FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNU85

Quote from: Swish3 on November 25, 2014, 02:20:49 PM
Does Widener have a chance this Saturday, bman? :)

I know you're a MAC guy, but do you know what happened to the regular Rowan posters from the glory days?

Oh yeah...I met some one or two of those guys.... T something or another?????? I can't remember that far back....Too many communions with Stone Station guys from Bridgewater!

gordonmann

Yeah, might've been Tom Wilson. He ran a Rowan football focused website for a while and did some writing for us. It's been years since I've heard from him.

bman

Swish

Of course CNU has a chance...
I can't say I've seen CNU play this year, so have no comparatives, but at this point, with 16 teams left ( 12 of which are of comparable ability)...anything can happen.

I did trade e-mails with Tom prior to the season.  If the stars aligned, we were going to get together for the WU-Rowan game...they didn't for me...
Tom is doing well, focusing on family.  He does pop into the boards now and then, but hasn't posted....he's an all around good guy, and makes a heck of a jumbalaya :)
I saw DrXGSC a couple of years ago as well.  He can be found during the bigger games of the season at the Brown and Gold club tailgate.  He was as salty as ever, last we spoke...

I plan on attending the game, so if you plan on coming up, let me know...

Pat Coleman

Quote from: gordonmann on November 25, 2014, 04:57:19 PM
Yeah, might've been Tom Wilson. He ran a Rowan football focused website for a while and did some writing for us. It's been years since I've heard from him.

JT imploded as a result of the politics boards and was let go from the board.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

CNU85

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 25, 2014, 10:16:28 PM
Quote from: gordonmann on November 25, 2014, 04:57:19 PM

JT imploded as a result of the politics boards and was let go from the board.

That was it JT...and I remember Tom Wilson, too. It is going to be fun next year to be on the NJAC board and more focused on the East Region!

gordonmann

bman

Yes
JT was Tom's board name.  I didn't realize though that Politics got him...

wesleydad

Happy Thanksgiving to the MAC fans.  Widener has another game this week that they look like the favorite in, but if they play like they did last week they will be in for a tussle.  CNU Qb Morrast is pretty good, a bigger version of Wilmer.  He will run the ball more so that will be key for Widener to control.  Their defense is suspect so Widener should be able to score.  I expect a good game and will be in attendance, 10 min drive for a competitive game vs. 1 hour drive for a likely blowout.  bman, I will be in Wesley gear and always sit on the Widener side, stands are too small on the visitor side.  Hopefully we can meet up.

CNU09

Question to the Widener fans, what's the deal with tailgating on campus before the game? Thanks!

bman

CNU09

Safe Travels!

Attached is a link to a campus map.  The lots on 17th street (next to and across from Kirkbride hall always have been tailgate spots.  As long as you have beverages in cups, no one would hassle you.  If you can get there early enough, the lots by Swartz Athletic Center are much closer, but you may need to contact the school to see if they are still permit based.
Also, there is a small pub (Maggie Mays) next to the baseball field (on the map), which has former players etc. "Tailgaiting"...eggs and kegs :).

I will caution....do NOT stray off campus...and if you find yourself lost or on the river side of 95 (except when you get off the exit)...do not tarry or stop to get directions...There have been issues (read that to mean crime)...
no sense in putting yourself in any risk....

http://www.widenerpride.com/documents/2008/8/4/visitingteamsguide.pdf

bman

Quote from: wesleydad on November 27, 2014, 08:56:17 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to the MAC fans.  Widener has another game this week that they look like the favorite in, but if they play like they did last week they will be in for a tussle.  CNU Qb Morrast is pretty good, a bigger version of Wilmer.  He will run the ball more so that will be key for Widener to control.  Their defense is suspect so Widener should be able to score.  I expect a good game and will be in attendance, 10 min drive for a competitive game vs. 1 hour drive for a likely blowout.  bman, I will be in Wesley gear and always sit on the Widener side, stands are too small on the visitor side.  Hopefully we can meet up.

Wesleydad

I will be there.  I'm going to stop off at the little campus pub, (Maggy Mays) prior to the game as some of my alumni friends/players will be there...
I will wear my Nebraska hat (trust me it will be the only one there).  Call out if you see me, and Ill do likewise.  I like to stand by the endzone, but will gladly sit in the stands...

wesleydad

Quote from: bman on November 28, 2014, 10:22:24 AM

Wesleydad

I will be there.  I'm going to stop off at the little campus pub, (Maggy Mays) prior to the game as some of my alumni friends/players will be there...
I will wear my Nebraska hat (trust me it will be the only one there).  Call out if you see me, and Ill do likewise.  I like to stand by the endzone, but will gladly sit in the stands...

bman, what time will you be at the pub?  how do you get to it from the campus area?  I am flying solo so I may be able to hit the pub.  kegs and eggs is not a problem with me.  I know where it is since I have seen it off of Chester Pike, just never knew how to get to it.  If not I will see you at the game.  Do you stand by the canon side or the scoreboard side?

bman

Quote from: wesleydad on November 28, 2014, 12:34:59 PM
Quote from: bman on November 28, 2014, 10:22:24 AM

Wesleydad

bman, what time will you be at the pub?  how do you get to it from the campus area?  I am flying solo so I may be able to hit the pub.  kegs and eggs is not a problem with me.  I know where it is since I have seen it off of Chester Pike, just never knew how to get to it.  If not I will see you at the game.  Do you stand by the canon side or the scoreboard side?

I have 1 errand to run in Glen Mills, which I'll do in the morning.  I should be there between 10 and 10:30...
If you park at the lot at 14th and Melrose, you can walk down 14th street toward the ball field...it will bring you right there.
I haven't been in that pub since graduation...:)
I usually stand on the cannon side, but since I know that some of my alum friends will be there, we'll most likely end up in the home stands (if I don't see you prior), I'll look out for you as well.

CNU85

Couldn't make the trip up. Too much going on around here. I'm hoping for a better game than the last time we played in 2001. I remember listening to that game on radio. CNU's first year of having football and made the playoffs....and rudely welcomed to a higher level of football. I'm planning on listening to the CNU broadcast. Maybe catch the video if they are closely synched.

wesleydad

Cloudy and chilly in the Widener area this morning.  Forecast is for much of the same all day.  High 30's with light winds.  Good weather for a football game albeit a little chilly for the fans.  I think this game ends up being pretty close because I think Morrast is going to have a monster game and keep his team in it.  Widener was a bit sloppy last week and also against Del Val.  They can not do that again and expect to win.  Looking forward to watching this game live.