D3soccer.com > Men's soccer

2022 D3 Men's Soccer National Perspective

(1/182) > >>

PaulNewman:
These are some brutal months to wade through while waiting for my team to have a stellar season and get bounced in the round of 32.

Another Mom:
I agree, although I hope my team doesn't get bounced :-)

Remind me when the schedules are released? I cannot wait for the season to begin!!

Anyone want to talk about spring training, or where players will be playing over the summer? It will come as no surprise to say that W&L focused on it's defense/back line this Spring,  since both centerbacks are graduating.  My son tells me it's sorted :-)

Ejay:
We received fall schedule at Senior Night a month ago, though I don't suspect it will be published online until August. Excited for play-day this weekend, although my kid is nursing an injury so I'm not sure he's playing.  Will be fun to watch live soccer again though!

PaulNewman:
Paul Newman's Own Super-Myopic Too Early to Know Preseason Preview Non-NESCAC Top 10

1) W&L
2) North Park
3) Kenyon
4) Chicago
5) Messiah

With decreasing confidence level...

6) Montclair St
7) OWU
8) Cortland St
9) Wash U
10) Trinity (TX)

It is difficult to project returning rosters on multiple teams without a lot of digging.  You first have to check if players listed as seniors last year already exhausted their four years or whether they have a year remaining.  For those who have a year left you then have to know whether they are coming back.  Returning for that last year no doubt in general is easier for schools where players can do a graduate year, but for schools without graduate programs the players have had a couple of years to delay graduation if they chose to do so. 

There are a number of teams that would be great to get a preview on for those who know.  Calvin comes to mind...a typical Calvin team this year or down just a little?  What about Emory?  Hardly anyone ever talks about the Eagles.  Oneonta?  F&M?  Wash College?  Hopkins?  Trinity (TX) with a typical squad or projected to be stronger or weaker?  Redlands and C-M-S?  NYU?  John Carroll?  Otterbein?  Can Travis Wall at St Olaf duplicate or exceed last year's surprise stellar campaign?  Rowan?  North Central?  Rochester?  Christopher Newport?

We could use some regional/conference expert breakdowns of UAA, NJAC, Centennial, and Liberty.

Kuiper:

--- Quote from: PaulNewman on August 17, 2022, 10:10:41 am ---Paul Newman's Own Super-Myopic Too Early to Know Preseason Preview Non-NESCAC Top 10

1) W&L
2) North Park
3) Kenyon
4) Chicago
5) Messiah

With decreasing confidence level...

6) Montclair St
7) OWU
8) Cortland St
9) Wash U
10) Trinity (TX)

It is difficult to project returning rosters on multiple teams without a lot of digging.  You first have to check if players listed as seniors last year already exhausted their four years or whether they have a year remaining.  For those who have a year left you then have to know whether they are coming back.  Returning for that last year no doubt in general is easier for schools where players can do a graduate year, but for schools without graduate programs the players have had a couple of years to delay graduation if they chose to do so. 

There are a number of teams that would be great to get a preview on for those who know.  Calvin comes to mind...a typical Calvin team this year or down just a little?  What about Emory?  Hardly anyone ever talks about the Eagles.  Oneonta?  F&M?  Wash College?  Hopkins?  Trinity (TX) with a typical squad or projected to be stronger or weaker?  Redlands and C-M-S?  NYU?  John Carroll?  Otterbein?  Can Travis Wall at St Olaf duplicate or exceed last year's surprise stellar campaign?  Rowan?  North Central?  Rochester?  Christopher Newport?

We could use some regional/conference expert breakdowns of UAA, NJAC, Centennial, and Liberty.

--- End quote ---

I don't have any connection to Redlands to know who is returning, but I thought its non-conference schedule is a step up from recent years, suggesting the coaches think they will be up to the task and/or that they want to improve their strength of schedule.  They are playing Calvin and Hope away and hosting Montclair State.  SCIAC holds them back on strength of schedule with every team playing each other twice, leaving little room for non-conference games that can improve a school's RPI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version