FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IBFC_Alum

Quote from: NCAA Football on May 11, 2006, 08:56:39 PM
I have to agree with you Reeno 10. Ereg has done it each year with a mediocre oline. He has been in the top of the conference, so I would take Ereg over the two CUW backs anyday. He can wear defenses down with his hard nose running style, which can also control the pace of the game. It will be interesting to see what happens next year.

What will happen next year is simple.  Mac will return to the top of the conference (where they belong) and Ereg will have another great year.  Schmidtke will return to his old form and Martin will catch over 60 balls.  Year two of the 3-4 defense will show tremendous improvement and Pirolo will dominate and have a good chance of becoming an All-American.  Mac has a great coaching staff and they laid the foundation for the future last year.  You will see a much improved Highlander team in 2006!!!!!!!!!
"Division III Football, Where They Pay to Play"

sotha sil

All this mac talk reminds me of the past few years of mac talk.  A lot of hype and then a fall out during the season.  But, maybe this year will be different.

But, when Aaron Gillespie leads the conference in rushing and makes a push at player of the year, I am pretty sure it will be the o-line did it for him.  Ereg's good but I never hear our D complain about playing him.  I love hearing the whole put Ereg on CUW and let him play with that o-line.  We would love another solid back up for A.G so come on over.

IBFC_Alum

Quote from: sotha sil on May 15, 2006, 02:38:19 PM
All this mac talk reminds me of the past few years of mac talk. A lot of hype and then a fall out during the season. But, maybe this year will be different.

But, when Aaron Gillespie leads the conference in rushing and makes a push at player of the year, I am pretty sure it will be the o-line did it for him. Ereg's good but I never hear our D complain about playing him. I love hearing the whole put Ereg on CUW and let him play with that o-line. We would love another solid back up for A.G so come on over.

I am glad you have faith in A.G. but if Ereg played for CUW, A.G. would be looking to transfer to CURF so he could get some carries!!  Besides A.G. is used to backing up a  great running back (Mills) so the transition of Ereg to CUW would go smooth.  A.G. would know his role!!  Don'y worry about the Highlanders they will be fine.  I hope everyone doubts them this year.  Go MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Genius

Ereg -2nd leading rusher in the conference. He had  55 more carries than #1 Mills and 99 more than #3 Mauri. The only RB in the top 10 who didn't have a better yard per carry avg than Ereg was from CURF.
Just because you have the most yards doesn't mean you are the best. You must look deeper.

My analysis:
Ereg-great downhill runner. Tries to run too many people over. he doens't make defenders have to arm tackle him because he is tight in the hips. He does finish his runs...always fall forward.Good RB..not great. Backup RB #3 may be a better runner. More elusive and strong. he doesn't get carries but he stands out when he runs the ball.

Gillespie- shifty from side to side. You don't get clean shots on him. Forces defenders to arm tackle him and he is breaks the arm tackles. Not a power back but good balance. Enought speed to finish the run.

Erdman- Not even worth talking about. he wasn't even the guy on his team in the 4th qtr when the game was on the line. Average back good oline. This year will tell alot. That is enought said.

Reeno10- Just because i don't think Ereg is the best back doesn't mean i am disrespecting him. He is good just not the best.
Why is it in the sports world if some one doesn't consider you to be as good as you think you are then it must be disrespect? More humilty in the sports world and less ego/pride would help.

IBFC-Alum...who cares if someone else agrees with you. Majority numbers doesn't mean you are correct. Also, who cares if defenders feel it when tackling Ereg. What matters is breaking tackles not tripping over someone you tried to run over.

Bottomline...i suspect Ereg will get a bunch of carries and be at the top again of the league rushing. That isn't my criteria of who the best back in the league is though. If had my choice of who i would least like to play against...i'd say Gillespie. He is more dangerous in his scheme then Ereg is in his scheme.

FalconsFootball

Well put.  Good research also.

footballisfun

So, what about TE, FB and SS.  Since everyone likes talking about O-line and LB, arent TE and FB just glorified O-lineman and SS fast linebackers.  So lets hear it, who is going to be good at those positions this year?
Great are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make those dreams come true.

