FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raiderpa

How much did Mr. Rowan give to Glassboro State to change its name?  I recall several million...

rscl70

Quote from: purple on July 14, 2020, 10:50:41 PM
   My experience is about 500 jury trials, 40 years of practice,  criminal defense, criminal prosecution, civil plaintiffs counsel and civil defendants counsel.
   Ignorant is too kind a word for your description of how our legal system works. Register to vote, perhaps you will be called to jury duty, and then you will see ordinary citizens doing their level best to follow the law, be fair to both sides and come up with correct verdict. Our system is the only system in the world that trusts ordinary citizens, from all walks of life, to do the right thing . It's why The United States is the greatest country in the world and why our system is the most respected in the world.

I have been a juror in a trial in which Purple was the defense attorney.  All I can say is, if I were in trouble, I would want him on my side.  (His client was found not guilty by the way.}
12-0 = 13

HScoach

Quote from: rscl70 on July 15, 2020, 07:39:36 AM
   My experience is about 500 jury trials, 40 years of practice,  criminal defense, criminal prosecution, civil plaintiffs counsel and civil defendants counsel.
   Ignorant is too kind a word for your description of how our legal system works. Register to vote, perhaps you will be called to jury duty, and then you will see ordinary citizens doing their level best to follow the law, be fair to both sides and come up with correct verdict. Our system is the only system in the world that trusts ordinary citizens, from all walks of life, to do the right thing . It's why The United States is the greatest country in the world and why our system is the most respected in the world.

I have been a juror in a trial in which Purple was the defense attorney.  All I can say is, if I were in trouble, I would want him on my side.  (His client was found not guilty by the way.}

I've been called to jury duty multiple times from Alliance court to Stark County and it's quite an experience.  Have been dismissed from the pool more times than I've made the actual jury but all have been educational.  Wouldn't want any part of a big, long trial but I've been lucky enough to only sit on short stuff that gets completed in 1 day.

My most interesting jury service was a kid fighting a drunk driving arrest in Alliance muni court under Judge Lavery.  Was a day well spent.

Closest I ever was to being sucked into a drawn out fight was a lawsuit between a contractor and car dealership over a breach of contract.  I was the first person dismissed by the plaintiff's attorney and based on the reaction of the defense lawyers I was on their cut list too.  I assume neither side wanted a former plumber now a licensed civil engineer with construction and contract language experience on the jury.  I figured one side would be cutting me, but never expected both. 

For those that continue every use every creative reason for getting out of jury service, I would recommend not doing so the next time you get summoned.  In my opinion it's something that every American should experience. 
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

purple

Raiderpa....I saw an interview with Henry Rowan. He donated $100,000,000.00 (One Hundred Million dollars).
  He indicated his principal interest was the Engineering School.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: HScoach on July 15, 2020, 05:36:19 PM
Quote from: rscl70 on July 15, 2020, 07:39:36 AM

I've been called to jury duty multiple times from Alliance court to Stark County and it's quite an experience.  Have been dismissed from the pool more times than I've made the actual jury but all have been educational.  Wouldn't want any part of a big, long trial but I've been lucky enough to only sit on short stuff that gets completed in 1 day.

My most interesting jury service was a kid fighting a drunk driving arrest in Alliance muni court under Judge Lavery.  Was a day well spent.

Closest I ever was to being sucked into a drawn out fight was a lawsuit between a contractor and car dealership over a breach of contract.  I was the first person dismissed by the plaintiff's attorney and based on the reaction of the defense lawyers I was on their cut list too.  I assume neither side wanted a former plumber now a licensed civil engineer with construction and contract language experience on the jury.  I figured one side would be cutting me, but never expected both. 

For those that continue every use every creative reason for getting out of jury service, I would recommend not doing so the next time you get summoned.  In my opinion it's something that every American should experience.

I've been called for jury duty twice.

