D3 guarantee games

Started by CSC Spartan, July 23, 2010, 03:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSC Spartan

I guess D3 is small market in sports buisnesss.

How much is standard pay for opponent team??

Just Bill

For an ordinary D-III vs. D-III non-conference game?  Zero.

The only times you find guarantees are for some tournaments, or if a D-III team is playing at a D-II or D-I program.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

BoBo

Quote from: Just Bill on July 23, 2010, 09:22:17 AM
For an ordinary D-III vs. D-III non-conference game?  Zero.

The only times you find guarantees are for some tournaments, or if a D-III team is playing at a D-II or D-I program.

The following post came off the games wanted board - note financial guarantee offered for an ordinary (i.e. single game) - Just Bill, it does happen from time to time, not often, but it does happen!!  ;)

QuoteAdrian College is looking for a single game in the 2010-11 season, the possible dates are Nov. 15th, 16th, or 17th.  We would be open to a 2 year home and away agreement or one home game for which we would offer a financial guarantee.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I imagine a team that sells tickets and is able to sell a lot of them could offer some guarantee.  There's just not too many schools who make enough on tickets to give money to the opponents.

I've been to a few games and I can count on one hand the number of times I've even had to pay admission for a non-playoff game.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

John Gleich

Quote from: Hoops Fan on July 27, 2010, 10:41:52 AM

I imagine a team that sells tickets and is able to sell a lot of them could offer some guarantee.  There's just not too many schools who make enough on tickets to give money to the opponents.

I've been to a few games and I can count on one hand the number of times I've even had to pay admission for a non-playoff game.

Or a tournament (or other similar situation) where a sponsor would be paying an amount such that a guarantee could be paid.
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Pat Coleman

Quote from: PointSpecial on July 27, 2010, 08:47:42 PM
Quote from: Hoops Fan on July 27, 2010, 10:41:52 AM

Or a tournament (or other similar situation) where a sponsor would be paying an amount such that a guarantee could be paid.

I could see a couple hundred bucks being given for a one-game regular-season series with no return, but not much more.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.