FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wabash Hokie

I think DePauw will win in a shootout.  Wabash exposed some serious flaws in Witt's pass defense and DPU will be able to exploit them.  I look for both teams to throw - 800 combined passing yards would not be a surprise.  The weather will not be a factor (60s and no wind) and Lynch will have his guys tuned up.  This is his biggest game to date at DPU - IMHO there was no realistic expectation of beating Wabash his first two years there. 

wally_wabash

Quote from: Wabash Hokie on October 09, 2015, 05:56:49 PM
I think DePauw will win in a shootout.  Wabash exposed some serious flaws in Witt's pass defense and DPU will be able to exploit them.  I look for both teams to throw - 800 combined passing yards would not be a surprise.  The weather will not be a factor (60s and no wind) and Lynch will have his guys tuned up.  This is his biggest game to date at DPU - IMHO there was no realistic expectation of beating Wabash his first two ten years there.

Edited for accuracy.  :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

1837Tigers

"I'm not saying I told you so, but going into it, I said (DePauw) would be the darkhorse in this thing," Wittenberg coach Joe Fincham said. "Maybe they're not the darkhorse. I'm not sure they don't have the best offense in the league, and I'm not 100 percent sure they don't have the best defense in the league not named Wabash. It's homecoming. They're undefeated. Obviously, they're going to be excited to see us show up."

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/sports/college-football/wittenberg-returns-to-indiana-for-another-tough-nc/nnysm/

cave2bens

Quote from: 1837Tigers on October 09, 2015, 07:54:47 PM
"I'm not saying I told you so, but going into it, I said (DePauw) would be the darkhorse in this thing," Wittenberg coach Joe Fincham said. "Maybe they're not the darkhorse. I'm not sure they don't have the best offense in the league, and I'm not 100 percent sure they don't have the best defense in the league not named Wabash. It's homecoming. They're undefeated. Obviously, they're going to be excited to see us show up."

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/sports/college-football/wittenberg-returns-to-indiana-for-another-tough-nc/nnysm/

True that but Jablonski could use a geography lesson - "Greendingle" is thirty miles south of Crawfordsville, not north.  That would be Purdue, so same road (US231), different direction.   ;D
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

wally_wabash

Quote from: cave2bens on October 09, 2015, 08:07:28 PM
Quote from: 1837Tigers on October 09, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

True that but Jablonski could use a geography lesson - "Greendingle" is thirty miles south of Crawfordsville, not north.  That would be Purdue, so same road (US231), different direction.   ;D

Same colors, probably similar quality football. :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Li'l Giant

I think Witt wins by 17+. No real analysis. Just my gut feeling.
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

bashbrother

As I mentioned to a few earlier in the week,  I simply don't know which way it will go in the DPU/Witt game.   It could be close; or maybe Depauw even gets a late break and wins OR Witt could win by 4 TD's....  both scenarios would not shock me.

We shall see.
Why should you go for it on 4th down?

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

NotNexttoUganda

Kenyon surprisingly leads Ohio Wesleyan 13-7 in early going. (6:48 in the Second)

Wabash1

3 turn overs in the first 16:20 for the old tigers. 2 ints 1  fumble 6-3 Depauw early 2cnd quarter.

Wabash1

1837Tigers

Like they did against Wabash, Witt keeps turning it over against DePauw -- #4 and it's not even ha;ftime.  DePauw up 14-3 wih 9:41 to go til half.

Wabash1

4 turn overs for Witt another int 9:00 left in first half.

1837Tigers

:37 til half, DePauw up 21-10.  Matt Hunt hits brother Andy with a TD pass right before the break.

NotNexttoUganda

Kenyon leads OWU 20-13 with 9:47 remaining in the 4th Quarter.

Wabash1

Witt's corners can't hang with Depauws big recievers and tight ends. Looks familiar.