MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: robertgoulet on May 22, 2013, 04:49:55 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 22, 2013, 04:17:56 PM
Hopefully Ethernet is on that list as well.

No, but you'll be free to use the dial-up modem to log-in to your Netscape account.

Hard to stream video that way. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

iwu70

Bascially agree with Q on the prospects for the 5 at IWU for next season.  Anderson surely has the most experience, minutes played etc.  But, he's not anywhere near Kevin Reed on passing and court sense.   If Musselman would really commit, get in better shape, and develop more post moves, I'm pretty sure he could give both Anderson and Marietti a real run for their money.  Plus, he has a perimeter game and a good trey shooting range, an excellent passer, a plus well beyond Anderson and Marietti at this stage.  Q, do you think Ron Rose might toy with the notion of Victor Davis at the 5, moving Ziemnik to the 4?  He has alot of good perimeter players, slashers coming back. Would love to see Eric Dortch improve his offensive set as it's great to have him on the floor defensively at any time.  Let's hope Sodemann and Zimmer are healthy all season.  Will need some backup PG to develop, to contribute more to scoring.  IMHO.

Do you think any of the recruits coming in have a chance for varsity rotation minutes?

IWU70

Titan Q

Quote from: iwu70 on May 23, 2013, 02:07:37 AM
Q, do you think Ron Rose might toy with the notion of Victor Davis at the 5, moving Ziemnik to the 4? 

In certain game situations, like this year, sure.  But not in a permanent capacity.  Ziemnik had a 1st Team all-CCIW season at the 3 (in his first season playing that position)...I think it's safe to say he has found a home there.  I'm guessing they want to build on that, as opposed to switching his role again.  I think Ron Rose loves Ziemnik's versatility and all of the things he can do with him at the 3.

Would love to see Eric Dortch improve his offensive set as it's great to have him on the floor defensively at any time. 
I think we'll see Dortch on the floor quite a bit next year at both the 3 and the 4.  For me, I like him at the 4 behind Victor Davis...when he plays the 4 on offense, he can still guard spots 1-4 on the other end.  I became a big Dortch fan down the stretch last year...he is quite a weapon.

Do you think any of the recruits coming in have a chance for varsity rotation minutes?

IWU70

Not really.  IWU has a good recruiting class coming in...but at the same time, the Titans really have a lot of good returnees.  I just can't really see a freshman beating out a returnee at any of the 9 or 10 varsity rotation spots.  I think guys like Jordan Turner, Andy Stempel, Trevor Seibring, and other incoming FR will be really good players for the Titans, but like 4 of IWU's starters last year (including all-CCIW honorees Dylan Overstreet, Andrew Ziemnik, and Kevin Reed), I see them playing JV as freshmen.

When IWU's class of 2014 graduates, I hope the Titans will be in position to reload vs rebuild - there is a lot of talent on the roster behind the Ziemnik/Davis/Zimmer/Davis/Mayberger/Dortch/Anderson group.

URockets

Bascially agree with Q on the prospects for the 5 at IWU for next season.  Anderson surely has the most experience, minutes played etc.  But, he's not anywhere near Kevin Reed on passing and court sense.   If Musselman would really commit, get in better shape, and develop more post moves, I'm pretty sure he could give both Anderson and Marietti a real run for their money.  Plus, he has a perimeter game and a good trey shooting range, an excellent passer, a plus well beyond Anderson and Marietti at this stage.  Q, do you think Ron Rose might toy with the notion of Victor Davis at the 5, moving Ziemnik to the 4?  He has alot of good perimeter players, slashers coming back. Would love to see Eric Dortch improve his offensive set as it's great to have him on the floor defensively at any time.  Let's hope Sodemann and Zimmer are healthy all season.  Will need some backup PG to develop, to contribute more to scoring.  IMHO.

IWU70

Sophomore "Redshirt" (due to season long foot injury) Brandon Heyen......6'8"....200+

AndOne

NCC RECRUIT

Reaching out.......