IBFC_Alum

Genius,

If majority numbers does not make me correct (like you siad) and Ereg being the leading returning rusher does not make me correct  what makes you correct on picking Gillespie? You have to understand Ereg is not a homerun type of back (you already said that) so of course he is not leading in YPG.

So you pick Gillespie based on the facts that  he is "shifty", was second string and has "enough speed to finnish the run".  Nice credentials!!! I think Ereg's credentials are better. But we are just beating a dead horse here. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me,  I just don't see what you are basing your decision off of. All I want to know is WHAT IS YOUR CRITERIA? 

I agree with you on the statement that you never disrespected Ereg, its just constructive crticism from your point of view. Erdman I refuse to even comment on.  The back-up RB from Mac is a good one but his time will come.

Genius

IBFC_alum

RB criteria from a defensive perspective... who would i least like to face. The 2 big things i look at  is vision and break tackle ability. Then i look at their speed.
It doesn't seem like many established RBs are back this year so in terms of who has the best combo of vision, break tackle ability and speed i'd choose gillespie.

footballisfun,
TE, FB,SS i can't think of anyone who stands out who is a returner. all the notable TEs last year were seniors. No FB stood out to me. Maybe Bene's but he's gone. Throw out some names/#s and maybe i'd have an opinion on them.

I'd be interested in your opinions on Top offensive and defensive schemes in the conference... Offensive- CUW (although they don't pass enough) Defensive- GC or Lakeland

Reeno10

I am not going to comment anymore on whatever Genius is talking about bc everyone has opnions and thats ok bc facts speak for themselves but that is not what i want to talk about...obviously we got some pro CUW posters here and thats ok too you got to rep your squad some times DUDE!!! SO heres what i got to say Mac is too deep right now in the offenseive skill positions....Mac will have almost all there skilled positions be 1st or 2nd team all conference players coiming to the table...and as far as a defense is concerned....i heard that 4 teams conference and non conference games  rushed for over hundred yards rushing againset a 3-4 defense that mac has..4 thats it...all mac has to do is get the offense to roll and this team will be on top but for someone to say lakelands defense is going to be good again next year...that is al little far fetched considering i would think it would be a rebuilding year for that defense loosing two all american players....i dont know just my opinon....everyone will route for there teams but i want everyone to know its been 3 years come up to four years that mac has got a ring and i am telling you with the talent that have offensively especailly defensivley this team is long pat DUE!!!I am not saying anythign about any other team bc football is footballl!!!

GO MAC

p.s- Larry you better be lifting kid because you got a X on your chest this year...i got my rings wheres yours!!!

footballisfun

Well lets see who is coming back:
AU:
   FB: Nick Paxson #26 Sr.
   SS: Nick Gniedziejko #18 JR. (Not sure if he is there SS or not but he was a Safty for them)

BU:
   SS: Anthony Borsellino #1 Sr.

CURF:
   FB: #47
   SS: #22
   TE: #13

CUW:
   TE: Trent Duckett # 15 So. (not sure if he was their starter or not)

Eureka:
   Couldnt find anything on them

GC:
   SS: Seth England #20 Jr.
   TE: Logan Patton #80 So.

LC:
  TE: Martin Ringiesen #88 Sr

Mac:
  FB: Greig Spuhler #44 Jr.
  SS: Chris Flaggs #2 Jr.

Those are who are returning from each team, if I am wrong someone please tell me.  The SS from AU isnt bad but you were right, there really arent very big names ruturning to those positions.
Great are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make those dreams come true.

maddog8

Footballsfun, never herd of this TE from Lakeland and I have been following Lakeland for 4 yrs now. As for not mentioning Erdman from Lakeland as a top runner well time will tell. Lakelands "D" is not rebuilding in fact I feel they have even more speed at LB and D-Line than last years team. Take it to the bank watch out for Bobby Busha (Wagner). Numbers wise CUW has the best D talent with Langston and Allen. I have to say that Lakeland is not far behind as well as MAC, who has the potential to take the top over, remember what I said "WILL THEY LISTEN TO THEIR COACHES and alsoWILL THEY PLAY WITH ATTITUDE AND CLEAN. leave the fighting for the thugs on the street. If Mac can do this then they have a chance to win the conference, Otherwise I have to say its between Lakeland and CUW. This year is going to be fun.

