BB: MIAA: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by Ralph Turner, January 28, 2006, 12:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albinomascot19

I am glad I have no class on Thursdays.  I am planning on catching up on some baseball, watching the Britons @ Comets. 

formerd3db

As several of you have already said, I can indeed see that this MIAA baseball season is going to be very interesting and competitive race - if this week's results are any indication.  Hope splitting with Alma and Adrian and especially with such a wide range of score differences between the two games.  Wow! :o
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

bulldogalum

Well, Adrian takes two from Hope today, and 3 out of 4 overall.  They're alone at the top for now, and it looks like they're going to stay near there.  I have yet to see them play, but I knew they had a strong group coming back.  In other news, Albion and Olivet split a pair of one run games.

formerd3db

As most people expected, Adrian is "in the driver's seat" in the MIAA.  After this past weekend, they are 14-2 in the league and 18-9 overall.  Still, they have several games to go yet (Alma, Kazoo, Albion) and a game against DI Toledo this Wed.  Barring a late collapse, I would think they'll most likely be the MIAA representative to the NCAA regionals again this year.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

albinomascot19

Albion remains 2 games behind Adrian with a 12-4 record in the conference, 16-11-1 overall.  Up next for the Britons is 4 games against K college Hornets this week, as they try to keep up with the league leader. 

bulldogalum

Am I barred from posting on this board if I haven't seen an MIAA baseball game this year? ;D  From the looks of things, it's going to be really hard for anyone to beat Nokovich or Reynolds when they're throwing for Adrian.  They've been giving up 0-1-2ish runs per game, and it's hard to keep the bulldog offense that quiet.  If those two win their games, it's going to be tough for Adrian to lose the league, since you have to assume they'll sneak out the odd win here or there in the other half of the series.  Albion seems to be getting some good wins of late.  On a side note, it was really nice to see Calvin lose 4 this weekend, regardless of who they lost them to. ;)

northb

Quote from: bulldogalum on April 17, 2006, 07:17:50 PM
  On a side note, it was really nice to see Calvin lose 4 this weekend, regardless of who they lost them to. ;)

Ouch--now play nice BDA
DIII 2021 Basketball National Tournament Pick-em Co-Champ

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.

--Mark Twain

bulldogalum

Sorry if that came off wrong.  All I meant was that, with Calvin in 2nd place going into the weekend, 4 Calvin losses basically (though not certainly) removes one more team from contention for the league title.  Now I just need the Brits to lose.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: northb on April 18, 2006, 11:17:31 AM
Quote from: bulldogalum on April 17, 2006, 07:17:50 PM
  On a side note, it was really nice to see Calvin lose 4 this weekend, regardless of who they lost them to. ;)

Ouch--now play nice BDA

;) :D :D :D ;D ;D 8) I didn't think that was too "over-the-top".  After all, it was only Calvin, and they don't expose themselves to much abuse on the MIAA Football message boards!!! :D :D :D

And if it sets your team up for the championship, great!!!

Seriously, thanks for the participation on the board! ;)

bulldogalum

And down the stretch they come...

Adrian's lead just got a lot less comfortable, but all will be well if they can take two or more from the Brits this week.  Congrats to Jeff Nokovich on a fine performance last week, earning MIAA pitcher of the week honors for the second time this year.  I'm hoping to make it to the games Wednesday, but there are other priorities at this point that might trump the desire to watch a baseball game.  Best of luck to all teams headed into the last week of the season!

bulldogalum

Well, Adrian and Albion split today at scenic Riverside Park.  Adrian wins game 1 1-0 in 12 innings, and Albion takes the second 10-6.  Another split this weekend and they'll be set.

albinomascot19

Adrian has been amazing all year round.  They should represent the MIAA well in the NCAA's.  Their strong point is their consistent pitching and timely hitting.  They seem to be a complete team.  I hope they well for the playoffs.

formerd3db

Quote from: albinomascot19 on May 04, 2006, 06:54:42 PM
Adrian has been amazing all year round. They should represent the MIAA well in the NCAA's. Their strong point is their consistent pitching and timely hitting. They seem to be a complete team. I hope they well for the playoffs.

I agree with you.  They are indeed a very good team.  However, you are assuming that they will sweep Albion in the final games this weekend, with Hope losing at least one to Olivet.  While probably less likely, if Albion pulls out a fantastic effort to win both games and Hope somehow manages to sweep Olivet, Hope will win the title.  Not impossible although a touch task and odds not good.  Yet, don't we have to have "faith in our teams i.e. Albion and Hope to the very end? ??? ;)

If Adrian does win it, I agree that they will represent our leauge well and hopefully would advance further this in the playoffs banking on the exerience of last year in the NCAA's.  The latter can't hurt.  On the other hand, I obviously HOPE it is HOPE that goes! ;D  Good luck to all teams this weekend.  May the best one win the title; yet whoever doesn't, I think the teams have had pretty good seasons and making it, once again, and exciting MIAA race.

Ralph Turner

formerd3db

Thanks for the info Ralph.  Hope all is well with you down there!