Brandon White--6'3" 175 Combo Guard from Liberty HS in Discovery Bay, CA.
18.4 ppg, 4.5 apg, 4.8 rpg, 2.1 spg

2011-2012 Highlight Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1RAbkjVz14

Titan Q

Quote from: URockets on May 23, 2013, 04:07:15 PM
Sophomore "Redshirt" (due to season long foot injury) Brandon Heyen......6'8"....200+

I think Brandon Heyen will benefit from a full, healthy JV season in 2013-14.  Then, with the redshirt, should have two full seasons to get in the varsity mix.

He is an intriguing kid - 6-8, really long, and can do a lot of things offensively.

Wildcat

Titan Q thanks for the info on elmhurst recruits.Check Jarrell Holliman out on youtube,he,s a terrific musician as well.I like the fact that they have gone to the south suburbs ,and Indiana lately.Good things happen to basketball programs when you do that.

iwu70

As some of you recall, I was high on Heyen before, hoping he would get his chance.  Hope he can get fully healthy and give his talents full scope for Ron Rose and others to consider.  He's very long, a good slasher, can shot the 3 reasonably well, would be good on D esp. if/when the Titans wish/decide to press a bit more than in the past.  Very long. He works hard -- so really hope he can get fully healthy, ready to go.  Another possible talent esp. for when this big talented '14 group goes.  Ron Rose does have a "surplus of riches" when it comes to returning and developing talent. 

IWU70

Titan Q

Former CCIW M.O.P. and All-American Rick Harrigan (Augustana '06), who has been an assistant coach at Augie, has been named head basketball coach at Brother Rice H.S.

Go Crusaders!

Denny McKinney

That is great news TQ. Congrats to Coach Harrigan,

Titan Q

Here is a look at 2013-14 season returning players in the CCIW, broken down by returning starters and key reserves from 2012-13.  The stats noted are from the 14 regular season conference games in 2013.  The class year listed is as of the 2013-14 season.

1. Illinois Wesleyan (13-1)
PG - Dylan Overstreet, 6-3 Jr (8.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.5 apg)     *1st Team
SG - Pat Sodemann, 6-3 Jr (11.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg)
G/F - Andrew Ziemnik, 6-4 Sr (11.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg)     *1st Team
PF - Victor Davis, 6-5 Sr (9.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg)
F/C -

SG - Brady Zimmer, 6-4 Sr (14.1 ppg, 2.8 rpg)
G/F - Mike Mayberger, 6-6 Sr (4.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg)
C - Nick Anderson, 6-9 Sr (3.7 ppg, 2.1 rpg)
F - Eric Dortch, 6-3 Sr (3.6 ppg, 2.5 rpg)
PF - Parker Musselman, 6-8 Jr (3.4 ppg, 1.2 rpg)

2. North Central (11-3)
PG - Pat Rourke, 6-3 Sr (2.9 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.4 apg)
SG - Vince Kmiec, 6-4 Sr (11.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg)     *3rd Team
G/F -
PF -
F/C - Landon Gamble, 6-6 Sr (15.9 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 2.2 apg)     *1st Team

F/C - Jack Burchett, 6-6 Jr (5.6 ppg, 5.1 rpg)
PG - Jack Merrithy, 5-9 Jr (4.4 ppg, 1.4 rpg)
PF - Charlie Rosenberg, 6-5 Sr (4.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg)
PG - Brandon Williams, 6-1 Sr (3.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg)

3. Wheaton (10-4)
PG - Tyler Peters, 6-4 Sr (18.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.3 apg)    *1st Team
SG - Brayden Teuscher, 6-3 Jr (14.1 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 2.1 apg)    *3rd Team
G/F - Peter Smith, 6-6 Jr (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg)
PF - Michael Berg, 6-6 So (3.4 ppg, 2.0 rpg)
F/C - Nathan Haynes, 6-6 Sr (13.2 ppg, 10.9 rpg)    *2nd Team

G - Michael Kvam, 6-2 Jr (10.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg)
G - Caleb DeMoss, 6-0 Jr (3.1 ppg)

