Vegter* Sr. Calvin Hudsonville, Mich.

Second Team
Pos First Class School Hometown
K Richard Burns Sr. United States Coast Guard Academy Long Beach, Calif.
D Matthew Bray Sr. Whitworth Spokane, Wash.
D Tom Carwile Jr. Trinity (Texas)  Tulsa, Okla.
D Conor Lanahan Jr. Brandeis Avon, Conn.
D Daniel Peckham Jr. SUNY Morrisville Webster, N.Y.
M Colton Bloecher* Sr. Ohio Wesleyan Lewis Center, Ohio
M Elliot Borge Jr. Wheaton (Ill.) Western Springs, Ill.
M Caleb Cole  So Gordon Coatesville, Pa.
M Marc Dinkel Sr. Roanoke Basel, Switzerland
F Raphael Araujo  Sr. Rutgers-Newark North Plainfield, N.J.
F Jalon Brown** Sr. Christopher Newport Yorktown, Va.
F Eric Giovagnoli Sr. Eastern (Pa.) Royersford, Pa.
F Bastian Jedliczka Jr. Birmingham-Southern Furstenfeld, Austria
F Jake Sutherland Jr. SUNY Oneonta Syracuse, N.Y.
F Lucas Terci* Jr. Montclair State Union, N.J.

Third Team
Pos First Class School Hometown
K Niko Giantsopoulos Jr. Calvin Markham, Ont.
D Sean Broekhuizen Sr. Calvin Grand Rapids, Miich.
D Ben Bratt  Sr. Wesleyan Winchester, Mass.
D Alex Dean  Sr. Thomas More Fort Thomas, Ky.
D Samuel Justice  Sr. Kenyon Dexter, Mich.
D Sam Williams  Sr. Tufts Thetford Center, Vt.
M Adam Beek Sr. Skidmore  Kingston, Jamaica
M Lance Dotzman Sr. Muhlenberg Holland, Pa.
M Justin Laurenzo Sr. Babson Park Ridge, N.J.
M David Lilly Sr. Gustavus Adolphus Maple Grove, Minn.
F Anthony Amolo So Kenyon Lagos, Nigeria
F Travis Blair  Sr. Wheaton (Mass.) Hastings, N.Y.
F Greg Conrad So Middlebury Peabody, Mass.
F Stephen Golz Jr. Wheaton (Ill.) River Forest, Ill.
F Daniel Nadeau Sr. Wartburg White Bear Lake, Minn

Mr.Right

Caleb "friggin" Cole from Gordon and Coast GK 2nd team..Finklestein 1st team?   uuuuggggggggghhhhh

Only 3 Nescac players total and all on the 3rd team. The Nescac POY on 3rd team with all those other New England players ahead of him?

This is the worst I have seen this at least for the New England region.

Brother Flounder

Quote from: Mr.Right on December 12, 2014, 04:35:39 PM
Caleb "friggin" Cole from Gordon and Coast GK 2nd team..Finklestein 1st team?   uuuuggggggggghhhhh

Only 3 Nescac players total and all on the 3rd team. The Nescac POY on 3rd team with all those other New England players ahead of him?

Where are the National Champions players?????

Flying Weasel

Well, now we know of thirteen* more forwards that the NSCAA consider better than Jack Thompson! 

* - two of the fifteen AA forwards come from the Mid-Atlantic and we already knew that they rated JT behind them

PaulNewman

Overall, these are terrible.

Missing Thompson AND Ramirez.

Justice on 3rd team instead of 1st is a joke.  And for those who like to hype my alleged bias, I wouldn't have Amolo on there.  Didn't do enough late in the year but he should have a huge year next year.

For you Tufts fans, I would be the most upset about Greenwood not getting on any of these teams (including regional).  I would pick Santos although he really came on late and probably a little too late in terms of timing of the voting. 

Carney should have at least been 3rd team.

