WIAC in-game updates board

Started by Pat Coleman, June 23, 2008, 02:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Starting a new board for the 2008 season.

This is for people to post running updates on games in progress. Remember, the D3football.com Scoreboard also provides scores of games in progress when schools provide them to us or to PrestoSports.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

BoBo

Well, the season is underway for UWW, but wouldn't you know it, the audio broadcast isn't working...anybody else have this problem?

Live stats is working for me here

Warhawks take an early 7-0 lead over NAIA St. Xavier on a 12 plays, 60 yard drive taking 4:52, scoring on a  1  yard pass from Jeff Donovan to Nick Slupski to open the season.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

UWW ups their lead to 14-0 on the strength of a 20 yard INT return for TD by Jeremy Diebert.

2:16 remaining in 1st quarter.

SXU is rated #8 in the latest NAIA  poll and was a NAIA quarterfinalist last year and semi-finalist 2 years ago.

The warhawks tack on 3 following another INT to open the second quarter scoring.  Now lead 17-0 early in 2nd quarter.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

SXU begins to show some life as they drive 66 yards in 8 plays, but the drive stalls at the UWW 6.  They settle for a 23 yard FG with 2:56 remaining in the half.

UWW 17, SXU 3
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

End of the first half in Whitewater, the score remains UWW 17 SXU 3.

Observations:

After the opening drive where UWW went 60 yards to score the first TD of the season, they have struggled offensively.  They finish the half with only 99 total yards.  Two SXU turnovers, both INT, have UWW out to the 14 point lead.  After a slow start, SXU QB Anthony Kropp has gone 11-21-2-141 and has been rather effective with medium range passes.  The UWW running game started freshman Levell Coppage (6-14) as the replacement for Justin Beaver. Sophomore Antwan Anderson (5-4) took over in the 2nd quarter.  Other than QB Jeff Donovan's 12 yard run on the first play from scrimmage, the longest run has been 4 yards.  Not what the Warhawk fans are used to seeing. SXU ends the half with 166 total yards (run 25, pass 141).  The score is in UWW's favor, but SXU is showing they have some fight in them.  I look forward to an interesting 2nd half.

If someone is out there and is getting the audio, let me know...mine still isn't working.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

This $ucks, now the live stats is going haywire, too.  Jeez...
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BDB

From the NWC board, Stout wins 13-10 in OT.

BoBo

Oshkosh wins in another nail biter, beating Ripon College 14-13.

Ripon elected to go for a potential game-winning, two-point conversion after finishing off an eight-play, 41-yard touchdown drive with 44 seconds left in the contest. On a QB keeper, the UW-Oshkosh defense held strong to keep the Red Hawks from winning the game (or al least taking the lead with very little time remaining).  Gutsy move by Ripon, going for the win when a successful PAT puts them in OT.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

Stevens Point was outgained 253-177 in total offense, but it was the Pointers who made a key defensive stop in the final minutes and came away with a 23-21 win over Webber International (Florida).
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

D O.C.

HSU just tied LAX 21 - 21 with about 9 left in the 4th.
LAX was up 21-0 under a minute in the 3rd.

BoBo

Could it be déjà vu all over again?

My live stats froze just before the HSU uprising...for you too D.O.C.?
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

D O.C.

No, I was listening to HSU radio cast.

HSU field goal with 3 seconds left to win it 24-23.

BoBo

Eau Claire appears to be leading Bethel College in Tennessee 11-6 in the 4th quarter. 

Well, now it's showing it as a final.  11-6 UWEC.

Two 1st quarter safeties gave the Blugolds a 4-0 half-time lead.
Each team scored a rushing TD in the second half.  Bethel failed to execute the PAT for the final score.  EC has 219 total yards to 195 for Bethel.

Eau Claire also held a 2 to 1 advantage in TOP.

Sartorelli led UWEC in rushing with 26 carries for 102 yards and their only TD.  Paulson was 6 for 16 passing for 51 yards but no INT's.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

First half come to an end in Eau Claire.  Whitewater leads on the strength of 2 Jeff Schebler FG's (35, 30), 6-0.

Levell Coppage 16 rushes 91 yards leads the Warhawks; Cory Sartorelli, 15 for 77 leads the way for EC. 

The QB's: Jeff Donovan 10/16 70 yards and Kyle Paulson 7/17 61 yards.

I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

footballfan413

Hey, BoBo, found the board.  I was hanging on the WIAC board and very lonely.
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU