FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: Raider 68 on May 14, 2013, 04:08:08 PM
Quote from: raiderpa on May 14, 2013, 07:31:46 AM
Congrats to Mount Union athletes, sweeping OAC All-Sports trophies.

Regarding VK, as long as dad is around as a sounding board/advisor, I think he will be fine.  The interesting thing, to me, will be to see if Mount continues the tradition of successful "in-game" adjustments that separated LK from the rest, and was so amazing.

The measure of VK will be three to five years down the road when the whole program is a reflection of him, not dad.  I have confidence that he will be very good. However, nobody is Larry Kehres, and it is terribly unfair to expect Vince, or anyone for that matter, to experience the same success, even if he has the DNA.

I just thankful that I have been able to see and experience the thrill of the ascendence of Mount Union football.

Go Raiders

Have to agree with Raiderpa. Coach V. Kehres will set his own course, but I expect it will be difficult to see the difference from Coach Kehres in the initial years 1-3. It will be the 4th year plus that his style and change start to emerge. Having been in the program he knows how to make the in-game adjustments, the question will be how does learn make those adjustments on the offensive side of the ball.

The Raiders will continue to bring in the talent based upon their history, but to really continue having talent, the program has to remain in the conversation and playoff picture. It is unlikely that any of us will see a coach in Coach Kehres stature for a long time. It is my hope that Coach V. Kehres just builds upon his own coaching success and translates that approach to the entire program. No doubt everyone who follows college football will be watching! :)

I don't see much change in the Defense in the future.  Will be status quo for VK there.  The big difference will be with In-Game Adjustments for the offense.  LK has given up the reigns a few times the past few years on Offense (Bruney and Campbell as OC), only to take over when things weren't going well.  I will be interested to see how Coach Dartt progresses as an OC and if he can make the needed in-game changes to keep the Offense going.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

reality check

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51894787/ns/local_news-phoenix_az/#.UZPsdKLqmEw

Dealing with this at the district I'm coaching in today.  Tough day for coaches and admin.  Luckily most of our student-athletes didn't interact much with the District AD.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

D O.C.

Want to thank Coach Kehres for all he's done for Division III sports.

(I'm a little late to the dance. Been involved with a rare form of cancer of the duodenum and in the hospital for 32 days. DO NOT try one of these at home....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4NJTNLq3xw

Raider 68

Quote from: D O.C. on May 16, 2013, 07:07:30 PM
Want to thank Coach Kehres for all he's done for Division III sports.

(I'm a little late to the dance. Been involved with a rare form of cancer of the duodenum and in the hospital for 32 days. DO NOT try one of these at home....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4NJTNLq3xw

D.O.C.,

All the best to you and wish you well in your battle with cancer! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

Knightstalker

Quote from: Blutarsky on May 10, 2013, 08:43:16 AM
Quote from: Knightstalker on May 10, 2013, 07:57:58 AM
Quote from: desertraider on May 08, 2013, 02:24:19 PM
Wow. The only thing that would have made this "good" news is if he had announced he was taking over the HC job at The United States Military Academy. However, he went out the way anyone would want to - on top and on his own terms. Congrats on a GREAT career and here's to VK - Roll Raiders!

You can't spell "VicKtory" without VK!!

Why take the Army job, you said it above, he wanted to go out on top, not with another loss to Navy.  ;)

As the parent of a West Point grad., and a UMU ROTC grad......was that really necessary?  :)

As a proud old sailor, yes it was, Go Navy, Beat Army!  ;)

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

joelmama

I know it will never happen while he is the AD but...

It is unlikely that any of us will see a coach in Coach Kehres stature for a long time...
How about a statue. ;D

purpled

Larry Kehres Memorial Stadium and a statue!
"You know you're in trouble when...you see the refs tailgating with your opponent's fans." - Paul Fischer

bambord

Purpled,

How about Larry Kehres Stadium - not Larry Kehres Memorial Stadium?  A statue will be fine, tho'.
pt
Quote from: purpled on May 18, 2013, 05:45:23 PM
Larry Kehres Memorial Stadium and a statue!

HScoach

Forget all this talk about statues and stadium names, the perfect way to honor LK is bring home #12 this December.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: HScoach on May 19, 2013, 06:30:57 PM
Forget all this talk about statues and stadium names, the perfect way to honor LK is bring home #12 this December.

Getting #12 will definitely be another great honor for Coach LK, but a statue or naming of the stadium or field would be great as well.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Didn't Mount Union name it "Larry Kehres Field" at Mount Union Stadium a few years ago?
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

joelmama

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on May 20, 2013, 11:04:41 AM
Didn't Mount Union name it "Larry Kehres Field" at Mount Union Stadium a few years ago?
They did but it is time to drop the Mount Union Stadium thing.  How much more could anyone ask before such an honor is bestowed.

reality check

I think you could make a great argument for switching it to Mount Union Field at Larry Kehres Stadium.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

PurpleSuit

I bet you wont see LK Stadium anytime soon,  I'm betting on LK Field at Mount Union Stadium with an LK statue outside.  Can't shut off any potential sponsership rights for stadium rights.  Plus it's been Mount Union Stadium for 100+ years, not gonna change unless a big donor changes it

Raider 68

Quote from: PurpleSuit on May 21, 2013, 12:45:01 PM

I bet you wont see LK Stadium anytime soon,  I'm betting on LK Field at Mount Union Stadium with an LK statue outside.  Can't shut off any potential sponsership rights for stadium rights.  Plus it's been Mount Union Stadium for 100+ years, not gonna change unless a big donor changes it

PurpleSuit,

Actually, the name Mount Union Stadium is not that new in terms of the name. The name was Hartshorn Stadium up until 15-20 years ago. :)
13 time Division III National Champions