FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumkinattack

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 10, 2019, 12:58:41 PM
I'll jump into the 36 Chambers here long enough to add:
- It's still a tad early to try and untangle Pool C. 
- When handicapping the Pool C chances of Runner Up U., you have to consider what's going on in the other three regions as well as the potential order in which teams are going to be ranked once we get to RRs.  H2Hs like Brockport-Hobart, WPI-RPI, and Union-Hobart are going to be really important.  Making no mention of what may transpire in the NJAC or E8. 
- I think the top ranked 1-loss at-large team in the East probably gets invited.  Anybody below that is on the bubble.

LLPP and Wally Dubs ain't nothing to f with!

The general cohort of pools c contenders is probably like 5-6 deep at this stage: Wesley/sals loser, IC/Union/Hob non AQ, one MAC school and maybe WPI.  Possibly cortland if they beat IC and lose to a BPort who takes the aQ.

ITH radio

Quote from: ITH radio on October 10, 2019, 02:46:54 PM
They'd have to beat RPI this wkd, and IC on the road which has never happened. While I'm hopeful, I'm also realistic about the chances of a team with an offense averaging 14.33 PPG since Wk 3 going 2-0 over that stretch.

http://gohobart.blogspot.com/2019/10/week-6-rpi-game-preview.html

Then again, I never thought they'd go 4-0 in the OOC games, so I suppose anything is possible...
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

unionpalooza

They'd have to beat RPI this wkd, and IC on the road which has never happened. While I'm hopeful, I'm also realistic about the chances of a team with an offense averaging 14.33 PPG since Wk 3 going 2-0 over that stretch.

I for one think Hobart will expose a young RPI o-line this weekend and hand out a solid drubbing this weekend.

Machiavelli

Quote from: unionpalooza on October 10, 2019, 04:33:40 PM

I for one think Hobart will expose a young RPI o-line this weekend and hand out a solid drubbing this weekend.

This weekend or next?

pumkinattack

It's this weekend Dogg!  I'll be watching from the 9th hole of a golf course (Cuscowilla) wince we need to Tie up the kids for the holiday Monday

Machiavelli

But how are we so sure that this weekend really is this weekend?

NedM

As a relative newcomer to following the LL and Union in particular wanted to say it was a pleasure watching that game film.

My goodness: 51 years ago! Many of those young men are now in their 70's. Win or lose I hope they have fond memories of their playing days.

I wonder if many of the participants even know of this films existance?

Ned

pumkinattack

Quote from: Machiavelli on October 10, 2019, 06:37:55 PM
But how are we so sure that this weekend really is this weekend?

Ate some chili and a coyote told me

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H3CyMWS7YXA

Oline89

I just looked at the Centennial Conference.  If JHU beats Muhlenberg, there could be 3 9-1 teams in the CC.  I don't know who get's the Pool A bid, JHU, Susq or Muhl and then the debate would be who gets  a Pool C look.  I would assume that the Mules OOC win against TCNJ could not be valued too highly, and Susquehanna's win against Lycoming would have to be looked at the same.  I hope a 9-1 LL team (IC win over Cortland or Hobart win over Brockport) would get the nod. 

Bartman

Frankly, this write up is just a summary of a bunch of statistics of RPI whose schedule has been pretty weak recently( "on a roll" after wins over Ave Maria and the Yellowjackets...hmmm....)...I don't know how you figure these stats against this RPI schedule is a 10 point advantage for RPI. Hobart is going to be a bunch of hungry mad dogs (not Lewdoggs) after the loss to Union facing a very young RPI Oline...I think the Bart defense gets a few timely INTs, a few sacks and enough TFLs to rattle the inexperienced line , and Maryoctopus(spelling?) will be scrambling quite a bit.  Of course, Hobart will have to score , so they need to clean up the run game and the QB performance(otherwise we are fine ;)) and start strong like we did against Montclair on the first 2 drives but get TDs instead of FGs. Anyone scoring over 14 points wins this game, and I still think Hobart 17 RPI 14 is about right.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

pumkinattack

We scored 7 last week and 16 against montclair.  I tend to think we should be ok but we are really banged up and thin at spots and so I think it's fair to say they need to prove it on the field.

I'm looking for Krewson to have a game like strangs entry into 2010 against union, before he got Mono and lost the rest of the season so we had to ski w Vella.

Bombers798891

BTW, maybe this is the sport snob in me, but I really wish conferences would actually publish the tiebreak scenarios that most people don't already know.

With rare exceptions, I think it's pretty common that the H2H breaks a two-way tie between teams. Publishing the three-way scenarios—which actually have variation—would be much more useful to fans.

Ice Bear

Ice says Hobart 21 - Troylet Polytechnic Institute 17
A long time fan of DIII Football!

UfanBill

Quote from: NedM on October 10, 2019, 06:39:11 PM
As a relative newcomer to following the LL and Union in particular wanted to say it was a pleasure watching that game film.

My goodness: 51 years ago! Many of those young men are now in their 70's. Win or lose I hope they have fond memories of their playing days.

I wonder if many of the participants even know of this films existance?

Ned
I knew ALL the players on that 1968 team since I practiced against them and I know the films existence was known.

The films...yes there are at least three were posted a few years ago by Thomas Oberst, a DT on the 1968 Union team, #70 in the films, and shot by his father. The text that accompanies the Alfred film explains most of it. Here are the three films: Union/Alfred https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5sPadq_T0M
Union/ Kings Point https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrCmmR4IaFdZ1UAqB4PxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=youtube+union+kings+point+1968+1968&fr=yhs-omr-001&hspart=omr&hsimp=yhs-001#id=1&vid=96af401c268c7fcf2819531426ef13ae&action=view
and Union/Williams www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Y4F3XbyOs

As I explained in an earlier post, I was a freshman football player in 1968 at Union and was on the sideline (not in uniform, freshmen couldn't play varsity ball back then)and  I was on the chain gang for one.  :o   Union finished 7-1 that year losing the Kings point game 19-14.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

UfanBill

In watching the 1968 Union/Williams footage there's a Bob Ridings sighting. The original Union Dutchman appears in all his regalia briefly at the 3:58 mark !!! No cannon  ::)
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