BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

Quote from: jigsaw54 on April 09, 2011, 09:39:41 AM
Poppa whats your prediction this weekend with NCC and Carthage.  Want to hear your thoughts on the matchup.

I see Carthage taking 2 of 3 at minimum or sweeping in best case scenario. It is a good chance to find out if NCC is for real right now. Their Rose-Hulman series makes me think they are more pretender than contender, but today will help make that clearer.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

norfrank

mwunder

Quote from: BigPoppa on April 09, 2011, 02:29:05 PM
Poppa whats your prediction this weekend with NCC and Carthage.  Want to hear your thoughts on the matchup.

I see Carthage taking 2 of 3 at minimum or sweeping in best case scenario. It is a good chance to find out if NCC is for real right now. Their Rose-Hulman series makes me think they are more pretender than contender, but today will help make that clearer.

I believe it's 4 games this weekend with a pair of games each day.  Carthage wins the first of the series 5-4 with a walk-off in the 9th.  http://athletics.carthage.edu/news/2011/4/9/Baseball_0409113100.aspx

Gregory Sager

NPU took the first game of today's rain-delayed doubleheader in Decatur, beating Millikin, 9-0. Steve Kuligowski (5-1, 2.72) went the distance for North Park, scattering three hits without allowing a walk. He also struck out nine and pitched to only one batter above the minimum. No Big Blue player reached second base in the game.

The second game of the doubleheader will start shortly.

Quote from: mwunder on April 09, 2011, 04:20:29 PM
Poppa whats your prediction this weekend with NCC and Carthage.  Want to hear your thoughts on the matchup.

I believe it's 4 games this weekend with a pair of games each day.  Carthage wins the first of the series 5-4 with a walk-off in the 9th.  http://athletics.carthage.edu/news/2011/4/9/Baseball_0409113100.aspx

No, it's only a three-game series -- two today, one tomorrow.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Quote from: BigPoppa on April 08, 2011, 11:09:50 PM
The CCIW already appears to be a five team race for the four playoff spots. Which of the bottom three teams is going to cost one of the top five teams a playoff spot?

Carthage 4-0
IWU 5-1
NCC 4-1
Augustana 4-1
North Park 3-2

---------------------------HUGE GAP-----------------------

Wheaton 0-5
Millikin 0-5
Elmhurst 0-5

Dunno about it costing anyone a playoff spot, but one of the three winless teams at the bottom just broke through. Wheaton topped Illinois Wesleyan in the nightcap of today's doubleheader, 7-5, to salvage a game in the three-game series.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Quote from: mwunder on April 09, 2011, 04:20:29 PM

North Central came back to win the nightcap, 6-3.

Also, Augie held off Elmhurst in the first game of their doubleheader today in Rock Island, 3-2.

Update: Augie won the second game as well, 8-5.

mwunder

Greg, you're probably right, but I was going by what the Carthage website still says...

Gregory Sager

Quote from: mwunder on April 09, 2011, 07:23:04 PM
Greg, you're probably right, but I was going by what the Carthage website still says...

CCIW teams play three-game series against each other. The CCIW website indicates correctly that tomorrow's NCC vs. CC contest is a single game.

Gregory Sager

North Park swept the doubleheader by cruising over Millikin, 9-1. Nick Soldano (4-0, 1.80) went the distance, giving up five hits and striking out nine without walking anybody. The Big Blue certainly didn't help its cause by committing seven errors that helped lead to five unearned runs.

The two teams will conclude their series tomorrow afternoon with a noon game in Decatur.

BigPoppa

NCC just scored three in the bottom of the 9th to tie it at 7-7. Unearned run as Carthage comitted an error to extend the inning.

Three great games on the weekened between these two teams.

BigPoppa

I get frustrated when Carthage misplays the ball, but who am I to talk?! I hold the NCAA record for most errors in a world series game (4) and in a single series (8). Just had one of those weeks and I have been trying to live it down ever since that moment in '94.

RedmanFan35

Carthage wins 8 -7 in 10 innings. A defensive struggle with only 2 combined earned runs !!lol
Get used to it BP, I have.  :)

RedmanFan35

You gotta give these guys credit. They seem to be pretty good at overcoming mistakes and coming out with the win. Big Lead Off Homer by Kyle Pusateri in the top of the 10th !!!

mwunder

Quote from: BigPoppa on April 10, 2011, 04:51:37 PM
I get frustrated when Carthage misplays the ball, but who am I to talk?! I hold the NCAA record for most errors in a world series game (4) and in a single series (8). Just had one of those weeks and I have been trying to live it down ever since that moment in '94.

It's a good thing you could hit!! 

79jaybird

I see my Cousin is leading the Augie Vikes with 5 wins.  Wow,  keep up the good work Michael J.   In years past I would have said why are you bruising my Alma Mater, but glad to see you ripping them up now.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION