MBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by sidelines, May 02, 2005, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klompen

Thanks, I hope so too, but things did not turn around today.  Today they decided to live or die by getting the ball inside only.  Is there something wrong with mixing things up?  It is the football equivalent of only passing every play or only running every play.  Either way, it makes things better for the other team. 

Grandview was beatable, but we didn't play like we did at the start of the season.  I don't know why we hit a slump, but we have and I hope we find a way out of it for the conference season.  I thought this team had what it took to run through the conference and do well in the playoffs, showing last year wasn't a fluke, but they have lost their momentum and need to figure out how to get it back.

Klompen

What's with the UD live stream, DD?  I keep getting kicked out and every time I finally get it back UD has scored 6 pts on the Dutch.  Do you have a lucky snow blower?   :D

doolittledog

Yeah, it was doing that for the womens game, so I turned it off.  When I checked in early on the mens game it was 6-0 to the Dutch, so I turned it off again. 

I'm not getting any audio here, so not really sure what is going on their end. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Klompen

I am hoping Central settles into a nice and successful steady game the second half.  It was on then off the first half.

Klompen

Central needs to do a better job of protecting the basketball, way too many turnovers.  It would also help if one player didn't have to be responsible for half the scoring.  Good job by Taylor, but Eckermann needs to step up, as do the other starters.

Klompen

Turnovers are killing the Dutch right now.  Cold shooting the last few minutes is not helping either.  The problem with one person scoring half the points is they know who to pressure.  Too bad they figured it out.   :(

Klompen

Looks like the Dutch turned as icy as UD started out.  It will make for a long ride home, a cold streak, missed free throws and turnovers were killers.  But congratulations to Colby Taylor on a great night.  Not sure what happened to the Dutch confidence that they had when nobody expected anything of them.  Makes me wonder if they might be playing better had they lost to Augustana.  This is a good Dutch team, but they don't seem to be able to handle the expectations/pressure winning that game put on them.  Still wish Markham would get some varsity time.  Not sure what happened there, seemed like he was a contributor last year and he sure had a breakout season in football. 

doolittledog

To be fair to Central, it's hard to start conference play on the road, and this is a talented Dubuque team.  I consider them the favorite, though they weren't voted that way by the coaches  ;)
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

I'd like to see a replay of the dunk near the end by Andre Norris.  That would have made the old guard at UD of Dave Crawford, and Damon Rogers and all the others stand up and cheer.  That was a monster!

doolittledog

With 31 points in last nights victory @ Luther.  Jr Andre Norris becomes the 23rd member of the 1,000 point club at UD.  Last year, seniors Mitch Michaelis and Chris Frazier had become the 21st and 22nd members of the 1,000 point club. 

doolittledog

Coming down the home stretch with 5 games left on the schedule.

Buena Vista  8-1 15-5
Coe  7-2 13-7
Dubuque  6-3 16-4
Wartburg  5-4 12-8
Central  3-6 10-10
Loras  3-6 8-12
Luther  3-6 7-13
Simpson  1-8 6-14

Games this weekend...

Simpson @ Central   
Coe @ Dubuque     
Loras @ Wartburg     
Buena Vista @ Luther 

Alfredeneumann

Wartburg beat Coe 86-70 Wednesday. Total TEAM effort by the Knights.

Coe made 8-16 3's in first half and were down 9. Coe cut lead to 3 with less about 4 min to go, Wartburg made 14 straight free throws in last 2:00 seal it. 23-24 ft for the game.

Box Score
http://www.go-knights.net/custompages/201415MBBStats/24coem.htm
Aaron Kampman on Coach Ed Thomas
I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

doolittledog

BVU beats Wartburg
Dubuque wins @ Simpson
Central wins @ Coe
Loras beats Luther

3 games left in the regular season...

BVU 9-2 16-6
DBQ 8-3 18-4
Coe 7-4 13-9
Warts 6-5 13-9
Central 5-6 12-10
Loras 4-7 9-13
Luther 4-7 9-13
Simpson 1-10 6-16

Remaining games...

Central @ Luther
Dubuque @ Wartburg
Simpson @ BVU
Coe @ Loras

Coe @ Simpson
BVU @ Dubuque
Loras @ Central
Wartburg @ Luther

Luther @ Dubuque
Loras @ Simpson
BVU @ Coe
Wartburg @ Central

doolittledog

1 week left in the regular season. 

Standings...

BVU 10-2 17-6
DBQ 9-3 19-4
Coe 8-4 14-9
Central 6-6 13-10
Wartburg 6-6 13-10
Loras 4-8 9-14
Luther 4-8 8-15
Simpson 1-11 6-17

Remaining games

BVU @ Dubuque
Loras @ Central
Coe @ Simpson
Wartburg @ Luther

Loras @ Simpson
Luther @ Dubuque
Wartburg @ Central
BVU @ Coe