BB: General South Region Talk 2011

Started by Ralph Turner, December 11, 2010, 08:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins the battle of top 10's tomorrow afternoon?

#6/7 Shenandoah Univ.
#2/4 Cortland (N.Y.) State

Ralph Turner

Here is the message board for general South Region talk for the 2011 Season.

Ralph Turner

Brought from another board...
Quote from: NoVa Baseball on January 08, 2011, 10:52:19 AM
Great - NCAA announces all the other Regional locations except ...... the South.  Anybody hearing any rumors about potential South locations?
South Region Post-season tourney site for 2011 is still "TBA".

Will2Win

Ralph Turner

cnu13

Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 17, 2011, 10:21:31 PM
Quote from: bossman on February 17, 2011, 09:47:36 PM
What do you guys think???
Shenandoah, home field advantage.

while i have no idea where it will be, that is a terrible comment about SU having home advantage. I hope you are a fan of SU or have a child playing for them because if not, you jumped on the bandwagon. While they are a great team(not taking that away from them), it is always a fight this year and there are many teams who are playing worthy enough to take over the top spot in the USAS.

Will2Win

Quote from: cnu13 on February 23, 2011, 07:36:46 PM

while i have no idea where it will be, that is a terrible comment about SU having home advantage. I hope you are a fan of SU or have a child playing for them because if not, you jumped on the bandwagon. While they are a great team(not taking that away from them), it is always a fight this year and there are many teams who are playing worthy enough to take over the top spot in the USAS.

Haha, I would agree with the home field advantage point being made CNU13 but to go as far as to say "jumping on the bandwagon" is a bit over the top on your behalf! Last time I checked SU has made more appearances in the D3 College World Series in the last two years than CNU....So...until you step up to the plate and make something happen i'd watch what I asked for. I'm pretty sure SU will be paying a visit to good ole Newport News in a few months   :o ::) ;D

cnu13

Quote from: bossman on February 23, 2011, 08:58:59 PM
Quote from: cnu13 on February 23, 2011, 07:36:46 PM

Haha, I would agree with the home field advantage point being made CNU13 but to go as far as to say "jumping on the bandwagon" is a bit over the top on your behalf! Last time I checked SU has made more appearances in the D3 College World Series in the last two years than CNU....So...until you step up to the plate and make something happen i'd watch what I asked for. I'm pretty sure SU will be paying a visit to good ole Newport News in a few months   :o ::) ;D

I am not taking anything away from SU. They are a great team, top to bottom. I cant wait till they make it to NN in April. Ill be there cheering on CNU as always but it'll be good to see the two top teams(as i view them) in the USAS and the northern region(both debatable, but remember these are my predictions. you can tell me i'm wrong and that you think differently but i'm clearing this up now, these are my predictions). It'll be a great region this year if the teams play this well. And i sand bandwagon fans it because i do not know the background of the people talking on here and much of the stuff sounds like a outsider fan. But if you have loyalty to SU, more power to you. You know where my allegiances lie, i'm just trying to start some smack talking.

PNeal7

As much as it pains me to say, I have to agree that Shenandoah is hands down to South Region favorite right now. Until someone proves they can knock them off, in a tournament, then the title is in Winchester until it is taken away. SU plays at a whole different level in a "tournament" setting. That isn't saying they don't play at a high level or intensity during the regular season, because they 100% do. However, playing them in a tournament setting is tough.

As usual, the South Region will be fun to watch.

Boysofsummer21

Well I don't know about anyone else but I have to say that this year (sorry PNeal) the USA South is beastly. If I am an out of conference team I don't even want to drive with 100 miles of any of these schools. Wow SU is pounding people, CNU is just winning, and MU is getting stronger everyday. I am to the point of just asking them to have a conference tourny that last about a month. GO USA South. 

