FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Boerger

I only got to watch the first half of the game on Saturday; if MHB plays the way the did in the first half they won't have a chance in Alliance.  That was the most uncharacteristic half of football I saw from the Cru all season.  Against lesser teams, you can recover from a bad half, but if you try that against the Raiders they'll put 40 points up on before you know what happened. 

Good luck to the Cru this week and safe travels to all. 

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: Jerry Bawcom on December 03, 2012, 08:48:16 AM
I believe again that the lines will make the difference in the UMHB-Mt Union game Sat.  The offensive line that opens the holes and protects the quarterback and the defensive line that holds the line of scrimmage and makes quarterback sacks or hurries the quarterback are key components of a win.  If one team can put both of these together with good teamwork with the backs, they'll be the team to win......

Pretty Cool that the former President of your University posts on here!
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Desertraider

Quote from: DE Wesley Fan on December 03, 2012, 09:23:30 AM
Just a reminder for anybody who may be going to Alliance for the first time that you'll be very close to Canton and the NFL Hall of Fame.  Definitely worth taking the time to visit there if your schedule allows.  Hope you all have a safe trip and get to enjoy a wonderful game.  Trying to figure out how to be able to watch on ESPN3.  So aggravating it's not on a "real" ESPN channel - guess they must have a bowling match or billiards game to show??

It has to be poker. Like the Stagg a couple years ago (the one that was delayed due to weather) when they moved it to a different ESPN (one I didn't have!!!) so as not to interfere with POKER - not even a sport.

As far as the "most people" comment on UMHB "cowering" etc.. Not a chance. You won;t find a single Mount fan (that is both sane and sober) thinking UMHB will cower. Nothing but respect for UMHB - but it's time to get it on!
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

Hawks88

ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. I guess poker falls under the "Entertainment" part?  ::)

Desertraider

"entertaining" for whom? Watching poker is like watching grass grow.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

crufootball

Quote from: desertraider on December 03, 2012, 11:10:40 AM
"entertaining" for whom? Watching poker is like watching grass grow.

ESPN covered that too, they just called it a lawn mower race  ;)

umhb2001

Quote from: Hawks88 on December 03, 2012, 10:53:17 AM
ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. I guess poker falls under the "Entertainment" part?  ::)

Looks like SportsCenter and college basketball headline the time slots for ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

jaypeter

Noticed on he Yahoo! main page this morning a link to the late TD from Saturday and a tag that it would be one of the best highlights from college football this year. 

umhbalum

I haven't seen anyone comment on the UMHB kicking game but in my opinion it's by far their biggest weak spot.

Everytime they line up for an extra point or FG I hold my breath.

Teamski

I just hope that the Cru will play a clean game.  If they do, I think they can stick with MU.  They are going to have to be the bigger team next week to win.  I hope they do.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: umhbalum on December 03, 2012, 03:55:35 PM
I haven't seen anyone comment on the UMHB kicking game but in my opinion it's by far their biggest weak spot.

There are no Munoz brothers left?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

GRIZ_BACKER

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on December 03, 2012, 08:58:34 AM
Quote from: umhb2001 on December 02, 2012, 11:38:33 PM
I think most of the people feel that UMHB is going to cower and be intimidated on Saturday by the MU offense and the D's speed and ability to stop points . I guarantee this wont happen. Period.

"MOST" people?  I doubt that very much.  I know that as HSCoach has said, anyone that follows D-III football at all knows better.  I think it's truly a classic match-up, and expect a barn-burner, with a last second scenario playing out.

Safe journeys for anyone coming up, and please come to our little gathering on Friday night if you get a chance.

Having seen both teams play in person I believe UMHB will need to play nearly flawless as Mount has the speed, line play, and discipline to hande the CRU.  Mount by 14 plus.
HCAC Champions 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

umhb2001

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 03, 2012, 05:16:54 PM
Quote from: umhbalum on December 03, 2012, 03:55:35 PM

There are no Munoz brothers left?

The youngest one is there, sorta like the Molina brothers in baseball. He hasn't had many opportunities. Peevy can be good. He just needs confidence.

umhb2001

Quote from: GRIZ_BACKER on December 03, 2012, 06:44:13 PM
Quote from: skunks_sidekick on December 03, 2012, 08:58:34 AM
Quote from: umhb2001 on December 02, 2012, 11:38:33 PM
I think most of the people feel that UMHB is going to cower and be intimidated on Saturday by the MU offense and the D's speed and ability to stop points . I guarantee this wont happen. Period.

"MOST" people?  I doubt that very much.  I know that as HSCoach has said, anyone that follows D-III football at all knows better.  I think it's truly a classic match-up, and expect a barn-burner, with a last second scenario playing out.

Safe journeys for anyone coming up, and please come to our little gathering on Friday night if you get a chance.

Having seen both teams play in person I believe UMHB will need to play nearly flawless as Mount has the speed, line play, and discipline to hande the CRU.  Mount by 14 plus.

That's fine. Numbers didn't mean much the first time around either.

crufootball

I find it interesting to see how people are saying the only way UMHB can hang with Mount Union is if we play a clean game. I realize Mount Union is the big gorilla in the room but there are 4 teams playing this week that need to play a clean game to move onto the next round. All the teams playing this weekend have perfect records and come from strong conferences so they all can and will capitalize on mistakes. So while it is true that UMHB will have to play a clean game to win, I would say the same thing about UMU, St. Thomas and UW-O.