NSCAA All-Americans

Started by lastguyoffthebench, December 12, 2014, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Right

Nope none at all but if he was that good he would have gone or been heavily recruited to Messiah. Until someone provides me proof that he was heavily recruited and turned them down for Gordon my opinion will not change. The point is he is a technical player for the CCC but is not an All-American.

pad3fan

Since you made the statement, wouldn't the burden of proof be on you rather than everyone else? The issue is that you throw out statements about players and why they are attending certain schools. Having an opinion on a players ability is one thing. Indicating that if a player was good enough, he would be somewhere else without ANY knowledge of the situation is irresponsible.

Mr.Right

It is my opinion. Usually a player will choose the better school if it is between to schools. In this case if Messiah came calling I am guessing Cole would of answered the bell. I could be wrong but that is why it is an opinion not fact.

4231CenterBack

Well this coming year will be a true test of Caleb Cole's credentials. Gordon is significantly increasing its SOS in 2015....dropping a couple gimmes and adding a Nescac power and a national top 10 Christian college program.  We'll see if Cole and Gordon can earn some respect here on the board....

KnightFalcon

Quote from: 4231CenterBack on December 15, 2014, 08:52:44 AM
Well this coming year will be a true test of Caleb Cole's credentials. Gordon is significantly increasing its SOS in 2015....dropping a couple gimmes and adding a Nescac power and a national top 10 Christian college program.  We'll see if Cole and Gordon can earn some respect here on the board....
Can you divulge the names of the NESCAC Power and National Top 10 Christian College program that were added to the schedule for next year?

Brother Flounder

Quote from: KnightFalcon on December 15, 2014, 09:13:44 AM
Quote from: 4231CenterBack on December 15, 2014, 08:52:44 AM
Can you divulge the names of the NESCAC Power and National Top 10 Christian College program that were added to the schedule for next year?

That will be beneficial to Gordon's program....

4231CenterBack

KnightFalcon I'll find out if it's appropriate to divulge the schedule upgrades. I will say for your benefit it's not Messiah... Not quite ready for them! Potteiger needs a couple of more solid recruiting classes. 

Brother Flounder

Quote from: 4231CenterBack on December 15, 2014, 10:49:09 AM
KnightFalcon I'll find out if it's appropriate to divulge the schedule upgrades. I will say for your benefit it's not Messiah... Not quite ready for them! Potteiger needs a couple of more solid recruiting classes.

and, looking forward to the NESCAC team(s) Gordon will play......

KnightFalcon

Agree - always fun to add new teams to the schedule, especially traditionally strong ones.

If not Messiah, then I would guess Calvin or Wheaton?  Or maybe Hope?

I would guess any team in the top half of NESCAC would be a good challenge for them as well.

lastguyoffthebench

I am going to take a guess that it will be Wheaton and Williams...

Mr.Right

I would guess Wheaton and Bowdoin or Tufts. Bowdoin and Tufts are much closer to Gordon than the other Nescac schools. I believe Gordon used to play Bowdoin 5-10 years ago. Either way  I cannot agree with you Flounder that this will benefit Gordon. This will undoubtedly add two more losses to their resume. This will benefit "bubble" Nescac teams as Gordon will not be in the regional rankings anymore. I will be curious to see if Gordon added a Nescac and top 10 team and dropped their two toughest non-league games now ECONN and Keene St, or did they drop two cupcakes.

GarbageGoals33

Quote from: KICKIN95 on December 13, 2014, 01:02:37 PM
Mike Pizzello from Loras was a 1st Team All Region in the North, leading scorer in the IIAC (14g) as a defensive midfielder and received the Defensive POY award for the conference and he doesn't make any of the teams? I am not picking on any players here, but Borge from Wheaton makes 2nd team with 4g & 5a? Pizzello donimated every player/team he faced in the midfield  The Duhawks had 3 1st Team All Region selections and no one makes it?  I would love to know who selects the Region teams because Loras also placed a player on the 3rd team that missed the last 13 matches of the season with an ACL injury, explain that one!?!

Pizzello is good, but he was severely outplayed by both GAC CM's the one time I watched him play, I might as well call your bluff on the "dominated every player/team he faced in the midfield comment.  He can win a ball in the air as he is a monster but Lilly (3rd team AA) and Adams (not all-region but I thought he was 1st team all-region quality...) were walking around him like he was a cone. 

PickettStreetParty

Quote from: GarbageGoals33 on December 15, 2014, 01:32:14 PM
Quote from: KICKIN95 on December 13, 2014, 01:02:37 PM
Mike Pizzello from Loras was a 1st Team All Region in the North, leading scorer in the IIAC (14g) as a defensive midfielder and received the Defensive POY award for the conference and he doesn't make any of the teams? I am not picking on any players here, but Borge from Wheaton makes 2nd team with 4g & 5a? Pizzello donimated every player/team he faced in the midfield  The Duhawks had 3 1st Team All Region selections and no one makes it?  I would love to know who selects the Region teams because Loras also placed a player on the 3rd team that missed the last 13 matches of the season with an ACL injury, explain that one!?!

Pizzello is good, but he was severely outplayed by both GAC CM's the one time I watched him play, I might as well call your bluff on the "dominated every player/team he faced in the midfield comment.  He can win a ball in the air as he is a monster but Lilly (3rd team AA) and Adams (not all-region but I thought he was 1st team all-region quality...) were walking around him like he was a cone.

Pizzello is AA caliber. Thought for sure he would be 1st or 2nd team. He scored more goals as a Defensive Center Mid then the offensive player of the year from Wartburg who was a 3rd team AA. Not sure how that works.... In some cases I feel like the IIAC players get hurt from their own conference. There have been rumors that not every team from their conference votes for All-Region teams which in the end limits the votes they can get for AA. 

4231CenterBack

Quote from: Mr.Right on December 15, 2014, 01:22:49 PM
I would guess Wheaton and Bowdoin or Tufts. Bowdoin and Tufts are much closer to Gordon than the other Nescac schools. I believe Gordon used to play Bowdoin 5-10 years ago. Either way  I cannot agree with you Flounder that this will benefit Gordon. This will undoubtedly add two more losses to their resume. This will benefit "bubble" Nescac teams as Gordon will not be in the regional rankings anymore. I will be curious to see if Gordon added a Nescac and top 10 team and dropped their two toughest non-league games now ECONN and Keene St, or did they drop two cupcakes.

Nope keeping ECSU and Keene state. Dropping true cupcake Mitchell and the Husson tourney. 

Mr. Right, keep an open mind about Gordon. They are bringing back 10 of 11 starters and 14-15 players who got legitimate time. Potteiger is a Brandt guy with an unbelievable pedigree. He's an aggressive and successful recruiter and the model has a proven track record.  There schedule has undoubtedly been soft but that's not a bad thing when you are playing almost all freshman and sophomores and trying to build a brand.

Mr.Right

I will keep my eye on Gordon but not very optimistic. Why do people assume that because the kid was an assistant to Brandt that he will succeed. Brandt is still human right? or has he morphed into a god? Anyway, IMO if Gordon wants to compete in New England and advance to a NCAA Sweet 16 they need to recruit more athletic players. They need more size and toughness. I appreciate that they try to "play" but they are just not talented enough to play like Messiah yet. They need to get bigger and more athletic in the back even if it means taking some technical players out of the lineup. They also need to figure out a legitimate home field. They used to play on a grass field in the middle of campus but they moved to a very narrow turf field that is barely adequate. I assume they moved like Conn College because there home field was getting ruined from students walking across it every day. That turf field reminds me of Indoor soccer minus the walls