Hoopsville: Division III Basketball's Talk Show

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, January 07, 2011, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gleich

Quote from: KnightSlappy on November 15, 2015, 06:14:01 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 15, 2015, 05:44:53 PM
I will have to look into that... not sure where to find it to be honest.

I think you can grab it for the Hoopsville feed in your SoundCloud settings. I found this link:

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1197932-how-do-i-find-my-rss-feed-

(I like listening at work the next day if I missed the show and being able to download directly on my phone helps  :) )

Yes, this.

I would like to do the same thing. This is (essentially) what I was looking for with our twitter exchange last week.

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 15, 2015, 06:46:40 PM
I usually just make the link available under the video link in each show... not sure where I would put the RSS.

It would likely just be a link... and I'd think you would put it here!  :D
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Sooooo....

I just submitted it to iTunes (again - I swear I did this last year and it went no where) and it seemed to go through with no problems. I will keep an eye out to see when it posts. In the meantime, I am reading up more on the RSS and such to see if I can add links to the Hoopsville home page for SoundCloud and iTunes podcast information.

Thank you for at least pointing me in the right direction, a direction I thought I had gone in last year and ran into a brick wall instead. I will update you when I get more information!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hoopsville is on the air NOW!

We aren't even a week into the new season and there is already plenty to talk about. Thursday night on Hoopsville, Dave talks to the new women's basketball committee chair, previews a rare D1 at D3 game, takes a look at the 4th Annual Hoopsville National Invitational Classic at Stevenson University, plus much more in an extended edition of the show.

Guests include:
- Keri Carollo, UW-Whitewater Head Coach and NCAA Women's Basketball Committee Chair
- Joe Cassidy, Rowan men
- John Giannini, La Salle men and former Rowan coach
- Gary Stewart, Stevenson men
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com Mid-Atlantic columnist

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
SoundCloud (podcast): www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

AND our podcast as been approved for iTunes!!! You should be able to find it... but here is a link, just in case: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hoopsville returns from the Thanksgiving break with plenty to cover.

The season has certainly started with a lot of stuff. Rule changes, upsets, hot and cold starts, and more. That's why we added more Hoopsville shows to start the season! Tonight, we talk to some who have started hot, those with high expectations, and preview the final Wendy's Classic.

Hoopsville hits the air at 7pm ET tonight!

Guests include:
- Mike Daley, Wendy's Classic Director and former Nazareth men's coach
- Keith Bunkenburg, Benedictine men's coach
- Greg Mitchell, No. 16 Hope men's coach
- Abby Pyzik Smith, Lynchburg women's coach

AND our podcast as been approved for iTunes!!! You should be able to find it... but here is a link, just in case: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hello? Is this thing on? Anyone here... reading this? Don't make me disconnect the podcast RSS and iTunes connections to get you guys to speak up again! LOL

Nearly three weeks into the college basketball season and there is plenty to talk about. Conference action is also starting for many programs while others are still getting up to speed in their out-of-conference schedules. On the women's side, not a lot of upsets; on the men's side, no one seems safe to an unforeseen loss. Tonight on Hoopsville, Dave talks to several teams who are still working off last season's success and battling expectations this season and others who may quietly change the conversation in their regions.

Hoopsville hits the air at 7PM ET - www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/dec3

Guests include:
- Mike Miller, Messiah women's coach
- Nancy Fahey, No. 11 Washington Univ. women's coach
- Stephen Brennan, No. 11 Babson men's coach
- Mike DeWitt, No. 6 Ohio Wesleyan's men's coach

KnightSlappy

I can confirm that the podcast feed now does show up when searching for Hoopsville. I haven't been able to listen live yet this year, but I've been able to listen to them all the following day.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Teams are finally settling into the season, but that doesn't mean things have gotten easier. Tonight on Hoopsville, Dave returns from the Wendy's Classic where he talked to those who helped wrap up the historic tournament. He also chats with those showing heir strength early in the campaign and pulling off upsets.

Hoopsville hits the air at 7PM ET! www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/dec6

Guests include (in order):

- Guy Kalland, Carleton men's coach
- Bob Quillman, Central Region Reporter
- Jimmy Smith, Texas Lutheran men's coach
- Anthony Ewing, No. 10 Univ. of New England women's coach
- Scott Hemer, SUNY Geneseo women's coach
- Luke Flockerzi, Rochester men's coach
- J.C. DeLass, East Region Reporter

John Gleich

Quote from: KnightSlappy on December 06, 2015, 06:33:40 PM
I can confirm that the podcast feed now does show up when searching for Hoopsville. I haven't been able to listen live yet this year, but I've been able to listen to them all the following day.

I'm in the same two boats... it's available but I have not been...  Thanks for updating the feed!
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I am just thrilled to hear that it is appearing, it is searchable, and you guys are enjoying it... I don't dock points for not watching live... thus why we got those podcasts back up and running. I plan to update the Hoopsville main page to show how to get those a bit easier and such.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

There are many teams right now asking everyone, have you noticed us? Big wins, great starts, record beginnings. Tonight on Hoopsville, Dave talks to those who are off to tremendous starts which may not have been noticed... yet.

Hoopsville hits the air at 7pm ET - tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/dec10

- Mike Moran, No. 11 John Carroll men's coach
- Greg Curley, Juniata men's coach
- Margaret White, Ursinus women's coach
- Cindy Holbrook, UW-River Falls women's coach
- Tim Grosz, Northwestern (Minn.) men's coach

This is the last Thursday edition of Hoopsville before the holiday break (also due to D3football.com coverage of Gagliardi Trophy and Stagg Bowl next week). The Thursday edition of the show will return January 7, 2016.

AND our podcast as been approved for iTunes!!! Just search for it or follow it via this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

As we close in on the holiday break, many teams have made some significant moves in the early part of the season. Tonight on Hoopsville, Dave talks to teams who find themselves in good position before some time off, but can they keep up the momentum?

Watch Hoopsville LIVE at 7pm ET: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/dec13

- Michelle Ferenz, Whitman women's coach
- Keith Mondillo, Gwynedd Mercy women's coach
- Jamie Benton, Johnson and Wales men's coach
- Page Moir, Roanoke men's coach

AND our podcast as been approved for iTunes!!! Just search for it or follow it via this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hoopsville returns to the air after the holidays with plenty to talk about. Dave McHugh talks with coaches whose teams made some statements over the holidays. They include Wartburg and Capital women's programs along with the No. 17 Susquehanna men's program. You will also hear from a few coaches at this year's D3hoops.com Classic.

Watch Hoopsville LIVE at 7pm ET: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/jan3

- Bob Amsberry, Wartburg women's coach
- Dixie Jeffers, Capital's women's coach
- Frank Marcinek, No. 17 Susquehanna's men's coach

D3hoops.com Classic Interviews:
- UW-Stout's Eddie Andrist
- Calvin's Kevin Vande Streek
- possibly more

You can tune into the podcast after the show airs here::
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

And don't forget you can always interact with us: