The Basketball Tournament

Started by Greek Tragedy, June 06, 2018, 03:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

https://thetournament.com

Apparently this thing is real and aside from the D3 team taking on a UCLA alumni team, I checked out the pod that will be playing an hour away from me in Milwaukee. I really don't know if I'll make it down, but it would be interesting just to see how many people actually show up to watch. It does help that one of the teams is basically made up of Marquette alumni.

I'm in Big 10 country, so I checked out Big X's roster and it included Duncan Robinson and Wesleyan's Harry Rafferty.

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yeah ... it's real ... thus why Pat and I have been tweeting and retweeting the team news and voting stuff. And why Pat was willing to let Mike post updates and fundraising efforts on the boards. LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on June 06, 2018, 03:58:58 PM
Yeah ... it's real ... thus why Pat and I have been tweeting and retweeting the team news and voting stuff. And why Pat was willing to let Mike post updates and fundraising efforts on the boards. LOL

I don't tweet. ;D
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We've posted it on Facebook and on the front page of D3hoops.com as well. :)

And again... the boards. LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on June 06, 2018, 03:26:36 PM
https://thetournament.com

Apparently this thing is real and aside from the D3 team taking on a UCLA alumni team, I checked out the pod that will be playing an hour away from me in Milwaukee. I really don't know if I'll make it down, but it would be interesting just to see how many people actually show up to watch. It does help that one of the teams is basically made up of Marquette alumni.

I'm in Big 10 country, so I checked out Big X's roster and it included Duncan Robinson and Wesleyan's Harry Rafferty.

I foresee the Greek conducting a fantasy draw for the tourney. ::)

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Handful of other D3 guys playing or coaching at TBT according to the rosters posted. I may not have gotten all of them though...

Queens Struggle
John Ballesteros - SUNY Oneonta/Lehman
Scotty McRae - SUNY - Albany
Xavier Thomas - Plattsburgh St

Tampa 20/20
Kristian Clarkson - Widener

Dubois Dream
Abert Varacello - W&J
Reavel Moore - Albright
Ari Stern - Wooster

South Jamaica Kings
Iyolia Agho - NYU
Ike Iwu - CUNY - York
Charles Jones - SUNY-Old Westbury

Talladega Knights
Ray Chang - Union

Big X
Harry Rafferty - Wesleyan
Duncan Robinson - Williams/Michigan
Tell White - Endicott (Assistant Coach)

Peoria All-Stars
Willie Williams - Eureka
Ben Friday - Monmouth

DC on Point
Dele Ojo - Pfeiffer
Reginald Sims - Eastern Mennonite

Eberlein Drive
Jacob Hirehmann - JCU

Mid American Unity
Connor Huth - Valley Forge

Team Fancy
Griffin Taylor - Alfred

D3
Joey Flannery - Babson
Jeff Gibbs - Otterbein
Ted Hinnenkamp - Dickinson
Johnathan Ivey - Brockport
Lucas Johnson - Benedictine
Ty Sabin - Ripon
Ben Strong - Guilford
Aaron Toomey - Amherst
Jaqhawn Walters - Albertus Magnus
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Pat Coleman

Thanks for going through this list -- Albany hasn't been D-III since the mid-1990s, and Ojo played for Pfeiffer as a D-II team, but good list.

Glad to see Iwu is still playing!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Pat Coleman on June 16, 2018, 12:57:41 PM

From now on, I'm going to call you "Chuck". ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 16, 2018, 03:46:40 PM

Is this where I mention learning about the 1997 national title in the alumni magazine? Or is this where we talk about barely making the CCIW tournament and running the table to win the baseball national championship? I need to know!
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Pat Coleman on June 16, 2018, 07:34:03 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 16, 2018, 03:46:40 PM

Is this where I mention learning about the 1997 national title in the alumni magazine? Or is this where we talk about barely making the CCIW tournament and running the table to win the baseball national championship? I need to know!

I prefer the story of taking a bike ride with the wife instead of watching one of the best endings to a National Championship game...ever. I mean, why watch the National Championship game if your team loses in the semis. You only drove 15 hours.  ;D :P :o
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

LOL. I have to stop picking on Chuck so much ... but the Ike Iwu reference was too good a setup to let pass.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 16, 2018, 10:59:07 PM
LOL. I have to stop picking on Chuck so much ... but the Ike Iwu reference was too good a setup to let pass.

It's OK - I'm a big boy.

And I agree that the Iwu reference was irresistible - I just couldn't come up with a response I liked! ;D

Gregory Sager

I'll give you this, Chuck: You're a good sport.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 17, 2018, 08:59:48 AM
I'll give you this, Chuck: You're a good sport.

Totally true. I've definitely dished a lot out in your direction over the decades. :)