FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on May 19, 2019, 09:47:48 AM
I heard the other day the good news that Geoff Dratt continues to be doing well with his health. Geoff is a great guy and I hope and pray for good continued health for him.

I heard Geoff and Jan bought a house in Alliance which should be great news for their daughter having grandma and grandpa living so close by.

Dratt I s reported to being very excited and optimistic about the upcoming season as OC and OL coach.  It helps a lot to have the best QB coach in football working for him.

The QB coach sounded optimistic too.

skunks_sidekick

Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on May 19, 2019, 06:17:05 PM
Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on May 19, 2019, 09:47:48 AM
I heard the other day the good news that Geoff Dratt continues to be doing well with his health. Geoff is a great guy and I hope and pray for good continued health for him.

I heard Geoff and Jan bought a house in Alliance which should be great news for their daughter having grandma and grandpa living so close by.

Dratt I s reported to being very excited and optimistic about the upcoming season as OC and OL coach.  It helps a lot to have the best QB coach in football working for him.

The QB coach sounded optimistic too.

I heard similar.  Also, I think it's great that our QB is a captain for next year, and is entering his senior year ready to do his thing. 

hsbsballcoach7

A couple of non football UMU notes.
Mount Union alum, Sean Donnelly, is sitting 2nd in the world in the hammer throw and it's a 2020 Olympic standard!
Also, Logan Hill, a good basketball player from Jackson HS who was previously attending Toledo playing b-ball will be transferring to Mount.

MUC57

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on May 20, 2019, 03:58:59 PM
A couple of non football UMU notes.
Mount Union alum, Sean Donnelly, is sitting 2nd in the world in the hammer throw and it's a 2020 Olympic standard!
Also, Logan Hill, a good basketball player from Jackson HS who was previously attending Toledo playing b-ball will be transferring to Mount.

Thanks for the info. Always nice to hear the good stuff. Have a good one!  :o

edward de vere

And in another non-football related note, Mount Union has changed its long-standing affiliation from UMC to SJW.

MUC57

Quote from: edward de vere on May 20, 2019, 05:40:52 PM
And in another non-football related note, Mount Union has changed its long-standing affiliation from UMC to SJW.

SJW❓ Huh? Help me here. (See signature below)

Craft_Beermeister

I'm hearing some very influential people connected with JCU are unhappy with how 20 year head baseball coach Marc Thibeault was fired recently. If what I've been hearing turns out to be true the incident will reflect bad on such a great school.

raiderguy

Quote from: MUC57 on May 20, 2019, 06:09:53 PM

They have dropped their affiliation with the United Methodist Church after all these years because of the churches stance on gay/lesbian exclusions in the church. They do not want to limit their inclusion of all students in the family. They have even agreed to fully support any student that has received money from the church that would go away because of this change in philosophy.
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on May 21, 2019, 06:43:53 AM
I'm hearing some very influential people connected with JCU are unhappy with how 20 year head baseball coach Marc Thibeault was fired recently. If what I've been hearing turns out to be true the incident will reflect bad on such a great school.

I have no idea what happened with Thibeault but I can't think that starting off 6-0 in the OAC and not even making the OAC tournament (4 teams) helped his cause.  I'm guessing the continued success at BW doesn't help either as they won the OAC regular season, made the NCAA tourney again and made it the regional finals. 

MUC57

Quote from: raiderguy on May 21, 2019, 09:45:27 AM

They have dropped their affiliation with the United Methodist Church after all these years because of the churches stance on gay/lesbian exclusions in the church. They do not want to limit their inclusion of all students in the family. They have even agreed to fully support any student that has received money from the church that would go away because of this change in philosophy.

I knew the UMC. But what's the SJW?  ???

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: MUC57 on May 21, 2019, 10:28:16 AM

I believe he is referencing "Social Justice Warrior"
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

MUC57

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on May 21, 2019, 10:50:38 AM

Oh! Huh?  ???

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: MUC57 on May 21, 2019, 11:46:24 AM

Oh! Huh?  ???

SJW's are the Millennials and Gen Z (the ones currently in college) who are ruining everything with their PC bologna...

AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

MUC57

Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on May 21, 2019, 01:48:31 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on May 21, 2019, 11:46:24 AM

Oh! Huh?  ???

SJW's are the Millennials and Gen Z (the ones currently in college) who are ruining everything with their PC bologna...

Thanks, JCUStreaks70

You're right on top of stuff! But, at least WE have a video scoreboard.   ;D