FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@d3jason

Quote from: MANDGSU on August 12, 2019, 11:58:34 AM
Does Misericordia have 10 games this year?

Yes, Keystone isn't listed on the d3 team page for 9/14 but it is on their website.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: @d3jason on August 12, 2019, 12:34:31 PM
Quote from: MANDGSU on August 12, 2019, 11:58:34 AM
Does Misericordia have 10 games this year?

Yes, Keystone isn't listed on the d3 team page for 9/14 but it is on their website.

Is this more of a scrimmage, I don't see anything on Keystone website, they are DIII, right?

Pat Coleman

Keystone is new to D-III football, playing a varsity football schedule in 2020. Not sure what their status is for this year but they are on a couple of schools' schedule as regular season games and another as a scrimmage.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

lefty2

Always good to have an appearance from @d3Jason.

Keystone is playing a limited varsity schedule this season.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

Pat Coleman

If they don't meet the minimum number of contests against four-year, varsity programs, does the contest count on Miseri's W-L record?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

lefty2

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 12, 2019, 07:58:26 PM
If they don't meet the minimum number of contests against four-year, varsity programs, does the contest count on Miseri's W-L record?

Yes, as far as I know.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

@d3jason

Quote from: lefty2 on August 12, 2019, 07:28:11 PM
Always good to have an appearance from @d3Jason.

Keystone is playing a limited varsity schedule this season.

Thank you. I am ready for some football games!

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: lefty2 on August 12, 2019, 08:43:46 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 12, 2019, 07:58:26 PM

Yes, as far as I know.

I was actually hoping Salisbury could get a game switched from the Central International College to Misericordia...Nevertheless, good for Keystone.

RowanPhan

How is Widener shaping up this year?
Go Rowan!

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: RowanPhan on August 13, 2019, 07:06:00 PM
How is Widener shaping up this year?

Widener was pretty young last year and brings back a lot. Should be a good year for the Pride.

PBR...

Greetings ....

Does PBR need to tell you all once again who will run away with thy MAC Title? Of course not, once again DVU beat all comers like a rented mule! Heed thy warning and rejoice in another DVU title. As the Aggies hoist another trophy with DVU in its rightful spot atop the MAC.

Peace Out.... PBR  8-)

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: PBR... on September 04, 2019, 04:46:55 PM
Greetings ....

Does PBR need to tell you all once again who will run away with thy MAC Title? Of course not, once again DVU beat all comers like a rented mule! Heed thy warning and rejoice in another DVU title. As the Aggies hoist another trophy with DVU in its rightful spot atop the MAC.

Peace Out.... PBR  8-)

If the Aggies can overcome the loss of their four year starter at QB (Darden), their top three receivers (all at least 6'4".......Ellis, Graham and Stewart), three of their five offensive linemen and their all conference fullback/hback...........and win the MAC yet again...............their head coach should be put up for Sainthood!!I think they struggle mightily to move the ball in game #2 against a loaded Wesley defense. And when they do, DelVal also loses their four year punter, All-American Steven Adams (was in a NFL rookie camp, and got CFL looks) who was an amazing weapon at the D3 level. Wesley and other teams know first hand what it is like to be subpar at kicker and/or punter.

DelVal brings a lot back on defense and will probably have to win some low scoring games. Stevenson, Lycoming and Widener were solid last year and bring many more players back than the Aggies.

I guess that's why they play the games. I'm not saying they won't win it, but I don't see the cakewalk that you do. In fact, the trash talking (through social media) has already begun from the teams listed above.....................as well as from Wilkes of all teams. The clown head coach of Lycoming is also disparaging the Aggies, in some not-too-kind ways I might add (one of my best buddies has a son who is a junior at Lyco and is not a huge fan of the HC, but loves his teammates). Don't poke the bear.................or the Nobile's might break you in half ;)

tweisman5

2019 MAC FOOTBALL SEASON PREDICTION

Tier I (Championship Contenders)
1. Del Val
2. Stevenson

Tier II (Dark Horse)
3. Widener
4. King's
5. Misericordia

Tier III (Early Season Contender)
6. Lycoming

Tier IV (Middle of the Pack)
7. Wilkes
8. FDU
9. Leb Val
10. Albright

Tier V (Bottom Feeder)
11. Alvernia

Welcome to the 2019 MAC football season! This season is shaping up to have several storylines worth following as the season unfolds. i believe the chase for the conference championship will be a two-team race between common contenders Del Val and Stevenson. Both teams have the talent and experience of contending for the title that will be crucial as the season enters the late October stretch. Misericordia was a surprise last season and I wouldn't be surprised to hear some noise from them again as well, but this season will be a test to see how they response to getting a taste of the title chase! I'm curious to see how Widener responses after last season as they usually are in the chase for the title with comparable talent to the top of the conference. The rest of the conference will be fun to watch as they jockey for positioning in the middle of the pack. I think Alvernia has the chance to continue to progress and potentially move out of the bottom feeder tier they sat in last season.

I'm hopeful for my Mustangs to win the championship this season, but Del Val looks really talented again this year and the game between them both is played at Del Val. If Stevenson can break in their transfer QB (Prev. Frostbrug St.) before the matchup against Del Val, they could have the inside track to winning the conference. The talent is there they just have to capitalize!

Go Mustangs!
Go Mustangs!

tweisman5

Below are my week 1 predictions and rankings. The spread (-#) is provided by Massey Ratings and the top 25 rankings are from the Hansen Ratings composite. Good luck to everyone this week!

Week 1 Predictions

Salisbury (-28.5) @ Albright: Salisbury wins by 27

Stevenson (-27.5) @ Curry: Stevenson wins by 27

Del Val (-24.5) @ Kean: Del Val wins by 24

Alvernia @ Gallaudet (-2.5): Alvernia wins by 3

FDU @ Merchant Marine (-10.5): Merchant Marine wins by 7

Misericordia @ McDaniel (-14.5): Misericordia wins by 3

Lycoming @ Susquehanna (-21.5): Susquehanna wins by 24

Franklin @ Marshall (-29.5) @ Leb Val: Franklin @ Marshall wins by 31

Wilkes (-5.5) @ Hartwick: Wilkes wins by 3

Moravian (-17.5) @ King's: Moravian wins by 7

Widener @ Rowan (-3.5): Rowan wins by 3

Week 1 Rankings
1. Del Val (0-0, 0-0)
2. Stevenson (0-0, 0-0)
3. Widener (0-0, 0-0)
4. King's (0-0, 0-0)
5. Misericordia (0-0, 0-0)
6. Lycoming (0-0, 0-0)
7. Wilkes (0-0, 0-0)
8. FDU (0-0, 0-0)
9. Leb Val (0-0, 0-0) 
10. Albright (0-0, 0-0)
11. Alvernia (0-0, 0-0)

Prediction Record
Last Season: 50-18 (.735)
Career: 93-36 (.721)
Go Mustangs!

MRMIKESMITH

Good game by Albright with keeping the fight. You guys have a tremendous receiver and a good 2nd receiver who made some good diving catches. Good luck the rest of the season. Definitely good enough to get some wins in the column this year.