Northern Athletics Conference Women's Soccer

Started by WLCALUM83, August 06, 2006, 07:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLCALUM83

3 team race for the last spot between MBBC, Benedictine and WLC.

WLC gets Edgewood at home
Maranatha gets Aurora at home
Benedictine gets Lakeland on the road.

On paper, I go with Benedictine.

(Depends on how long everyone keeps their starters in).

Already in:

Aurora
Concordia, WI
Dominican
Edgewood
Lakeland

Out:  Concordia-Chicago
         Marian
         Alverno
         Rockford

WLCALUM83

10/24 final:

Edgewood 5, WLC 0.  :(  (The Warrior women are done).

libero

MBBC is the better team of the three, but lost to WLC 1-0 while outshooting them 27-7 (or something like that) and tied Alverno 2-2 while outshooting them 38-6 (or so). It pays to finish.

Ben has had an interesting season.
Alverno has come on strong lately. They took Ben to OT last week.

I think MBBC can get in with a win over Aurora. . .not likely.

WLCALUM83

10/25 Finals:

Lakeland 1, Benedictine 0.
Aurora 7, Maranatha 0.

The Eagles get in as the #6 team.

In:  Aurora
      Edgewood
      CUW
      Dominican
      Lakeland
      Benedictine

Jim Matson

Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

WLCALUM83

Hey!! Our conference tournament matchups and times are on d3kicks.com. Nice PR when you can get it, eh? :) ;) :D :) ;) :D :) ;) :D

WLCALUM83

NathCon Tournament final:

Dominican 1, Lakeland 0. (on a 90th minute Myra Camacho goal yet! What a heartbreak!)

CUW 4, Benedictine 0.

libero

Dom has been doing just enough to win all year. No one is taking down Aurora though.

WLCALUM83

NathCon Women's Semi-Final results:

Aurora 3, Dominican 1

CUW 1, Edgewood 0  (2 OT)

CUW vs. Aurora in the final.

WLCALUM83

If Aurora loses the final, does that team still get in?

libero

I think they still have a chance at a bid, but most likely they will not. They have had a good season, but their strength of schedule does not stack up well against a lot of the other schools.

libero

No worries though, AU will win and it won't be close. Edge probably matched up against them the best and now they are out. . .

Jim Matson

I would argue that Aurora's Pool C chances are fairly slim.  4 losses is tough to overcome.  As libero says, they ought to just win and win big.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

libero

The national tourney has increased to 60 teams - 19 pool C bids are in play. AU just might squeak in. I think the soft NAC schedule will end their chances. A final against Edge would have given them a better shot.

1soccer1

Quote from: libero on November 01, 2006, 09:17:18 AM
No worries though, AU will win and it won't be close. Edge probably matched up against them the best and now they are out. . .

Now Libero, you may be right about AU winning, but don't get too ahead of yourself.  As a spectator of all NAC games, dominican had thier chance but it went away, and the game between edgewood and cuw was tough.  Edgewood didn't match up against AU very well the first time they played them, in fact cuw did better against AU than Edgewood did.  (AU:4 vs EC:1 and AU:3 vs CUW:1)  And shown on tuesday, cuw was the better team than edgewood and deserves to be in the championship.  Nothing against anyone on the edgewood team because they have great players on the team, but in the end CUW came out on top, especially since they only played each other only 10 days earlier.  It was a tough conference for the top 4-5 teams in the NAC, but the two teams in the championship game deserve to be there.  Good luck to both teams!!!