WBB: Centennial Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, December 24, 2004, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

commish

The 2005-06 Centennial Conference Basketball Prospectus is now available online at http://www.centennial.org/basketball/prospectus .  The Prospectus includes the coaches preseason poll, which tabs McDaniel as the favorite to defend its 2006 title. It has rosters, stats, schedules and all the facts and figures that a Centennial basketball fan could want entering the new season.  We hope you enjoy the prospectus.

commish

The Centennial Conference Basketball Network has a good one scheduled for Saturday, as Johns Hopkins travels to Allentown to take on Muhlenberg.  Pat Cummings and Gordon Mann will have all the action of this renewal of one of the CC's top rivalries beginning approximately 1:50.  For more information, go to the "Gameday" link on the Centennial basketball page.

gordonmann

The women's game begins at 4 PM with pregame coverage at 3:50 on http://www.broadcastmonsters.com/.

Muhlenberg is 11-1 and JHU is tied for first.  Doesn't get much better than that.

care4kids

Just wanted to say I have seen a lot of Basketball.  Lots of talent in a lot of areas.  But Jen Bengel from Gettysburg bullets is by far the real deal as in genuine.  Great player, great team player, great attitude.  Congrats to you Jen it has been a pleasure watching you for 4 years.  You make Basketball a great game to watch.  You certainly are one special gal you can just do it all and so poised!!!!!!

Pat Coleman

I am pretty sure you've been watching Jen for much longer than four years.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

care4kids

Maybe 3 1/2 years ,  I do not re call hearing anything about her before.  But as I said She is the most consistant player I have seen in the last 3 years.  I hope she coaches one day.  She makes people play better and she is smart.  And since I went to Gettysburg she has my vote

care4kids

who do you think is the most poised pkayer on the court centennial conference?

Pat Coleman

Quote from: care4kids on January 22, 2006, 06:44:39 PM
Maybe 3 1/2 years ,  I do not re call hearing anything about her before.

Odd since you post from her hometown. With the same IP address as someone whom I already had a conversation with about impersonating someone whom they are not.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

care4kids

like I posted who do you think is the most poised girls basketball player in the centennial league?  If you do not know the answer do not reply. JUST CURIOUS. 
tHANX

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Sad to see this board so dead.  And I thought it was just a football problem as far as a lack of fans posting.

This is quite intriguing, actually.  There has been some excellent (maybe not on a national scale) football and basketball played in this conference over the years ... I'm disappointed there aren't more alumni and students showing their support and posting.  I've been to quite a few Centennial games over the past two years, and the fan support at the events seems to be there (at least for the winning programs).

But why the lack of posting?
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

Matt Barnhart (kid)

The reason I bring this up is because of the competitiveness of women this year.  There are six schools that will enter the CC tournament with a legit shot at winning it.  After realizing this, I came over to this board expecting to see pages and pages of posts (I hadn't looked over here since the end of last season) ... but all I find are two posts by the Steve Ulrich, two by Pat, one by Gordon and a handful by an impersonator.  All that in one year's time.  Geez.

Granted it's not as sad as the PAC board (no post in 11 months), but clearly the MAC (282 posts in less than seven months) has a bit more support.

Again ... what's the deal?
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

sunny

Quote from: eh ... just call me 'kid' on January 31, 2006, 11:38:39 AM
There are six schools that will enter the CC tournament with a legit shot at winning it. 

Well, actually only five schools will have a legit shot at winning the CC Tournament once they enter it, since only five teams get in, but your point is still valid.

commish

It's come down to the final day for determining the Centennial Conference playoff field.  Johns Hopkins and Muhlenberg have locked up their first-round byes ... but who gets the top seed and home court advantage for the final four?  Listen to our friends at WMUH-FM for coverage of the Muhlenberg-Ursinus game. 

Dickinson and Gettysburg are fighting for a first-round bye and meet in the regular-season finale at Bream Gym.  Catch all the action courtesy of WDCV-FM.

The good folks at WTTR-AM will bring you live coverage of the McDaniel-Washington game that also has playoff implications.

Keep up with real-time scores on our "Score Blog" (http://centennialconference.blogspot.com) and enjoy an exciting day of Conference women's basketball action.

commish

The 2006 All-Centennial women's basketball team is out and Gettysburg senior forward Jennifer Bengel has been named the Conference Player of the Year.  Joining her on the first team is Muhlenberg's Kristen Piscadlo and Meghan Courtney, Johns Hopkins' Katie Kimball and Swarthmore's Karen Berk.  The complete team can be found at http://www.centennial.org/basketball/2006/All_CC_WBK.pdf

historymajor

Anybody heard how F&M finished up on their TX trip?  I saw them play TU to open, and they were a class bunch of players, coaches and parents!