MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwu70

Imitzel, is there a new name proposed for the Carthage teams?   Probably not a very good brand to go the Washington route and call them "the team from Kenosha."   Likely some new mascot and name, right?  Vikings and Titans already taken . . .  Carthage Cobras, Cougars, or Cardinals?  Any ideas? (Cathage Boscos!  :) ). 

Need some creativity here.   :)

IWU'70

titanfan

The article stated the teams would compete this year simply as "Carthage College" while the school searched for a replacement name. 

Quote from: iwu70 on September 09, 2020, 09:17:25 PM
Imitzel, is there a new name proposed for the Carthage teams?   Probably not a very good brand to go the Washington route and call them "the team from Kenosha."   Likely some new mascot and name, right?  Vikings and Titans already taken . . .  Carthage Cobras, Cougars, or Cardinals?  Any ideas? (Cathage Boscos!  :) ). 

Need some creativity here.   :)

IWU'70

Gregory Sager

Quote from: iwu70 on September 09, 2020, 09:17:25 PM
Imitzel, is there a new name proposed for the Carthage teams?   Probably not a very good brand to go the Washington route and call them "the team from Kenosha."   Likely some new mascot and name, right?  Vikings and Titans already taken . . .  Carthage Cobras, Cougars, or Cardinals?

I suggest the Delenda Ests.

Quote from: iwu70 on September 09, 2020, 09:17:25 PMAny ideas? (Cathage Boscos!  :) ). 

Dude, c'mon. You've been on this site practically every day for twenty years now. You've seen the man's name in this space at least every other time that you've logged on.

It's not rocket science. It's not race-against-the-clock lab research to find a cure for COVID-19. It's not the massive, life-draining struggle against all odds you faced to properly spell "Koschnitzky."

This is Bosco:

This is Bosko:

Chocolate syrup product =/= recently retired Carthage basketball coach

Capisce?
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

sac

literally what I think about every time I hear bosco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9GjBGuI2Aw

....and secretly always wanted to do this.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

This is obvious, right?  Carthage Jumbos with an elephant mascot named Hannibal.  Done and done.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

WUPHF

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on September 10, 2020, 08:36:41 AM

This is obvious, right?  Carthage Jumbos with an elephant mascot named Hannibal.  Done and done.

It was not obvious to me, but it is now.

I do think they will go with a more gender neutral mascot name.  Maybe just Jumbo.

lmitzel

I was gonna suggest something about elephants over on the women's board, but I'll just hop on this bandwagon.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Gregory Sager

Quote from: sac on September 10, 2020, 08:33:47 AM

I always think of Seinfeld, because that drink (and its rival, Ovaltine) gets mentioned in a couple of episodes with regard to the stand-up comedy routine of one of Jerry Seinfeld's rival comedians, Kenny Banya.

That is a great idea, Ryan.

Quote from: WUPHF on September 10, 2020, 10:03:47 AM

I do think they will go with a more gender neutral mascot name.  Maybe just Jumbo.

Jumbx.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

Redmen to Red Men to Jumbx would probably make ESPN.

iwu70

Of course, for Carthage, I prefer the chocolate syrup!   :)

Jumbx has a certain ring . . . LOL.

'70

Gregory Sager

I will have a hard time thinking of Carthage's teams, both men and women, as anything but the Jumbx from now on.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 10, 2020, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: sac on September 10, 2020, 08:33:47 AM

I always think of Seinfeld, because that drink (and its rival, Ovaltine) gets mentioned in a couple of episodes with regard to the stand-up comedy routine of one of Jerry Seinfeld's rival comedians, Kenny Banya.

That is a great idea, Ryan.

Quote from: WUPHF on September 10, 2020, 10:03:47 AM

Jumbx.

Bosco is George's ATM pin, as well, I believe.

Gregory Sager

WUPHF

I think we should all agree to meet up every Thursday until basketball season begins to talk about Carthage and their effort to change their athletic brand.  Maybe every other Thursday.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Maybe they become the Carthage Boscos and the mascot is a giant bottle of chocolate syrup?