4231CenterBack

Wow. I would give Caleb Cole a little more credit. I live just north if Boston so I get to see Tufts, Brandeis, Babson and Gordon play quite a bit. As a freshman last year he was widely considered the best player in the CCC... Yes, I know it's a middle of the road conference. This year there was no question he was the best. He played for an academy club and with the Philly Union reserves.  He's small but I haven't seen a more technical d3 player in years.  He would be an impact player on any if the local sides mentioned above.

Nutmeg

Quote from: NCAC New England on December 12, 2014, 06:15:47 PM
Overall, these are terrible.

Missing Thompson AND Ramirez.

Justice on 3rd team instead of 1st is a joke.  And for those who like to hype my alleged bias, I wouldn't have Amolo on there.  Didn't do enough late in the year but he should have a huge year next year.

For you Tufts fans, I would be the most upset about Greenwood not getting on any of these teams (including regional).  I would pick Santos although he really came on late and probably a little too late in terms of timing of the voting. 

Carney should have at least been 3rd team.

I have to agree that Ramirez and Thompson were wrongly omitted....and u r correct about Greenwood and Santos...Kayne and Brown also worthy

Nutmeg

Quote from: 4231CenterBack on December 12, 2014, 08:37:44 PM

Wow. I would give Caleb Cole a little more credit. I live just north if Boston so I get to see Tufts, Brandeis, Babson and Gordon play quite a bit. As a freshman last year he was widely considered the best player in the CCC... Yes, I know it's a middle of the road conference. This year there was no question he was the best. He played for an academy club and with the Philly Union reserves.  He's small but I haven't seen a more technical d3 player in years.  He would be an impact player on any if the local sides mentioned above.

I'd say Ramirez on Messiah may be one of the best technical players I've seen in years....

Brother Flounder

Quote from: Nutmeg on December 12, 2014, 10:22:06 PM

I'd say Ramirez on Messiah may be one of the best technical players I've seen in years....

Yep......

Brother Flounder

Quote from: Nutmeg on December 12, 2014, 10:22:06 PM

Yep, again....

KICKIN95

Mike Pizzello from Loras was a 1st Team All Region in the North, leading scorer in the IIAC (14g) as a defensive midfielder and received the Defensive POY award for the conference and he doesn't make any of the teams? I am not picking on any players here, but Borge from Wheaton makes 2nd team with 4g & 5a? Pizzello donimated every player/team he faced in the midfield  The Duhawks had 3 1st Team All Region selections and no one makes it?  I would love to know who selects the Region teams because Loras also placed a player on the 3rd team that missed the last 13 matches of the season with an ACL injury, explain that one!?!
Master of all things "DuHawk"

Brother Flounder

Quote from: KICKIN95 on December 13, 2014, 01:02:37 PM
Mike Pizzello from Loras was a 1st Team All Region in the North, leading scorer in the IIAC (14g) as a defensive midfielder and received the Defensive POY award for the conference and he doesn't make any of the teams? I am not picking on any players here, but Borge from Wheaton makes 2nd team with 4g & 5a? Pizzello donimated every player/team he faced in the midfield  The Duhawks had 3 1st Team All Region selections and no one makes it?  I would love to know who selects the Region teams because Loras also placed a player on the 3rd team that missed the last 13 matches of the season with an ACL injury, explain that one!?!

Strange indeed....

Mr.Right

If Caleb Cole was that good he would be sitting on Messiah's bench since he is from PA. He is skilled but very slight and against good teams to which Gordon played NONE Cole would get eaten up. He needs to add 10-15lbs of muscle to that frame, keep his speed and technical ability, and score 15-20 goals. Then he would be a great All-American. If Gordon would schedule a Nescac or even a Newmac school then we could see how he would do.

pad3fan

Quote from: Mr.Right on December 14, 2014, 06:01:59 PM

If Caleb Cole was that good he would be sitting on Messiah's bench since he is from PA. He is skilled but very slight and against good teams to which Gordon played NONE Cole would get eaten up. He needs to add 10-15lbs of muscle to that frame, keep his speed and technical ability, and score 15-20 goals. Then he would be a great All-American. If Gordon would schedule a Nescac or even a Newmac school then we could see how he would do.

Mr. Right, Do you have personal knowledge that he wanted to go to Messiah?