4. Augustana (8-6)
PG - Danielius Jurgutis, 6-0 Jr (10.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.9 apg)
SG - Jawan Straughter, 6-0 So (2.5 ppg, 2.5 rpg)
G/F - Tayvian Johnson, 6-6 So (6.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg)
PF - Ben Ryan, 6-5 So (11.2 ppg, 6.1 rpg)      *2nd Team
F/C -

PF - Nic Hoepfner, 6-6 Jr (7.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg)
G - Mark Roth, 6-0 Jr (5.2 ppg, 1.2 rpg)
G - Griffin Pils, 6-4 So (3.9 ppg, 1.5 rpg)

(expected to get 6-8 C Kevin Schlitter back from injury)

5. Carthage (7-7)
PG - Donte Logan, 5-11 Jr (7.1 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 4.1 apg)
SG - Reese Herth, 6-2 Jr (10.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg)
G/F - Marlon Senior, 6-5 Sr (8.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg)
PF -
F/C -

G - Kevin Sykes Jr, 6-3 Sr (4.4 ppg, 1.1 rpg)
F - Cameron Van Wyk, 6-6 Jr (3.3 ppg, 2.2 rpg)
G - Kiston Kee, 6-3 Jr (3.3 ppg, 1.8 rpg)
G - Ellis Matthews, 6-3 So (3.0 ppg, 1.0 rpg)

(expected to get back 2011-12 1st Team SG Malcom Kelly)

6. Millikin (4-10)
PG - TJ Griffin, 6-0 So (9.9 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 2.3 apg)
SG - Chase Robbins, 6-2 So (7.9 ppg, 1.5 rpg)
G/F - Elijan Kinmon, 6-5 So (6.1 ppg, 3.1 rpg)
PF - Deavis Johnson, 6-6 So (11.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg)   *3rd Team
F/C - Mitch Wilfer, 6-8 So (3.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg)

SG - Trent Windemuller, 6-2 So (6.8 ppg, 1.9 rpg)
G/F - Tommy Pilackas, 6-3 So (3.6 ppg, 1.5 rpg)
PF - Jaylon Owens, 6-5 So (2.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg)

7. Elmhurst (2-12)
PG -
SG - Taylor Baxter, 6-5 Sr (4.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.4 apg)
G/F - Bryant Ackerman, 6-2 So (10.8 ppg, 2.2 rpg)
PF - Nick Sanford, 6-5 Sr (16.0 ppg, 8.9 rpg)     *3rd Team
F/C - Alex Morgunov, 6-9 Sr (6.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg)

G - Kyle Wuest, 6-2 So (6.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.3 apg)

8. North Park (1-13)
PG - Cameron Burnett, 5-5 So (4.6 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 3.7 apg)
SG - Ryan Hyrn, 5-11 So (9.1 ppg, 1.9 rpg)
G/F - Reggie McGree, 6-2 Jr (5.5 ppg, 1.4 rpg)
PF - 
F/C -

G - Chris Benjamin, 6-2 So (10.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg)

(expected to get back 6-8 F Mike Gabriel from injury)

*returning all-CCIW player

Wildcat

Spoke to Elmhurst assistant coach Nick Michael yesterday.He,s leaving this week  for Virginia Commonwealth University.It,s a great opportunity as a grad assistant in the strength and conditioning department.He will work with mens basketball,and mens and womens tennis.He told me to keep him informed on the teams progress at Elmhurst.Safe travels nephew.

ICUI4CU

Out of all of the recruits could anyone try to rank the top five CCIW recruits so far? In terms if hype, high school success, and potential. Obviously all of this can change because college is completely different.

iwu70

Given Q's long listing for next season, seems the CCIW has a HUGE amount of talent and experience coming back, making this upcoming season likely to be one of the most competitive and strong in a long long time.  Seems very few seniors left these teams -- with NCC probably taking the biggest hit with Raridon and Ticknis departing.  Four 1st teamers returning, six other All-CCIW players, so a lot of top talent returning.  Should be a great season ahead.

My pre-season poll would be:  IWU, WC, NCC, AC, MU, CC (if Kelly returns), NPU (if Gabriel returns), EC.

IWU70