New England Collegiate Conference (NECC)

Started by d3bballinboston, May 31, 2007, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3bballinboston

Bay Path, Newbury, Lesley, Elms, Becker, Daniel Webster, Wheelock and Mitchell all have formed the NEAC.  They will start conference play in 08-09.
Official press release will come out on Tuesday.

Pat Coleman

Yet another league that can't figure out what acronyms are already taken. NEnAC for these guys.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

We don't get to have an informal naming contest for this one like we did with the NAsCon?  (By the way, I'm not letting that acronym die; I love it!)
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

atn alum

Massey ratings from 2006-07

Elms 196
Newbury 288
Lesley 309
Mitchell 373
Daniel Webster 389
Becker 392

Trying to be nice here...let's just say Oy vey...

d3bballinboston

and thats why these schools all combined. Their best chance toget into the NCAA's.  These schools are competitive with each other.  Thats all the schools care about. They don't care what other leagues think.  Just happy that in 09-10 or 10-11 they will have their own AQ.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: d3bballinboston on June 01, 2007, 11:36:02 AM
and thats why these schools all combined. Their best chance toget into the NCAA's.  These schools are competitive with each other.  Thats all the schools care about. They don't care what other leagues think.  Just happy that in 09-10 or 10-11 they will have their own AQ.

10-11, hat is assuming they can maintain seven men's basketball programs.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

What happens if the other NEAC folds, can this conference take over the acronym or do they always remain the NEnAC? 

...no, I couldn't come up with something better.  I yield.

d3bballinboston

i think the NEnAC will be fine with 7 teams.  I think you might some other schools join this league now that it is official announced.  I could see teams like Anna Maria, Regis and Rivier looking to the NEnAC very seriouslly now.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Hoops Fan on June 01, 2007, 10:43:35 AM

We don't get to have an informal naming contest for this one like we did with the NAsCon?  (By the way, I'm not letting that acronym die; I love it!)

I believe it was NAthCon and I do occasionally use that. I usually use it on the board when someone tries to call it the NAC.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

heythere

wow these basketball programs are bad. does elms even have to play next year or do the just get the championship now.

Pat Coleman

Elms should consider playing. They'll have to win probably 20 games against that weak schedule to get a Pool B bid.

d3bballinboston

newbury men is an alright team.. they did beat gordon, worcester state, st. joes of maine for a total of 15 wins last year. 

Pat Coleman

The rankings say it all on there, though.

Ralph Turner

Congratulations to the Mitchell Pequots on their move to Year 3 of provisional status.  Games versus Mitchell count towards post-season consideration.

The Pequots (named for the indigenous tribe) should be full members in 2009-10.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Now Mitchell games are just a joke, not just a charity.