MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldirtytim

Pat Coleman

One would think a W&L student/grad could figure anything out.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

stillfamily

Eagle Slam,
How can you even make a comment about EMU folding like a cheap tent. They were picked 10th, finished higher. Lost in the tournament to the eventual champions by a smaller margin than any other team in the tournament. BC was suppose to win it right? they lost in the first round too. Let's touch reality here. EMU is the real deal. The pieces are there. And there is nothing more in life I am looking forward to then when they meet on Dec. 3rd!

stillfamily

EMU has a solid recruiting. From what I can tell the puzzle is there, but can it be put together. EMU should be a talented team, with some talented players. As for Delaney, he is a shooter and can also jump out of the gym, just like Darryl Renner. He is a high flyer. With Arrington healthy, First team Sager should have enough help for EMU to continue to dominate on the boards.

jdubyadubya

Brad Parkes should have a breakout year too. EMU should do a little better than .500 this season.

ruthless

Jyba-Jabba is a funny guy, you really made me laugh when you said Adair was going to be POY, IF he has the same stats as last year. Let me see that will mean he will have two or three people ahead of him in scoring, and another three or four in rebounding. That won't win him anything in this conference. Now I don't know who will win the POY, but I do know Brad Parkes will average somewhere between 17 and 20ppg, I don't think he's decided on a number yet.

jdubyadubya

Hey Ruthless, what's your problem? Of course Adair has a shot at POY. I'm standing by that statement I made a long time ago.

stillfamily

Let's not put so much pressure on Mr. Parks here with all this 17-20pts. He will get his no doubt about it. Are we forgetting a very important factor here with all this POY stuff. There are two players that are better than Adair. JASON SAGER/EMU and JUSTIN WANSLEY/RMC. Now they have as good a chance as anyone for POY. Not taking anything away from Adair, he is a great player. To predict EMU will be a few games over .500 is saying they will have a two game increase from last season? They went 12-12 in the regular season last year. I can see them winning somwhere from 15-18 games this season. All I can say is this year is going to be a great year of basketball, and a lot of internet use for me to listen to the ones I can't see!!!

jdubyadubya

You can start to feel it in the air.....teams starting to get together informally for lifting and shoot arounds. Boy, this year is going to be terrific. Just look at the rosters and all the talent on them. Let's get a report on new recruits and who will be starting as freshmen or transfers. I know VWC has four solid recruits for sure but I don't know if any one of them is starter material. Also, let's hear from the experts...where are the holes on the teams this year and how are you going to fill them?

eagleslam

stillfamily,

I can say EMU folded like a cheap tent because they started 5-2 and finished 8-10.  They won 3 out of their last 11.  That is folding.  Period.  I don't care where they were picked.  I never said BC was supposed to win the Torunament.  I thought GC was a very difficult match-up from the start.  December 3rd should be fun.  Maybe the Royals will have one win in the last 20 games against BC after that. 

stillfamily

Eagleslam,
Don't take it personally when I say BC folded much worse. They were in the tournament against GC and quit. They went down in the first half big, and gave up. It wasnt a game. There was no game that young and inexperienced EMU ever quit. If you call going down to the Eventual Champion VW by 18 at the half and cutting it to a 3 point margin late in the game folding. Then yes, they folded. Your describing a second half of the season that was on the road for EMU last year. If you look at the schedule they played the second half on the road. They started out great and finished with all they had. For a team with no senior leadership and an injured Arrington, lets be honest, nobody thought EMU would finish higher than 10th, I mean hey thats where they were picked. As for Dec. 3, that is a whole new ball game. You can say 1 out of the last twenty, but let's be real here, nobody cares about the last 20, its this year , this game. The start of a new era at EMU began in 2003-2004, it has grown each year, and with Kirby Dean it won't stop until the goal is reached.

eagleslam

stillfamily...

Well, since BC was picked 4th, and finished 3rd, they didn't fold.  I'm going by the entire season, not one game.  EMU, the last half of the season, folded.  I guess I'll go by the game at EMU where BC was down eight by the half, and won by five. 

emufan

EMU is going to be an improved team again. Coach Dean and his staff can just flat out recruit.  However, the ODAC is a tough leauge.  I predict EMU to finish anywhere between 2-5 in the league and then once the tournament starts, watch out.  EMU will get past the quarterfinal round and Sager will make a run again for POY award.

mybleedinghands

emufan

EMU will broadcast all games online this year.

Here is the anticipated schedule.

http://www.emu.edu/athletics/broadcast/