FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raiderpa

The M-club started the ring fund immediately through the alumni office after the first championship in '93.  It was very successful and has grown into a major support fund for the student-athletes.  In the past, I believe, freshman paid 75% of  their ring, Sophs 50%, Jrs 25% and Seniors 0%.  If that is not correct someone can let us know.  Traditionally the ring fund has had more than enough to cover all costs and has retained a balance every year after all is said and done.
It is a small way to support the players and program.  Each ring is nearly $400 (non gold) , and some alums purchase an entire ring.  Someone asked me if they could designate their money for a specific player's ring and I do not think that is possible or permissible, but you could ask the athletic department.  I believe the price of gold may have taken the gold rings off the market.  There are several different types of metals available that are very attractive.  Usually the senior players select, or have major input into the final design.

PurpleSuit

Quote from: Raider 68 on January 25, 2013, 11:39:59 AM
Anyone have any news about potential recruits for the fall? From past years we do not see any lists, just word of mouth! :-\

I've got some earlier names and schools, but I haven't really researched positions etc.  They may have "signed" with Mount today, but as we all know there are no binding letters of intent in D3.  Nothing is final until they are on campus next fall, yada yada yada

Neal Eakins – Marian High School – Granger, IN
Logan Banks – Tallmadge
Alex Linzell – Westerville South
Gabe Whitman – Westerville South
Trae Jones – Westerville South
Luke Smith – St Clairsville
Malik Starks – Henry County – McDonough, GA
Louie Diaz – Hudsonville – Hudsonville, MI
Austin Monyak – Brunswick
Tanner Skelton – Crestview
Dakota Hill - New Philly
Cedric Gray – Toledo Central Catholic
Christian Sifford – Brecksvile-Broadview Heights
Mitch Doraty – Medina

pradierguy

Doesn't sound like Jasper got a combine invite, making his road to the NFL a bit tougher.

TheeBuffaloSabres

The ring fund pays for other sports as well. While I was there, we had a swimmer named Eddis who won the National Title in an event, and as a result the AD ordered him a National Championship ring from the Championship Ring fund. Great guy that AD!!
and we all wanna be like tommy gavin

Dr. Acula

Quote from: TheeBuffaloSabres on February 07, 2013, 01:18:30 PM
The ring fund pays for other sports as well. While I was there, we had a swimmer named Eddis who won the National Title in an event, and as a result the AD ordered him a National Championship ring from the Championship Ring fund. Great guy that AD!!

Eddis Singleton!  That dude was a beast in the freestyle sprints.  I think he made one or two Olympic trials too. 

raiderpa

Collins listed by one publication as one of the top ten combine snubs...

SaintsFAN

Quote from: raiderpa on February 07, 2013, 03:33:46 PM

Couldn't believe I didn't see his name on the list of combine participants. 
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

bambord

Quote from: SaintsFAN on February 08, 2013, 11:44:19 AM

Surely, not Shirley, you jest.  Read that, "...top ten combine snubs.".

However, I couldn't believe Junior was snubbed!

pt

Raider 68

Quote from: bambord on February 08, 2013, 02:03:03 PM
Quote from: SaintsFAN on February 08, 2013, 11:44:19 AM

Surely, not Shirley, you jest.  Read that, "...top ten combine snubs.".

However, I couldn't believe Junior was snubbed!

pt

Although it would have been great to be invited to the combine, I still believe that J. Collins has a decent shot at the NFL. Hopefully Mount will host a Pro Day this spring and he will evaluated by more NFL scouts! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Like the update to the Boards Pat!
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

raiderpa

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: PurpleSuit on February 06, 2013, 04:01:00 PM
Anyone have any news about potential recruits for the fall? From past years we do not see any lists, just word of mouth! :-\

I've got some earlier names and schools, but I haven't really researched positions etc.  They may have "signed" with Mount today, but as we all know there are no binding letters of intent in D3.  Nothing is final until they are on campus next fall, yada yada yada

Logan Banks – Tallmadge
Dakota Hill - New Philly
Mitch Doraty – Medina

Height: 5'10" Weight: 180 Age: 18   Prim. Position: CB  Sec. Position: KR  40 Yard Dash 4.51  5-10-5 Shuttle  4.2  Bench Press 225  Squat 400 Vertical 34

His teammate at Henry Terrance Waugh is going to Kent State

http://www.henryherald.com/news/2013/feb/06/henry-county-pair-reach-next-level/

Craft_Beermeister

Does anyone remember Mike Yurcich playing football at Mount Union.  Oklahoma State recently hired him as offensive coordinator.

Yurcich graduated in 1999 from California (Pa) University where spent three seasons as the school's starting quarterback and was a two-year captain. Mike supposedly began his playing career at Mount Union.

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: PurpleSuit on February 06, 2013, 04:01:00 PM

Logan Banks – Tallmadge
Dakota Hill - New Philly
Mitch Doraty – Medina

Add Marshall McConnell of Milton High School in  Alpharetta, GA to Mount Union's list of recruits.   Defensive Tackle  Ht: 6-3 Wt: 255

rscl70

Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on February 09, 2013, 06:24:32 PM
Does anyone remember Mike Yurcich playing football at Mount Union.  Oklahoma State recently hired him as offensive coordinator.

Yurcich graduated in 1999 from California (Pa) University where spent three seasons as the school's starting quarterback and was a two-year captain. Mike supposedly began his playing career at Mount Union.

I remember the name.  Apparently he didn't want to wait for Borchert to graduate.  Nice to see he had a great career somewhere else.
12-0 = 13