BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShineTime

At least the Pointers pulled off the huge upset today and won in 12. Is Platteville going to the World Series this year or are the Pointers really not even good enough to win the high school d1 title?
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

badgerwarhawk

WARHAWKS sophomore lefty Matt O'Sullivan no hit Platteville in today's 10 run rule shortened second game.  O'Sullivan struck out 9 and walked just a single batter.  The WARHAWKS won both games 15-2 and 12-0 finishing the season series 4-0. 

Platteville does not appear headed to the World Series.  ;)
"Just think twice is my only advice."

cubs

Interesting to see that after going close to ten years without a "no-hitter," the WIAC has had three separate pitchers accomplish the task just this season, against three different opponents (Finlandia, Concordia-Chicago, and Platteville.)
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

bleedpurple

Hawks have won 13 in a row, outscoring opponents 152-22 in that stretch. Now four big ones coming up this weekend at UW-L.

ShineTime

Well let's hear some opinions on who will be head coach for UWSP next year. Several seasons of mediocrity and now just embarrassing all the way around. I would assume that the athletic director and other people involved in the hiring process realize they need to start completely over and get someone who can recruit and immediately before more damage is done. To go from a program that consistently was top 25 in the nation to losing to Finladia and being dominated by Platteville speaks for itself. Like someone stated earlier this year the coach really thought their staff would be good with stodola as their ace? Their are guys getting innings that high school teams would knock around. Other than a few players I'm not sure any of the others would've even made the team when point had their long stretch of being very good. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong that bloom leaving wouldn't hurt the program too much now I'm guessing if someone could pay him enough to come back they would.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

If I have it figured out correctly, if UWO splits with Platteville the first weekend in May, they clinch a berth in the WIAC Tournament. 

That would put them at 12-12, and the best Stout can finish is 12-12.  Since the two teams split their four game series, UWO's victory over 1st Place Whitewater would give them the spot at this point.  (That could change however if La Crosse would take three out of four this weekend and leapfrog Whitewater in the standings.  In that case, Stout would get the tiebreaker due to their victory over La Crosse, while UWO was swept by the Eagles.)

Assuming Platteville sweeps Finlandia this weekend, a split against UWO would also secure a spot for the Pioneers as well.

You can be fairly certain Whitewater and La Crosse will be the #1 and #2 seed, with two of UWO/Platteville/Stout being the #3 and #4 seed.  At this point, I would lean towards UWO as the #3 and Platteville as the #4.

bleedpurple

Game one of series:
UW-W 14
UW-L   3
(7 innings run rule)

The train keeps rolling.

bleedpurple

Game 2

UW-W  10
UW-L   11

Eagles come back from deficits of 5-0 after 3 and 10-7 after 7 to get the win.

cubs

Stout defeats UWSP again to improve to 11-12.  Another win in the nightcap to finish at 12-12 would put a little pressure on both Platteville and UWO for their series this weekend.

La Crosse knocks off Whitewater 2-1 in an awesome pitcher's duel between Pronchinske and Kaska.  Both throw CG's and combine for 23 K's and just one walk on the afternoon.  A win by La Crosse in the nightcap would tie them atop the standings with Whitewater but give them the all important series win if the teams finished in a tie after next weekend's games.

ShineTime

Is it possible Points not giving maximum effort in hopes of getting a new coach? Embarrassing at this point would be a nice way to describe the season.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Well entering the final weekend of WIAC play, here is where things stand:

1.  Whitewater- Following their four game split with La Crosse, they will clinch the #1 seed and the right to host the WIAC Tournament if they take three out of four from UWSP this weekend.  If they split, it would come down to tiebreakers if La Crosse sweeps Finlandia. In that case they would need Platteville to do no better than split with UWO this weekend and they would still earn the #1 seed and right to host.
2.  La Crosse-Assuming they sweep the four game series from Finlandia, La Crosse would need Stevens Point to split with Whitewater this weekend AND have UWO win three out of four this weekend against Platteville to earn the right to host the WIAC Tournament.
3.  Platteville-Needs to split with UWO to secure the #3 seed for the WIAC Tournament.  Winning one out of four would give them the #4 seed as they would win the tiebreaker with Stout by virtue of winning the season series with the Blue Devils three games to one.
4.  UWO-Needs to win three out of four to secure the #3 seed for the WIAC Tournament.  A split would give them the #4 seed as they would win the tiebreaker over Stout (beat Whitewater once while Stout lost all four.)  Winning just one of four this weekend would leave them on the outside looking in.
5.  Stout-Needs Platteville to either win three out of four OR UWO to sweep Platteville this weekend to earn the #4 seed in the WIAC Tournament.  Any other outcome and Stout would miss out on a WIAC Tournament bid.

cubs

Well if you're Stout, you're hoping Platteville can win two out of the last three against UWO after the Pioneers hang a 14-spot in the fifth inning on their way to a 16-3 victory over UWO and Treml in Game #1  of their four game weekend series.

La Crosse is well on their way to a DH sweep over Finlandia today and Whitewater hangs on for a 7-6 victory over UWSP in the opener of their four game series.

cubs

Well Platteville takes UWO out behind the woodshed again in Game #2, as they win by mercy rule once again, 11-0. UWO musters just one hit in the contest.

La Crosse finished off a DH sweep of Finlandia with a 15-3 victory in the nightcap.

Whitewater on their way to a DH sweep of Stevens Point as they lead 10-2 in the 8th inning.

cubs

Quote from: cubs on April 08, 2019, 11:48:05 AM
Am interested to see what how the Stout and Platteville series against Stevens Point and UWO play out this year....  Based on what I have seen early this season, it wouldn't shock me to see BOTH Stevens Point and UWO miss the WIAC Tournament this year.

Would I bet on it?  Not at all, but it sure feels like the gap between those four teams has gotten MUCH smaller over the past few seasons.  UWO helped their cause winning the series finale against Whitewater this weekend (to avoid a four game sweep) but once you get past Treml I'm not sure they have the pitching depth to win a WIAC four game series other than against Finlandia.
Like I was saying... Nice to be right every once in awhile!!!

badgerwarhawk

No Point, no Oshkosh, the conference tournament will have a different look this year.

WARHAWKS beat Concordia-Wisconsin 10-5 today. 

Aldridge's second hit, a single, set a program record for total hits at 249.  His first hit, a home run, pulled him to within one of trying the career home run record of 49. 

The win was head coach John Vodenlich's 600th career win 

"Just think twice is my only advice."