FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D O.C.

veryolddog....come on, trim your muttonchops, put on your
bowler and go for a spin on that three-wheel bike.
I get it.

olddog

Quote from: D O.C. on February 22, 2018, 03:23:01 PM
veryolddog....come on, trim your muttonchops, put on you bowler and go for a spin on that theee-wheel bike.
I get it.

Monrovia Cats was good, but DOC you can do better...BTW DOC I don't know if you can afford a new shirt but retro bowling shirts are back in style...
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

OxyBob

Quote from: OCguy on February 22, 2018, 10:23:52 AM
Anyone else wondering why Oxy has normal teachers and non-athletic students on the football Advisory board? Shouldn't the people deciding how to re-build a football program have experience actually playing on a football team and having success? Nobody brings in the football coaches when trying to decide the English Departments curriculum at the beginning of the year because that isn't what they know how to do. So why do they have individuals who never played the game in their life deciding the fate of the team? Something seems off here.

Nothing is off. The Oxy administration is trying to kill off the football team. Rather than just administer the coup de grace, they're slowly and designedly killing it with unrealistic and unachievable recommendations from a "task force" to provide the administration cover. Everyone thinks they're soooo clever.

OxyBob

olddog

Quote from: OxyBob on February 22, 2018, 04:13:37 PM
Quote from: OCguy on February 22, 2018, 10:23:52 AM
Anyone else wondering why Oxy has normal teachers and non-athletic students on the football Advisory board? Shouldn't the people deciding how to re-build a football program have experience actually playing on a football team and having success? Nobody brings in the football coaches when trying to decide the English Departments curriculum at the beginning of the year because that isn't what they know how to do. So why do they have individuals who never played the game in their life deciding the fate of the team? Something seems off here.

Nothing is off. The Oxy administration is trying to kill off the football team. Rather than just administer the coup de grace, they're slowly and designedly killing it with unrealistic and unachievable recommendations from a "task force" to provide the administration cover. Everyone thinks they're soooo clever.

OxyBob

Well said....they already nixed American Flags

DFWCrufan

You know Oxy has to do something about that toxic masculinity....
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

Gray Fox

Quote from: DFWCrufan on February 23, 2018, 04:45:14 PM
You know Oxy has to do something about that toxic masculinity....
They have.   Their AD is taking care of that.
Fierce When Roused

OCguy

Here is an updated look at the new away stands for Chapman. I know Redlands has the claim for the best grass, Oxy has the claim for the best mood lighting and Pomona has the best tree roots in their end zone. I think Chapman has the best overall stadium given the recent advancement in away seating. You can tell me I am wrong, i just won't believe you.

Open the link: https://www.chapman.edu/support-chapman/capital-campaigns/keck-center/index.aspx
Then click on "watch live cam"

Jack Parkman

Quote from: OCguy on February 28, 2018, 04:49:54 PM
Here is an updated look at the new away stands for Chapman. I know Redlands has the claim for the best grass, Oxy has the claim for the best mood lighting and Pomona has the best tree roots in their end zone. I think Chapman has the best overall stadium given the recent advancement in away seating. You can tell me I am wrong, i just won't believe you.

Open the link: https://www.chapman.edu/support-chapman/capital-campaigns/keck-center/index.aspx

Wow, that is a great looking building and I love the stands built in.  Very impressive.

olddog

Was on campus the other day for a basketball game. I went and checked it out. It turned out real nice. Going to have the feel of a larger venue. Of course it is not as good as the open roof "Cat Dome" with post in viewers line of sight.

RFB

Not bad, but still can't touch "The Runner"

D O.C.

What's a better deal, a Chapman 4 year degree or that guy loading all the trucks?

RFB

Quote from: D O.C. on March 01, 2018, 01:05:45 AM
What's a better deal, a Chapman 4 year degree or that guy loading all the trucks?

The guy loading the trucks for a few years to learn the ropes and then starts his own business.

DFWCrufan

Quote from: RFB on February 28, 2018, 06:20:59 PM

Not bad, but still can't touch "The Runner"

Nice stadium, gotta say Chapman upped the game. Should we deem it the Panthedral?
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

D O.C.

Lipstick on a stadium.
Fans are still 50 yards from the action.
No end zone views.
No field views.
Captive audience.
You like night games?