Once was a drug trial in Summit County. Defendant had drugs delivered via USPS. They found it in transit and set up a sting. Defendants girlfriend signed for the package (she signed "Betty White").

Ended up a hung jury. Girlfriend testified against the defendant and some in jury didn't believe her.

The other time I was an alternate in Pasco County FL. Plaintiff was suing Red Lobster because they drove over a curb into a drainage ditch. They were claiming there should've been a guard rail. I wasn't needed so never got to see the results.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Dr. Acula

Not sure if this was already posted in the past, but according to Mount's twitter account DJ Harvey is back at WR this season.  That'll be a nice bonus to have his productivity and experience in the WR group.  691 yds, 20.3 YPC, 12 TD last season.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: Dr. Acula on July 21, 2020, 05:50:03 PM
Not sure if this was already posted in the past, but according to Mount's twitter account DJ Harvey is back at WR this season.  That'll be a nice bonus to have his productivity and experience in the WR group.  691 yds, 20.3 YPC, 12 TD last season.

Was he injured last year?
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on July 21, 2020, 10:01:57 PM

Was he injured last year?

No, he started all 12 games last season.  He spent his first two years at Savannah St. so my assumption is he red shirted his first year so he has a 5th year available?

hsbsballcoach7

I saw that Harvey was on, what seems to be, a media guide picture. I thought it was a mistake at first.
https://twitter.com/MountUnionFB/status/1270371490899222531?s=09
If there's a season, I think this offense could be very fun to watch. I really liked Harvey at WR, but with Justin Hill, he didn't get as many targets. With Harvey, Ruby and Reed, I could see 3 800 yard receivers and Petro going over 1,000, barring injury.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on July 22, 2020, 01:50:10 PM

I saw that Harvey was on, what seems to be, a media guide picture. I thought it was a mistake at first.
https://twitter.com/MountUnionFB/status/1270371490899222531?s=09
If there's a season, I think this offense could be very fun to watch. I really liked Harvey at WR, but with Justin Hill, he didn't get as many targets. With Harvey, Ruby and Reed, I could see 3 800 yard receivers and Petro going over 1,000, barring injury.

The thing Harvey brings that I liked is physicality.  He's 200 lbs and he plays like every bit of it.  I'd think Harvey and Ruby are pretty much sure things to start.  After that Reed if he can hopefully stay healthy is a nice option, but I thought Jordan Lee looked pretty good as a freshman last year too.  And Kirchner will be in the mix in the slot too.  Any time you're breaking in a new QB it's an exciting year and adding in some fresh faces at WR is going to be fun too.

HScoach

I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

formerd3db

I expect to hear the same from the MIAA at any time now. Also, there are rumors that FCS, Div II will follow Div III in doing the same.☹️
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

MUC57

OAC'ers and Purple Raider fans in particular

This board is dead. Let's get a little discussion going.

What are your thoughts on the ramifications of the OAC cancelling sports until December 31?
Possible areas of discussion could include:

1. Spring football?
     2. Athletes staying out for a semester? A year?
     3. Act like nothing happened, I.e., forget football?
     4. Transfer to a school that might be playing football?
     5. Move to Mexico and watch soccer, oops,  Futbol?

There are probably more things to talk about but you guys can figure them out!

And this a year when The Stagg Bowl is at The Pro Football Hall of Fame - 18 miles from my house.
And Mount with a new coach, some good recruits and an overall good team.

Excuse me now while I pour a Bud Light and try to drown my sorrows over a lost season. 🍺 😢
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Pat Coleman

MUC57 -- I think a month ago someone might have considered transferring to a school which was going to play this fall, but that would have been a fool's errand. Nobody is going to play this fall.

I'll be interested to see how many participate in actual spring competition. I suspect we see a lot of very short schedules, like 2-3 games. But that would be fun to follow.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

MUC57

Pat

Thanks for kicking off the discussion. Your points, as always, are right on.
I hope some others join in! 🏈 🎓 🍺
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