BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

The OAC does get all three in.  BW and Berg are the 2 seeds in their regionals; Ott is the 3 seed in theirs.  The Wooster (Ott) and Adrian (Berg) regionals meet in the super regional effectively making those two 4 team regionals the de facto Mideast regional under the old system.  BW got shipped to the Concordia-Chi regional.  With all of our teams in different spots we're free to root for everyone.  Go carry that flag boys!

p.s. BW and Berg were both in the top 35 in SOS.  Wooster and Case were top 6.  Only one of them won 30 games.  All of them got in.  Glad to see challenging schedules rewarded.

Dr. Acula

Nice job by the OAC.  Keohane is Mideast Player of the Yr. and Cody is Pitcher of the Yr.  Psychas and Mary joined them on 1st team.  Fitzgerald was named COY.

Dr. Acula

Congrats to BW's Danny Cody on being the first D3 player drafted this year (17th round).  Good luck to the young man!

Dr. Acula

So JCU let's Thibeault go and makes his top assistant, Ryan Nordquist, the interim HC.  Now Nordquist tweets that he has accepted an asst. job back at BW.  Certainly some moving pieces in UH right now.  The JCU website still shows Nordquist as interim HC.  I hope they make the permanent hire soon because now is when these coaches are out on the road watching recruits.  Every week that goes by is hurting their recruiting.

Dr. Acula

Some cool news out of Alliance.  Mount is currently installing a turf infield.  It looks like the end product will be very similar to what Wooster did.  This is phase 1 of the field upgrades.  The next phase will include OF turf, new home dugout/pressbox and new grandstands.   

Bishopleftiesdad

Dr. Acula

Wow.  The renovations at Schaly are not too shabby.  With the new turf, wall and the already existing seating and lights they've definitely solidified their crown as the best facility in the the OAC.  Etta field upgrades

Bishopleftiesdad

On another forum, there was a discussion about facilities at d3, and what was the gold standard. Schaly was one of the field/stadiums mentioned. Wont be many rain outs there in the future.

Dr. Acula

I would say Schaly is the best facility in the ME region easily.  Adrian would be the clear #2.  There are others that are nice, but those two have everything.  If you want to see a random D3 school with great facilities check out the University of Scranton.

Dr. Acula

Some surprising(?) beginnings in the OAC thus far.  Leading that list is Berg (preseason #5) coming out 1-3 with losses to Anderson and Franklin.  Franklin coming off a 16-5 loss to Cap no less.

Etta is out to a 3-0 start.  It raised an eyebrow seeing they just beat Cortland 10-1, but then I saw that Cortland was 4-5 so far so perhaps not their normal selves.

Mount opened their season with a 10-1 win at #20 W&J today in the first half of a DH.  Getting ready to start game 2 so hoping for a sweep.

Dr. Acula

After dropping the second game at W&J and leaving town with a very respectable split to open the season Mount had a far less palatable split to open their FL trip yesterday.  They dropped the opener 6-3 to a Waynesburg squad that came into the game at 1-7.  Bounced back and won the second game 18-5 once they realized they had just lost to a 1-7 team I'm guessing.

And congratulations to freshman Dylan Eaton who picked up his first collegiate win in his first start.  He surrendered a lone unearned run against Waynesburg.  I assumed Davis would be the #1 but beyond that was unclear.  It certainly looks like a youth movement though as Eaton started behind Davis and the DH at W&J both starters were sophomores with Gallant shining there (5 IP, 1 R, 9 K).

Bishopleftiesdad

Probably posted elsewhere. However being a baseball fan I will post here.
Capital is changing their mascot. What do you all think.
https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/capital-university-to-retire-crusader-nickname-mascot

Gray Fox

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on July 14, 2020, 12:10:54 PM
Probably posted elsewhere. However being a baseball fan I will post here.
Capital is changing their mascot. What do you all think.
https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/capital-university-to-retire-crusader-nickname-mascot
Interesting.  I wonder what the folks at Mary Hardin Baylor would think of this.
My rival HS in Burbank, CA wants to change their nickname from Indians.  The students are the ones initiating the move.
Fierce When Roused

Dr. Acula

I'm going to miss following the teams in FL during their spring trip.  I'm going to miss the OOC games with the NCAC schools.  But purely from a fan's perspective the OAC baseball season is going to be awesome because it's going to be Thunderdome.  36 OAC games?!  Home and away DH Saturday and Sunday?  This conference beats up on itself in 18 games and now we get 36!