FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raiderguy

Quote from: LadyBear on July 26, 2015, 12:06:58 PM
Any information about Ricardo Johnson III?

My entire family attended ONU, my Dad and brothers all played football and while basketball is my personal interest, my brother told me about "RJ3", I googled him this morning and his media trail is pretty impressive for a guy committed to my wonderful little ONU.  ;D I found a cool ESPN video about him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM9ptp5pQUw

Any more news on him and why his video's show him playing at St. Thomas University in MN? I am a newbie, but I Love this forum!
I believe you are seeing him play in high school games in  Minnesota. He played for Cretin Durham
Hall high school. I am guessing they use St Thomas's  field for home games or maybe playoff games in the state.
And never, never, ever forget St Thomas SUCKS!
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!

LadyBear

I looked it up and you are correct! I have to admit if my Father or Brothers knew I was even communicating with a "Raider"  I might be disowned after all of their heart breaking losses to your squads. Now with this new QB, RJ3 who knows?!! ;D Thank you!
Go Lady Polar Bears! Beat Mount Union!!

raiderguy

Quote from: LadyBear on July 26, 2015, 10:29:37 PM
I looked it up and you are correct! I have to admit if my Father or Brothers knew I was even communicating with a "Raider"  I might be disowned after all of their heart breaking losses to your squads. Now with this new QB, RJ3 who knows?!! ;D Thank you!

Welcome aboard Lady Bear! Does this mean your father/brothers/ you don't talk with your head coach? After all he is a RAIDER too! ;D Sounds like this kid is the real deal. I look forward to having ONU back in the mix in the Ohio Conference. I know coach Paul and he is a top notch guy. Hope to chat again soon.
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!

LadyBear

All jokes aside MU has been the class of the conference for decades. Coach Paul is one of the kindness and classiest individuals I have met. ONU has a history of recruiting good kids, but average to above average players. My understanding is that once this Johnson kid committed, he immediately began assisting the team with recruiting. He seems to be well traveled, talented etc. but I am just excited that there's now going to be a fighting chance against the evil empire.  :) Love this board, mentioned to my family that they should join too, since ONU football is all they're discussing lately!

Raider 68

LadyBear,

Welcome to the OAC Board. Sounds as though ONU will have a strong year this year. Coach Paul is very well respected on
this board and some top talent for ONU will make them a contender again! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

reality check

Welcome aboard LadyBear.  It's always nice to find another color besides purple lurking in here.  No offense, purple guys.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

LadyBear

Thank you all for all the welcomes. I had to mention to my husband, ONU grad, all about this board and he too launches into this RJ3 talk. I wanted to caution that he is still a young player and I don't want too much pressure on this kid. The hopes of Orange Nation may be a bit too much for his young shoulders, but my family believes with so many Sr.'s graduating this year and that RJ3 played successfully in a tough California JUCO league, that the future may be now. Has anyone heard how D. Price's ACL rehab is going? Is it true that Johnson is on campus right now?

Desertraider

Ok fellow Raiders - I need some help (with gear...). I have a black Raiders visor and I love it - but it is showing its age and is quite faded. I need a new visor - want one in Purple (and it can't be Nike - long story). Mount's bookstore has informed me they have ordered visors.....from Nike. Internet shows me the same 3 or 4 hats but no visors. Suggestions?? I know it doesn't seem like a real issue - but it is. Want to start the year with new gear, that has not been tainted by having been worn for a losing game to UWW. Thanks all and Roll Raiders!

BTW: even ONU, OTT and other OAC'ers can feel free to provide suggestions to. After all - you have seen your fair share of Raiders gear filling up your stadiums for YEARS!  ;D
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

Raider 68

Quote from: desertraider on August 01, 2015, 12:26:41 AM
Ok fellow Raiders - I need some help (with gear...). I have a black Raiders visor and I love it - but it is showing its age and is quite faded. I need a new visor - want one in Purple (and it can't be Nike - long story). Mount's bookstore has informed me they have ordered visors.....from Nike. Internet shows me the same 3 or 4 hats but no visors. Suggestions?? I know it doesn't seem like a real issue - but it is. Want to start the year with new gear, that has not been tainted by having been worn for a losing game to UWW. Thanks all and Roll Raiders!

BTW: even ONU, OTT and other OAC'ers can feel free to provide suggestions to. After all - you have seen your fair share of Raiders gear filling up your stadiums for YEARS!  ;D

desertraider,

Stay away from the white visors with purple logo. The logo bleeds if you get it wet. :(
13 time Division III National Champions

Dr. Acula

Quote from: desertraider on August 01, 2015, 12:26:41 AM

They mix in a lot of Under Armour stuff too.  I have 3 Mount Under Armour hats.  I'd keep my fingers crossed that they order some visors.  The bookstore is really hit or miss with gear from year to year.  Some years I've spent several hundred dollars.  Others (like the last 2) I've spent nothing.  I wish they'd bring back that fundraiser where you could order the gear online with the block "Raiders" on almost anything.

pradierguy

desertraider - I'll be by the bookstore in the next week or so I'll check it out. Also, the Alliance Walmart sells some Mount gear, I can check there for you too. I can post pics or whatever before I pick anything up.

reality check

I have no suggestions.  I just want to hear the "no Nike" story.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

Desertraider

Quote from: reality check on August 01, 2015, 11:56:27 PM
I have no suggestions.  I just want to hear the "no Nike" story.

Long story - short version. I saw a factory where Nike shoes were being made. Deplorable. One of the worst things I have seen, and I have seen a lot. A number of companies are similar but I try to stay with those that don't have as bad of a record in third world nations. Even before seeing that I stayed away from Nike because of poor quality (primarily shoes).

Appreicate the help with the visor. I have been to the alliance wal-mart and found a few things in the last year or two (would probably find more if they cleaned it now and then). But living in westlake, I don't get there much anymore. I agree on the bookstore. I got a great Gear black zip up jacket last year - but the past few years have been poor hunting.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

LadyBear

Walt

Media day is tomorrow. Does anyone know if there will be online coverage of media day?