MBB: State University of New York Athletic Conference

Started by bamm, March 12, 2005, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicman

Oneonta 44 Plattsburgh 38 at the half.

Red Dragons get three 3 pointers in 61 seconds to go from 3 points down to up 6 at the break.

Oneonta is led by Kevin Mackin with 14 points. 4x10 from 3 point land.
Andres Rivera with 9 points and 4 rebounds.
Carson Jacobs with 6 points and 5 rebounds.

Jon Patron with 10 points and 5 boards to lead the Cardinals
Chris Middleton with 9 points and 3 rebounds.
Travis Cox with 6 points and 4 rebounds.
Ian Howard with 5 points and 5 rebounds.

magicman

Other scores.

Oswego leads brockport 50-36 with 19 minutes to play in the game.

Geneseo leads Cortland 44-31 with 14 minutes to play in the game.

Potsdam leads New Paltz 33-32 with 14:45 left in the game.

magicman

Final scores on a crazy day.

Oneonta 80 Plattsburgh 62

Oswego 85 Brockport 65

Potsdam 59 New Paltz 55

Geneseo 64 Cortland 49

AllStar

Oswego will be the No. 1 seed in the conference tournament, Plattsburgh No. 2, and then it's anyone's guess.

AUPepBand

Quote from: magicman on February 15, 2019, 09:19:49 PM
Final scores on a crazy day.

Oneonta 80 Plattsburgh 62

Oswego 85 Brockport 65

Potsdam 59 New Paltz 55

Geneseo 64 Cortland 49

So Geneseo splits with both Brockport and Cortland? and Oneonta manhandles the top two teams in the YAC?
Crazy!!!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

ronk

Looks like an interesting night in Oneonta with 4 techs by Plattsburgh; I'll let magic fill us in on the details.

magicman

Quote from: ronk on February 16, 2019, 12:00:07 AM
Looks like an interesting night in Oneonta with 4 techs by Plattsburgh; I'll let magic fill us in on the details.

ronk,
I don't know why all the technicals occurred. I was watching the game and saw a little scuffle break out between two players, one from each team. I have no idea why there were 4 technicals called on 3 different players. There wasn't much time left 1:27 and Plattsburgh was down 10 points and not likely to win anyway. The refs for this game were terrible, missing calls all over the place and calling ticky tack fouls and not calling obvious fouls. There were bad calls on both sides and Oneonta probably got the worst of it. Their big man, Joe Bull, had 3 fouls called on him in the first 7 minutes of the game and only played 19 minutes, he normally plays 35 to 40 minutes in a close game.

One thing I've never seen before was a player (Oneonta's Kevin Mackin) standing at the foul line taking 8 straight free throws and then replaced by another player (Oneonta's Deegan Harrison)  who took a pair giving them 10 straight free throws. They made 8 of the 10, but as I said, it didn't matter they already had the game won.

Oneonta played great and the most important stat....they had 12 made three pointers....we had 0x12. ::) :o They deserved to win the game.     

Smitty Oom

Quote from: magicman on February 16, 2019, 03:20:46 PM
Quote from: ronk on February 16, 2019, 12:00:07 AM

ronk,
I don't know why all the technicals occurred. I was watching the game and saw a little scuffle break out between two players, one from each team. I have no idea why there were 4 technicals called on 3 different players. There wasn't much time left 1:27 and Plattsburgh was down 10 points and not likely to win anyway. The refs for this game were terrible, missing calls all over the place and calling ticky tack fouls and not calling obvious fouls. There were bad calls on both sides and Oneonta probably got the worst of it. Their big man, Joe Bull, had 3 fouls called on him in the first 7 minutes of the game and only played 19 minutes, he normally plays 35 to 40 minutes in a close game.

One thing I've never seen before was a player (Oneonta's Kevin Mackin) standing at the foul line taking 8 straight free throws and then replaced by another player (Oneonta's Deegan Harrison)  who took a pair giving them 10 straight free throws. They made 8 of the 10, but as I said, it didn't matter they already had the game won.

Oneonta played great and the most important stat....they had 12 made three pointers....we had 0x12. ::) :o They deserved to win the game.   