For those interested in how Van Doo Loo and Maiuri are doing in Europe, Well Van Doo Loo is the leading tackler in the south division and Maiuri is the leading Intersceptor in the north Division. His adjustment to Defense from being a QB all his life has been very difficult at the least and alot of studyng at best. He has 3 INT's in 4 games, 1 returned 90 yrds for a TD, Last weeks INT with 1.18 sec left as the other team was driving for another score, was caught in the back of the endzone and returned 60 yrs allowing his team the Blue Devils to drive the remaining 40 yrds to score the winning TD with 3 sec left on the clock 20-19 to stay undefeated in the north division. Hopefully both the Ryan will meet ing the Europe Bowl and play each other. Representing the IBFC very well.

IBFC_Alum

Genius,

If vision and breaking tackles are your criteria, then that sounds a lot like Ereg to me.

I also think that you will be very impressed with what Mac does defensively this year.  They have a couple of very impressive defensive players coming in this year that should really help them out.  On the offensive side of the ball,I think Mac will throw the ball a lot more this year as well as grind it out with Ereg. Mac has a great weapon in Martin and another reciever new to the mix this year that really open the field up for Martin.  The O-Line will be much improved.

My picks
Offensive scheme - CUW

Defensive - Mac

Reeno10

Maddog....I would have to say that, that was very well put......only time will tell and yes i believe that Mac and Greenville will have the best Defenses in the conference because they have two of teh best linebackers int he conference and no one can take that from those teams....Terry Martin will be good next year and i like i said before mac will have all of there skill postions on offense be ethier 1st or second team all conference players, its what maddog said will they listen to there coach?? and will they put there thug mentality aside?? but macs defense will be there

NCAA Football

Quote from: Genius on May 17, 2006, 01:29:10 PM
IBFC_alum

RB criteria from a defensive perspective... who would i least like to face. The 2 big things i look at  is vision and break tackle ability. Then i look at their speed.
It doesn't seem like many established RBs are back this year so in terms of who has the best combo of vision, break tackle ability and speed i'd choose gillespie.

footballisfun,
TE, FB,SS i can't think of anyone who stands out who is a returner. all the notable TEs last year were seniors. No FB stood out to me. Maybe Bene's but he's gone. Throw out some names/#s and maybe i'd have an opinion on them.

I'd be interested in your opinions on Top offensive and defensive schemes in the conference... Offensive- CUW (although they don't pass enough) Defensive- GC or Lakeland

Genius,

Ereg is a back that meets all of your criteria.  He is also an established running back that has accomplished a heck of a lot in the IBFC.  I don't understand how you can pick someone that wasn;t even a starter last lear over Ereg.  Ereg may be a tough runner, but he also has the ability to break tackles.  Also, don't let Ereg's speed fool you, he is faster than you think he is. 

As for best offensive scheme, Im not real sure yet, but i really can't see CUW as having the best scheme.  they don't even throw the ball that often. 

As for the best defensive scheme, Greenville still has that really good linebacker.  i think teams are going to have to look out for Lakelands and MacMurrays Defense.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other!

IBFC_Alum

NCAA Football,

CUW has a very effective scheme even though they do not throw the ball that often.  But if they want to be a factor when the playoffs roll around, they will have to do both.  If they run into a team that can shut down the run game, they have to be able to put the ball in the air.  Still a greta scheme for their talent.
Lakeland has a lot of holes to fill but they have a great head coach who knows how to win. They play good defense and are always physically tough.  Lakeland will be tough to beat home and away.
Greenville had a great year but I am not sold on them yet. If they could string two good years in a row together, they may be on to something. They have a great LB who orchestrates their defense.
Aurora I thought underachieved last year.  I think they will be a much improved ball club this year.  They always are tough to beat. Still a team adapting to new coaching styles.

This year several teams have the chance to win it.  In my mind their is no clear cut favorite.