FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally_wabash

Quote from: emma17 on April 13, 2016, 10:17:32 AM
Wally
With the UWO- JCU game this year and the UWO- ONU game last year and all the games between UWW and Mt, it seems we could draw some reasonable conclusions as to the comparative strength of the leagues. A UWO convincing victory would tell me that the WIAC is probably much deeper, even without any other inter-league play.

Not really, but that won't stop people from doing exactly what you're saying.  You have a bunch of results here between UMU and UWW who are hardly representative of the division, let alone their own leagues.  Then you'll have a couple of results between UWO (the best non-UWW team in the WIAC) and the best non-UMU team(s) in the OAC.  That cross section is still way too narrow to say WIAC > OAC (or vice versa).

If you really wanted to do a deep dive on this, you'd need results to show us how, say, Eau Claire would do against the OAC from the bottom up.  My hunch is that EC (or La Crosse or Stout) beats the brakes off of 2-3 OAC teams before they hit any real resistance, but we'll never really know. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

HScoach

No debate is necessary.    The WIAC > OAC.    Has been since the mid to late 2000's.  Back in the 1990's it would be reversed.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

USee

Quote from: HScoach on April 13, 2016, 05:04:45 PM
No debate is necessary.    The WIAC > OAC.    Has been since the mid to late 2000's.  Back in the 1990's it would be reversed.

The 90's?? Exactly how old are you HSC? That's a previous century.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: USee on April 14, 2016, 04:39:06 PM

The 90's?? Exactly how old are you HSC? That's a previous century.

A previous millennium, in fact! ;D

HScoach

Old enough that I'm falling apart.   
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Sir Battlescars

Absolutely!  The OAC was nasty in the 90's! Marietta even fielded a couple of good teams.

2014 NCAC Football Pick 'Em Champion!!

emma17

Quote from: wally_wabash on April 13, 2016, 10:33:14 AM
Quote from: emma17 on April 13, 2016, 10:17:32 AM
Wally
With the UWO- JCU game this year and the UWO- ONU game last year and all the games between UWW and Mt, it seems we could draw some reasonable conclusions as to the comparative strength of the leagues. A UWO convincing victory would tell me that the WIAC is probably much deeper, even without any other inter-league play.

Not really, but that won't stop people from doing exactly what you're saying.  You have a bunch of results here between UMU and UWW who are hardly representative of the division, let alone their own leagues.  Then you'll have a couple of results between UWO (the best non-UWW team in the WIAC) and the best non-UMU team(s) in the OAC.  That cross section is still way too narrow to say WIAC > OAC (or vice versa).

If you really wanted to do a deep dive on this, you'd need results to show us how, say, Eau Claire would do against the OAC from the bottom up.  My hunch is that EC (or La Crosse or Stout) beats the brakes off of 2-3 OAC teams before they hit any real resistance, but we'll never really know.

Wally, when I read something like this it makes me wonder, how do you ever make a decision?  😀
You are one very thorough man.

rscl70

Since it's so quiet here I thought I would ask for some help for an OAC grad.  Liz Drummond is an outstanding young woman, and a graduate of Ohio Nothtern (how she got to ONU I don't know since her father and brother both bleed purple and white).  She's one of 10 finalists for an outstanding sales award in London, where she obtained her Masters degree from the London School of Economics, and works in Government Affairs for Bloomberg.  Please go to this site and cast a vote for her. http://risingstars.wearethecity.com/rising-stars-shortlist-2016/rising-stars-sales/

Thanks
12-0 = 13

Desertraider

Since it is NFL draft time...any thoughts on a Purple Raider (Namdar) getting picked? Maybe 5th, 6th round? Anyone think 1 or more will get signed after draft? I am hoping Lally gets a look.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

jknezek

If you look in the "General Football" section you will see a thread about this. There really isn't a single DIII player likely to be drafted this year in any round. As with other years, more than a handful will get invited to various free agent camps and I expect to see a few get to pre-season camp.

Dr. Acula

Looks like Namdar to TB and Jones to KC as UDFA.  Good luck to both!

raiderpa

Recommend the May podcast to all D3 fans.  Really a good listen,
Western Conn coach 2000  bob surace

Dr. Acula

The Bengals are bringing Lally down for a tryout.  All you can ask for is a shot.  Good luck to Tom.

bleedpurple

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 06, 2016, 01:33:34 PM
The Bengals are bringing Lally down for a tryout.  All you can ask for is a shot.  Good luck to Tom.

Good luck to Tom. Go rep D3 well!

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017