UWO   6.1   0.9
UWP   5.6   1.4
UWW   5.3   1.7
UWSP   3.4   3.6
UWL   2.7   4.3
UWRF   2.4   4.6
UWSt   1.7   5.3
UWEC   0.8   6.2

Once returning starter adjustments come in, I suspect that UWO & UWP will regress a bit, while UWW will probably climb.
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

emma17

Thanks Hansen.
If you ran the same projections one year ago at this time, what would the results look like?

HansenRatings

Quote from: emma17 on February 17, 2017, 10:24:31 AM
Thanks Hansen.
If you ran the same projections one year ago at this time, what would the results look like?

Before the returning starter adjustments last season:

TEAM   Est W   Est L
UWW   6.0   1.0
UWO   5.7   1.3
UWP   5.4   1.6
UWSP   4.0   3.0
UWL   2.8   4.2
UWSt   1.7   5.3
UWRF   1.3   5.7
UWEC   1.1   5.9

And after adjusting for returning starters:

TEAM   Est W   Est L
UWW   6.1   0.9
UWO   5.7   1.3
UWP   5.4   1.6
UWSP   3.9   3.1
UWL   3.1   3.9
UWSt   1.6   5.4
UWRF   1.3   5.7
UWEC   0.9   6.1

emma17

I was most curious where UWO stood last year. 
Thanks.

doolittledog

There was a post on the D2 board that mentioned Winona St was disgruntled in the NSIC and mentioned moving to that "Wisconsin League"  I am guessing they meant the WIAC.  Has anyone here heard anything about that?  I only looked back 3 pages here and saw no mentions.  Would the WIAC be interested if this rumor is true?
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Just Bill

Quote from: doolittledog on March 01, 2017, 11:21:27 AM
There was a post on the D2 board that mentioned Winona St was disgruntled in the NSIC and mentioned moving to that "Wisconsin League"  I am guessing they meant the WIAC.  Has anyone here heard anything about that?  I only looked back 3 pages here and saw no mentions.  Would the WIAC be interested if this rumor is true?

Obviously, they'd have to start by moving to D-III first (in all sports, not just football), which would be quite the serious decision and would involve a four-year transition process IF D-III allowed them in. I think that hurdle alone is probably more than WSU wants to tackle. That's a much larger campus discussion than just, "Hey we'd like a different football league"
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

doolittledog

Upon further review I guess the 'talk' of Winona moving to the WIAC is actually just one disgruntled Winona fan talking on the message board. Interesting off season theory anyway. I suppose if the IIAC can add a school from Nebraska, it would be possible for the WIAC to add a Minnesota state school.
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

HansenRatings

Quote from: doolittledog on March 01, 2017, 12:43:45 PM
Upon further review I guess the 'talk' of Winona moving to the WIAC is actually just one disgruntled Winona fan talking on the message board. Interesting off season theory anyway. I suppose if the IIAC can add a school from Nebraska, it would be possible for the WIAC to add a Minnesota state school.

With the major difference here being that all of the schools in the WIAC are operated under the purview of the larger University of Wisconsin system. The IIAC schools don't have a singular board in that sense.

emma17

With UWO there, UWP an inch from being there and UWL about to be there, as far as I'm concerned that Wisconsin League doesn't need any more competition for the Warhawks.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: Just Bill on March 01, 2017, 12:24:47 PM

Obviously, they'd have to start by moving to D-III first (in all sports, not just football), which would be quite the serious decision and would involve a four-year transition process IF D-III allowed them in. I think that hurdle alone is probably more than WSU wants to tackle. That's a much larger campus discussion than just, "Hey we'd like a different football league"

Winona State is already a WIAC affiliate in women's gymnastics. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Just Bill

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on March 02, 2017, 12:17:07 PM
Quote from: Just Bill on March 01, 2017, 12:24:47 PM

Winona State is already a WIAC affiliate in women's gymnastics.
Yes, because in women's gymnastics the NCAA divisions are not separated, they compete together. It's all "National Collegiate". Since most smaller school can't possibly compete with the UCLA's and Utah's of the gymnastics world, they gather for the NGCA National Championships, a coaches association sponsored championships for D-II and D-III level schools. Football won't work like that.

In football and most sports you can't "play down" in football, and still keep your other sports D-I or D-II. This is the "Dayton Rule". Dayton at one point had a D-I athletics program with a D-III football team. The NCAA membership decided they were gaining an unfair advantage as their D-I track and field athletes were populating the skill positions of the D-III football team. So they changed the rule. There's a couple of grandfathered programs that still do this (Johns Hopkins lacrosse is the most prominent), but you can't do it anymore.

(Didn't think you'd come hear for collegiate gymnastics talk, did you?)
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

badgerwarhawk

No, I didn't.  But thanks for clarifying it.  I remember when Dayton had the DIII football program. 

HansenRatings

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: HansenRatings on March 15, 2017, 10:57:52 AM
Good preview for Coach Leipold's 2017 season on SBNation.com

Thanks for the link.

Good luck, Lance.  I really think Zembrowski was a great addition.  The work he did with Jeff Donovan was nothing short of amazing.  Donovan was a good QB to begin with but he was exceptional when Zembrowski was finished.   I can honestly say that other than Lance and crew departing  I was never more disappointed to see a member of our staff move on.  I sincerely believe that he is one hell of a coach.

emma17

Yes Hansen
Thanks for the link. What a great and deep review of the entire situation.
UB only has one game where their win probability is greater than 50%. The next highest is 34%. Year 3 is LL's opportunity year.
I hope they blow the predictions out of the water.

BW- I agree wholeheartedly about Zembrowski. That 2009 Stagg Bowl offensive game plan and execution were outstanding.