FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcreds

AuEagle...Sorry it took so long to respond. I have been keeping a low profile. I don't want to disrupt whatever the OWU's coaching staff is trying to do but I still read the board everyday. I was impressed Saturday and I'm like everyone else on here, I believe OWU has a chance.
Jr. is homesick and he didn't realize that there will be very few times that he can come home during the football season. I thought initially I might be able to give OWU fans I little bit of an insight to this years team but like I stated before it will be in the team's best interest if I keep a low profile.  GO BISHOPS! :-X

Pat Coleman...Good job with the site! I had to reregister. 8)

Wabash fans...Another reason to say it is a small world, I believe while on vacation we ran into the lineman from CA you were talking about. Jr. was wearing his OWU shirt at Universal Studios City Walk and a huge and very nice guy at a sports store asked Jr. if he was going to OWU. The guy said he was going to, I believe, Wabash to play football. 8)

scotty

nice article in the Wooster paper on Monday about the holes to fill...anybody have the link?...looks like a solid freshman class of 32...
Boo Creepy Foot Doctor, Hooray Beer.

ScotsFan

scotty,

I had posted the link yesterday, but it was lost due to the changing of the Post Paterns forum.

One glaring thing that stood out to me in the article was the fact that Joe Kearney's replacement might be a freshman.  Either the kid is really good, or the Scots are really hurting at the defensive tackle position. 

GO SCOTS!!!

oldscot73

Nice to see people care to upgrade the site thanks Pat and Co.

scotty

scotsfan, met the young man and he is really good...dont think will be hurting there...

ScotsFan

evacuee

Krock,

6'4" and 300 lbs with no scholarship?  I would have to assume he as athletic as a tree stump.

nike

An article in the Delaware Gazette says OWU has their largest freshman class ever out for football. Any impact players? And who will take Sutton's place at Wooster? Is the transfer running back pretty good?

seinfeld

I'm kind of puzzled how Ohio Wesleyan have so many freshman. They are 15-15 the last three seasons, were 4-6 in 2003, and not to be forgotten about last year is that they only went 6-4 and gave up a Div. III record number of rushing yards against Olivet. I just wonder what Holloway said in recruting to get these kids, especially with almost no seniors graduating, that apparently has never worked for them before, even when they were good in the 90s.

e_lee

Not sure if he counts as a freshman because he came in last winter from Univerisyt of Pennsylvania, but I think Zach Dennis can definitely make an impact in the NCAC in the near future.  I am not sure if he will be playing WR or DB.
The eyes are the groin of the head.  -- Dwight K. Schrute

scotty

exactly how many freshmen at OWU were listed...what were the totals in previous years...

wally_wabash

RE: NCAC Pick 'Em

I'll go ahead and handle all of your NCAC pick 'em needs once again this season.  Stay tuned for info in the coming days...

BashDad

Great, Wally.  You've done such a nice job even though it is lots of work!  Thanks. 

wabashpp

Nice update to old format.  Note Wabash homepage another victory in the FED EX plane pull in Indy.  Not as quick as last year, but still a victory over many other teams.  Good for the students to help raise money for good cause and visit with passing soldiers.

krock

Regarding the 6'4 300 pounder...he looks like a good 300 from his picture on the website and he came from CA.  Typically that means there was an unlikely link to Bash that got him to C-ville.  Don't get me wrong, I have no idea if he can play or not.  I made a reference to Wooster's Joe Kearney who was about the same size and from very far away (East Coast).  Ocassionally big dudes end up at D3 for a variety of reasons.  Drushal at Wooster is another example???  Didn't he have a connection or a relative was a past president at Woo?  If a kid does not get D1 money (a bit undersized, a step slow, etc.) there are a lot of reasons a kid like that may consider D3.

Elee - who is Zach Dennis?  Sorry if I missed it.  Wabash lost a good lineman last year to U. of Indy named Zach Dennis - doesn't sound like the same kid.

Seinfield - most of us have learned that QUALITY is much more important then quantity related to recruiting classes.