Crazy... I have never heard of that before!

thebear

Many years ago, I remember that the names and numbers in the scorebook of some game didn't match, they had been copied wrong, so all the players were wearing numbers that didn't agree with the scorebook. At the first dead ball after the opening tip, the other coach had noticed that, and called the ref over, and his team shot 10 ft's.  The game was stopped so the book could be corrected.

"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

magicman

Feb. 16      The big finish with no drama for the top seed but lots of stuff everywhere else as everybody hits the court today   

Oswego State  @  Geneseo State        4:00 PM

Lakers playing to make their record look better in case they need an at large bid. Geneseo playing for pride. Knights knocked off Brockport and Cortland in the past week. Can they do it again. Oddsmakers have made Oswego a 13 point favorite. They better bring their game because the Knights would love to beat the top seed and carry that over into next season. Lakers win this one 75-65.

Plattsburgh State  @  New Paltz State        4:00 PM

Plattsburgh needs a win to make their record better, especially now that they may slide to 3rd place in the next set of Regional Rankings. They better bring their game because they left it on the bus yesterday. Hawks need a win here to secure a playoff bid they will be hungrier than the Cardinals. Oddsmakers have Plattsburgh favored by 8 points. I think they win by an 83-72 final score.

Cortland State  @  Brockport State        4:00 PM    Co-Featured Game of the Day

The winner gets the 3 seed the loser gets the 4 seed. No one else can move up any higher than the 5 spot. The oddsmakers have this one almost dead even, as they make  the Red Dragons a 1 point favorite. Both teams struggling down the stretch. I'll go withthe home team to win 76-73

Fredonia State  @  Buffalo State        4:00 PM

Both team would like to end disappointing seasons with a win. Only one can do that. Oddsmakers think the Bengals are big 15 point home favorites. I tend to agree. Blue Devils haven't won on the road all year. Buffalo State 89 Fredonia 74.

Potsdam State  @  Oneonta State        4:00 PM   Co-Featured Game of the Day

The winner is in, the loser may be out depending on who the loser is and what New Paltz does. The oddsmakers have made the Red Dragons a 6 point favorite. I think Oneonta wins this one as well to avenge the earlier loss to the Bears. Should be lots of points... Oneonta 89 Potsdam 84

I think Oneonta beats the Bears and claims the 5th seed with a 10-8 record. I also think Plattsburgh helps out the Bears and defeats New Paltz giving both the Hawks and the Bears 9-9 records. Potsdam wins the tiebreaker by virtue of their 2 wins over New Paltz and claims the 6th seed. 

thebear

My Bears, despite a tough day at Dewar, make the SUNYAC playoffs for the first time since 2011, and face Brockport on Tuesday at Tuttle North.  Congrats to Coach Bechtel and his seniors, who have moved from 1-24 in their first year through a coaching change to 13-12 and a playoff game as seniors.

"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

AllStar

Good luck to those in the SUNYAC Tournament!

With Age Comes Wisdom?

Magic must be looking forward to the "dance" if Plattsburgh keeps rolling!

magicman

Quote from: With Age Comes Wisdom? on February 18, 2019, 06:23:51 AM

I'm hoping we keep rolling. Had a little blip over the weekend that could have cost us hosting rights but turned out it didn't matter, when Oswego beat Brockport, so we head down there. I don't want to be waiting on an NCAA at large bid, so winning the YAC tournament is the solution to that problem. Tough tournament this week, though, as all 6 teams are capable of winning the title.

spwood

Quote from: magicman on February 18, 2019, 08:46:04 AM
Quote from: With Age Comes Wisdom? on February 18, 2019, 06:23:51 AM

I'm hoping we keep rolling. Had a little blip over the weekend that could have cost us hosting rights but turned out it didn't matter, when Oswego beat Brockport, so we head down there. I don't want to be waiting on an NCAA at large bid, so winning the YAC tournament is the solution to that problem. Tough tournament this week, though, as all 6 teams are capable of winning the title.

Plus none of the six can count on an at-large bid so all are playing to make the NCAA tourney...