MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan Bright

EagleSlam...thanks for the vocab lesson but I believe the term sleeper applies to HSC as a No.1 pick in the conference race.
JWW...when I referenced the esteemed Mssrs. Loesel and Steely, I was not referring to their time on this board but to their time on this earth!

Scottie Too Hottie

"I believe the term sleeper applies to HSC as a No.1 pick in the conference race." As does my sleeper pick of LC.

Ashby Tarkington

Algernon,
I have heard that Davis Boone may have left HSC.  I am not positive, but he may be the other player.

Scottie,  
I did not give LC any respect in the rankings because I feel that other than BC they are the only team to really lose a lot of key players.  I picked BC higher because I know what is coming into BC and I do not know anything about the LC recruits.

steelyglen

Stan...cannot speak for my esteemed colleague to my northwest...but let's be careful where we go in regards to my time on this earth...I am not as old as I feel or look...wait a minute, maybe I am!Ah hell, nevermind! Sweetheart, pass the Geritol will ya?

the sleeper

Scottie,  

I see that you have LC over LU as your predictions for this year. Do you really think Liberty is going to give LC  a chance after the near loss they had against Shenandoah last year. I think Shenandoah pretty much mess up your chance. Oh Guilford is my sleeper team this year.Don't know who they have coming in but i know Coach Palambo will have his team ready.

Scottie Too Hottie

By the way, I have breaking news/rumor on an ODAC second teamer that could change the course of a team's season. My source is currently anonymous, but when I find out who it is I'll post the news on the board without the sources name (he said he would like me not to reveal his name).

LU loses David Dees. Lu loses leo lightbourne. Two thirs of their best players right there. They lose Elijah Miller, a 6'10" kid they were expecting to play a lot this year. They keep Larry Blair and Brian Woodson. After them two they don't have much else. Even with their three best players they lost to some BAD teams in New Hampshire (who was just 3-12 in away games) at Western Carolina (8-22 record), had to go to OT to beat Shenandoah (who would be a bad D1 team), slaughtered by High Point (13-18), Radford (12-16 overall), and VMI (9-18 overall and 6-7 at home). If you look at their schedule, you'll notice that they were 2-10 in non-conference games and couldnt get a winning streak of at least two games going until they started play in their weak conference. LU couldn't  beat quite a few bad D1 teams that a lot of D3 teams could beat, and they are going to get worse next year, so LC beating LU is realistic.

(Message edited by mybleedinghands on August 11, 2005)

algernon

Ashby - Last year, the Tigers had 4 good inside men in Lewek, Bowne, Cvijanovich, and Kaase.  The latter two return as sophomores and should be much improved as second-year men.  Plus, I understand that the Tigers have recruited a big and strong 6'8" international student, so I think the Tigers will be improved on the inside this coming year, whether or not Bowne returns.

Prehmus returns as a sophomore after a superb freshman season and Matt Guill returns at point after a stand-out season when he just got better and better all season long.  The Tigers also will return Mike Edwards, Matt Green, Kevin Forrester, and Tyler Murray, so they have a very strong group of returnees.

Scottie Too Hottie

Jim Loesel,
I have received a request from Mr. Albright requesting a copy of the post I made stating all of the records that could be broken this year by Andy Albiright and the rest of the LC cast. E-Mail me back so I can give you his email address (because I don't want to post it for the rest of the world to see, fans can be nasty these days).

Scottie Too Hottie

A former teammate of Genaro Lawhorn told me that he was told by his coaches that it probably wouldn't be in his best interest to play. He was NOT told that he couldn't play and he was NOT kicked off the team. The source says that he isn't sure what he's going to do, but his teammates want him to come back so he might play. The reason, as I've been told, has to deal with his growth in his religion and wating to put God first.

Genaro,
I can't give out my source. My source firmly told me that if I were to post this that I couldn't tell who it was. But, is there any truth to this?

Genaro Lawhorn

this is an in house issue, granted it was let out, but i decided it would be better to handle it as such!!!

(Message edited by mr_divac on August 11, 2005)

the sleeper

Whatever decision you make Genaro; I know it will be the right one for you. Just pray about it. Scottie I see you are trying to the next reporter of everything in the ODAC I see. Is that what you want to be in life?

Scottie Too Hottie

Sleeper,
No. The guy just emailed me the info out of no where , so I just decided to post it.

Stan Bright

Steely...I apologize for the "namecalling". It's just my impetuous youth getting the best of me!

John W. Warren

Today is Jeremey Marks' last day at Vriginia Wesleyan College. He recruited Peter and promised to stay until #44 was done. He's a great teacher of the game, a good player himself and not a bad golfer either. He's going on to ODU where he'll be a student again, a teacher and an intern for the basketball team. Here's to you, Jeremey. Thanks for everything. You will be missed, I guarantee it.

Hampton U SID

amen there JWW...a good man who will be missed by VWC