FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncc_fan

NCC's Broc Rutter signs with the Montréal Alouettes of the Ligue Canadienne de Football.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: ncc_fan on January 22, 2021, 03:12:42 PM
NCC's Broc Rutter signs with the Montreal Alouettes of the Ligue Canadienne de Football.

Cool!  Keep us posted when actual action begins.

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

augie77

The Lansing State Journal reports that Wheaton cornerback Spencer Rowland will be walking on at Michigan State as a graduate transfer.

kiko

This is an OAC thing but for those who do not meander over to that board, the new Eagles' coach is a Mount Union alum.  The Athletic has a nice oral history of his time there that has some interesting tidbits about their program back in the day.

https://theathletic.com/2347287/2021/01/28/purple-raider-pipeline-eagles-coach-nick-siriannis-formative-years-mount-union/

(Behind a paywall; subscription required)

matblake

Quote from: augie77 on January 24, 2021, 11:54:53 PM
The Lansing State Journal reports that Wheaton cornerback Spencer Rowland will be walking on at Michigan State as a graduate transfer.

Announced at the Michigan State late signing day.  I had forgotten Pete Ittersagen and Mel Tucker had crossed paths in Jacksonville.
At 5:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwWvbcHkWy4

augie77

I wonder how many medical school students have concurrently played FBS football.  Wishing Spencer Rowland luck at Michigan State!

New Tradition

Quote from: matblake on February 03, 2021, 03:41:28 PM

Announced at the Michigan State late signing day.  I had forgotten Pete Ittersagen and Mel Tucker had crossed paths in Jacksonville.
That's pretty neat.  Also, congrats on hitting 2k posts!
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

matblake

Quote from: New Tradition on February 05, 2021, 09:39:41 AM
Quote from: matblake on February 03, 2021, 03:41:28 PM

That's pretty neat.  Also, congrats on hitting 2k posts!

Thanks, I hadn't noticed myself!

CardinalAlum

Quote from: USee on January 18, 2021, 10:44:38 PM
So NCC is playing one game. Interesting.

NCC will NOT be playing any games this Spring. 
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

hazzben

Quote from: USee on January 19, 2021, 11:24:15 AM
Quote from: New Tradition on January 19, 2021, 08:29:56 AM
And no Wheaton.  Very curious as to how all that was determined.

Jesse Scott released a statement:

https://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2021/1/15/a-note-from-wheaton-football-and-wheaton-head-football-coach-jesse-scott.aspx

My take on it is they have a large number of 5th year seniors who planned on playing last fall and almost all of them are taking the year off to come back in fall 2021. That and with their QB playing basketball, it's really a question of numbers and avoiding injuries that may leak into the fall in a game schedule. So doing their own thing via practices and intrasquad scrimmages, they can control the contact a bit more.

I'd like to have seen a game or two at least but I understand the sentiment as Wheaton will be stacked this Fall.

Bethel likely doing something similar. QB and a number of 2020 Sr's are taking Spring off to save money, and come back in the fall. The coaches would like to have scrimmages and intra-squad stuff rather than full blown games. To limit reps/contact, etc.

Next Man Up

Quote from: CardinalAlum on February 07, 2021, 02:14:27 AM

Can insiders offer any insight as to why NCC has chosen to forego an entire season?
Are many seniors planning on returning next season to take advantage of the opportunity to use their year of "free" eligibility.
Perhaps the thinking of Thorne and the Administration was why risk injury or possible widespread COVID infection just for one game.
So young hero, ask yourself............................Do you want to go to college, get a good education, and play (basketball)(football), or do you want to go to college, get a good education, and watch (basketball)(football)? 🤔 😏

Don't surround yourself with yourself. 🧍🏼‍♂️(Yes)

USee

Quote from: Next Man Up on February 16, 2021, 11:52:57 PM

Can insiders offer any insight as to why NCC has chosen to forego an entire season?
Are many seniors planning on returning next season to take advantage of the opportunity to use their year of "free" eligibility.
Perhaps the thinking of Thorne and the Administration was why risk injury or possible widespread COVID infection just for one game.

I can't speak for NCC but Wheaton has a lot of players taking this year off school. It's expensive to be enrolled and they also are better able to schedule the right courses by sitting out so they can graduate on time. The injury thing is a reason too, but I would think less so than the expense.

CardinalAlum

Quote from: Next Man Up on February 16, 2021, 11:52:57 PM

Coach Thorne has stated that the focus is on being healthy going into the Fall.  This isn't an "entire season", it's a few games of glorified scrimmages that some schools may find value in.  Wheaton seems to be of the same mindset.   
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

Next Man Up

It was reported above that several Wheaton players are taking this year off school, effectively "loading up" in order to help insure that a powerhouse squad returns this fall. Is it known whether the Cardinals have embarked on the same path?
So young hero, ask yourself............................Do you want to go to college, get a good education, and play (basketball)(football), or do you want to go to college, get a good education, and watch (basketball)(football)? 🤔 😏

Don't surround yourself with yourself. 🧍🏼‍♂️(Yes)