BB: Regionals (South) Danville '08, Salisbury '09, Methodist '10, Rhodes '11

Started by A.G., May 10, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narch

Quote from: narch on May 12, 2008, 02:42:47 PMhere are my predictions in this region...
salisbury, cnu, lynchburg win games 1, 2 &3

hopkins will beat rmc in game 4, salisbury will beat piedmont in game 5 and lynchburg will beat cnu in game 6

game 7 will be ssu over lc, game 8 will see cnu eliminated by jhu, game 9 will see hopkins eliminate their second team of the day as they beat the hornets and game 10 will crown salisbury champions

or i could be wrong :)
3 for 3 so far...

A.G.

Don't throw a shoulder out patting yourself on the back, Narch  ;D

Great game by Devlin and the LC defense.  I think there were 4-5 innings where Piedmont got the leadoff hitter on base only to have Devlin pitch out of it or LC turn a DP.  Cruise and Litz with jacks put the game out of reach in the 8th.

narch

Quote from: A.G. on May 14, 2008, 11:27:38 PM
Don't throw a shoulder out patting yourself on the back, Narch  ;D
it's a little sore...i'm going to see a trainer this morning...hopefully i didn't tear the rotator cuff :)

narch

macon is making it interesting!

Falcon2720

Hopkins over Macon.

Looks like Narch is 4-4.

Jacketlawyer

Quote from: Falcon2720 on May 15, 2008, 02:33:06 PM
Hopkins over Macon.

Looks like Narch is 4-4.

Aaaggh.  Guess this ends it for us.  But what a great year for a young team.  Good luck to LC.
" and do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends." -The Taming of the Shrew

A.G.

Piedmont over Salisbury 10 to 6!  Narch falls to 4 and 1

A.G.

LC and CNU in rain delay mode with field being tarped.

A.G.

10 PM TENTATIVE start time...But radar not looking good.

A.G.

narch

whoever wins the lc/cnu game will really be sitting pretty with everyone else playing for an elimination game from here forward...i'll take a 4-1 record to get my boys down at pc a win...peeps, rudy and scali will always be monarchs, to me

LCasid

Looks like the winner of the South Region is going to have to go through the Hornets. Barring a 10-run or more ninth inning for CNU, LC will be the only team remaining without a loss.

A.G.

Fine ball game by LC in all aspects.  Nichols kept CNU off balance and the Hornets were solid in the field.  For those who were there, though, the undoubted HIGHLIGHT of the evening/morning was the rain delay entertainment.  Youtube video you just have to see forthcoming.

Rain delay fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXS7m8seJ0g

WHEELIN WES

That was good entertainment. Such as that is another reason baseball is such a great game. ;D

vabaseball

Thanks for posting the video!  Definitely the highlight for the CNU fans.....

Got a kick out of the entertainment.