MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecreddevils

Quote from: WUPHF on November 13, 2019, 10:23:52 PM
Looking at other scores and the College of Pharmacy live stats have the Pharmacists with the win, 71-65.  I hope they had heartburn medicine on hand for the Fontbonne fans...

I ran across an interesting piece of information on the Chronicle recently.  They may not have won the game, but SCOP ranks second in the nation in 40 year ROI (2.71 million).  Other schools on that list?  4th MIT  5th Stanford  8th Harvard 16th Penn  18th Caltech  21 Yale

...not too shabby.

ecreddevils

EC at Monmouth tonight will be interesting.  101-91 MC win last year, preseason all-American Will Carius put up 35/10.  Gotta figure EC will get out and run, put up points in transition.  It will be interesting to see if Banks's length gives Carius any trouble down low; he's a very skilled low post player who can step out midrange and beyond, if needed. 

My sense is that EC will be right in this game, think the added depth of Millsteadt and Daniels could factor in.  This would be a nice non-conference road win for the Red Devils to pick up, and I think they can.

GU1999

I light of the SLIAC Sportsmanship Policy and the severe penalties associated with violation of the 14 technical limit, I will attempt to keep a record of the seasons technical fouls (team and player).
Season to date:
Greenville - Team 2
S. Grady - a flopping T,
J. Cross - a hanging on the rim T)
MacMurry - 2 (v. Central Christian / Ian Smith; Tanner Payton)
Principia - 1 (Goodman)

GU1999

Quote from: hopefan on November 14, 2019, 09:39:39 AM
The busiest weekend of the year for SLIAC hoops.......   with 8 teams in tourneys, and Mac and EC both playing 2 non tourney games

20 games

Fri   Buena Vista   TH   ARC     vs   Westminster (Mo.)   TA   SLIAC
Buena Vista - 16.5 o/u 152

Fri   Simpson   TN   ARC    vs   Fontbonne   TN   SLIAC
Simpson - 17.5  o/u 215

Fri   Defiance   TH   HCAC   vs      Spalding   TA   SLIAC
Defiance -3  o/u 136

Fri   Loras   TH   ARC    vs   Blackburn   TA   SLIAC
Loras - 19.5 o/u 166

Fri   Wartburg   TH   ARC   vs   Iowa Wesleyan   TA   SLIAC
Wartburg - 23.5 o/u 151

Fri   Wheaton (Ill.)   TH   CCIW   vs   Principia   TA   SLIAC
Wheaton - 17.5 o/u 162.5

Fri   North Central (ill.)   H   CCIW   vs   Greenville   A   SLIAC
North Central - 18.5 o/u 259.5

Fri   Knox   H   MWC       vs    MacMurray A   SLIAC
Mac -3 o/u 152.5

Sat   Monmouth   H   MWC      vs   Eureka   A   SLIAC
Monmouth - 3.5 o/u 162.5

Sat   Buena Vista   TH   ARC    vs   Fontbonne   TA   SLIAC
Buena Vista - 14.5 o/u 172

Sat   Westminster (Mo.)   TN   SLIAC   vs   Simpson   TN   ARC
Simpson - 9.5 o/u 179.5

Sat   Spalding   TN   SLIAC   vs   Olivet or Great Lakes Chr   TN   
unable to analyze

Sat   Blackburn   TN   SLIAC   vs   UW-La Crosse   TN   WIAC
UW-La Crosse -25.5 o/u 172.5

Sat   Webster   TN   SLIAC   vs   Piedmont   TN   USAC
Webster -5 o/u 133.5

Sat   Iowa Wesleyan   TN   SLIAC   vs   Cornell or Minn.-Morris TN   
unable to analyze

Sat   Principia   TN   SLIAC   vs   Franklin or UW-River Falls   TN   
unable to analyze

Sat   Carthage   H   CCIW   vs   Greenville   A   SLIAC
Carthage - 3 o/u 248.5

Sat   Monmouth   H   MWC      vs   MacMurray   A   SLIAC
Monmouth -16.5 o/u 148.5

Sat   Knox   H   MWC     vs   Eureka   A   SLIAC
Eureka - 12.5 o/u 177

Sun   Maryville (Tenn.)  TH   USAC   vs   Webster   TA   SLIAC
Maryville - 9.5 o/u 144.5

Now that we've seen what all the missing bodies leaves us with, hopefan will set the over/under at 5 SLIAC wins... Prognosticators, post me your thoughts...

Worst Case Scenario - SLIAC 0 wins
Best Case Scenario - SLIAC 7 wins (EU over Knox and Monmouth; GU over Carthage; Webster over Maryville and Piedmont; Mac over Knox; Spaulding over Piedmont)
Likely Scenario - SLIAC 3 wins. (EU over Knox; Mac over Knox; Webster over Piedmont)

Despite my lack dire outlook on these games, I do hope that there are many shocking results.   I would love to be totally wrong about all of the above!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

No, the worst case scenario is every team getting 15 technicals this weekend and there not being a SLIAC tournament.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

GU1999

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on November 15, 2019, 05:50:11 PM

No, the worst case scenario is every team getting 15 technicals this weekend and there not being a SLIAC tournament.

Brilliantly brilliant sir.  Respect

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: GU1999 on November 15, 2019, 06:00:27 PM

Brilliantly brilliant sir.  Respect

I mean, I guess WORST case scenario involves fiery bus accidents or a fast-moving airborne plague, but we don't need to go there.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

WUPHF

That is awesome...

By the way, I loved your article on the matter.

I had a good laugh with the idea that the athletic directors needed diversity training to better understand that Iowa Wesleyan is recruiting kids from well outside the region and that soccer is played differently elsewhere and the various implications for basketball.

hopefan

A Hall of Fame Quote!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

WUPHF

Fontbonne was a Cody McKinney three-point shot away from evening the score with Simpson College with 6 seconds left, but to no avail.  Conor Riordan got the rebound and was fouled.  Fontbonne falls 84-79 in a far more respectable result.

GU1999

GU was tied with North Central at 49 in the second half.  Turned the #3 team in the country over 35 times and loses by 19.  with the line at NC -18.5 the home team covers by the hook. 

hopefan

Time to go to bed in the Eastern time zone, but it appears our boys are headed for an 0-fer... a numbe of reasonable performances, but.... we're the SLIAC.....

Depressing for those of us who care a little....

hopefan

Don't worry Pat, I have all the scores if Presto lost them..... ;D ;D ;D

Greek Tragedy

Yeah, some ugly results for the SLIAC.

And so much for spending my morning looking at boxscores! Yikes!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

3:20 Eastern          Every time I look at the scoreboard or at a game stream, things just get worse.....Westmin clobbered...Webster, Spalding, Fontbonne all losing...

wait just saw a score for Blackburn... UW-Lax  35   BC  7     is that football or Basketball?   no hope, it's basketball

Webster beat by Piedmont  -  we have some possibilities out there a little later, but Eureka  better beat Knox or we have a real possibility of negative perfection... signing off til very late tonight...