PNeal7

I agree completely boysofsummer21. The USAS is shaping up to again be one of the toughest conferences in the nation, and return to that #1 ranking of a few years back. At this point in the year, you seem to have 3 teams out of the USAS that could go into a Regional Tournament and compete at a high level. I'll be the 1st to admit that the USAS was down last year. BUT, as you said, it's safe to say the USAS is back. SU, CNU, and MU are a combined 31-5 overall.

paulisdeadman

What's up everyone? A streak came to an end today. Kevn Murphy (Wesley College, Dover, DE) had his 41 game hit streak come to an end today. He started his streak March 16 of last year. 5th all time d3, 15th all time NCAA. Great kid, sucked to see it end.

baseballfan58

Didn't know he was in the South Region!! ;)

paulisdeadman

As strange as it is Wesley is indeed in the South. Their FB team has been south region champs 4 out of the last 6 years.

cnu13

Quote from: PNeal7 on February 28, 2011, 03:58:00 PM
As much as it pains me to say, I have to agree that Shenandoah is hands down to South Region favorite right now. Until someone proves they can knock them off, in a tournament, then the title is in Winchester until it is taken away. SU plays at a whole different level in a "tournament" setting. That isn't saying they don't play at a high level or intensity during the regular season, because they 100% do. However, playing them in a tournament setting is tough.

correction parker, SU is not the hands down favorite fro the South Region.......CNU just shut up Methodist, yes that's right, 0 runs in 2 games. Some may say im bias and that's fine but i've seen this team for 5 years now and and this line up top to bottom is more solid than i have ever seen. Yes we have had some amazing hitters at CNU over the years, but this lineup is outstanding. And yes, i know people are going to say that SU is ranked higher...personally I dont care. The #1 team in the nation has played 1 game, the #4, 11, 15, and 16 haven't even played yet. Its hard to judge teams that are 15-17 games in from a team that hasn't stepped on the field yet. SU is good, but to say they are the favorite is a huuuuuuge stretch. lets see what the SU fans have to say about that one.

Will2Win

Quote from: cnu13 on March 08, 2011, 12:36:25 PM
Quote from: PNeal7 on February 28, 2011, 03:58:00 PM

correction parker, SU is not the hands down favorite fro the South Region.......CNU just shut up Methodist, yes that's right, 0 runs in 2 games. Some may say im bias and that's fine but i've seen this team for 5 years now and and this line up top to bottom is more solid than i have ever seen. Yes we have had some amazing hitters at CNU over the years, but this lineup is outstanding. And yes, i know people are going to say that SU is ranked higher...personally I dont care. The #1 team in the nation has played 1 game, the #4, 11, 15, and 16 haven't even played yet. Its hard to judge teams that are 15-17 games in from a team that hasn't stepped on the field yet. SU is good, but to say they are the favorite is a huuuuuuge stretch. lets see what the SU fans have to say about that one.

No need to respond to a statement like that...we'll see who's who  come April 2-3 (That is if you guys are still in the hunt by then)! Better lace em up tight...pretty sure SU will be ready! But if I were to comment on anything about your entire rant about CNU and SU....i'm pretty sure SU's made back to back appearances in the D3 world series and based on the comparison of this years stats and the previous two years, SU is putting up almost the exact same numbers on the mound (if not better) AND they're offensive numbers have drastically improved (go look for yourself, archived stats are on SU's site). Guess I could make the same statement about this years SU team being better than any in the previous 5 years as well, huh... :o
But, it is only a month into the season...there are plenty of games to play...dont get ahead of yourself here CNU13  ;)

Just a lil glimpse into the reasons behind my post...enjoy

thru first 11 games
Team Averages:

Offensive Stats:
10-11: .399 BA, 43 doubles, 6 triples, 17 HRs, 117 RBIs, Runs/game= 12.63
09-10: .321 BA, 19 doubles, 6 triples, 6 HRs, 85 RBIs, Runs/game= 9.36
08-09: .368 BA, 31 doubles, 7 triples, 10 HRs, 100 RBIs, Runs/game= 11.54

Pitching
10-11: 11-0, 3.26 ERA, .266 BA against, 42 runs against(33 earned)
09-10: 8-3, 4.27 ERA, .........?, 59 runs against(44 earned)
08-09: 10-1, 2.39 ERA, .......?, 38 runs against(22 earned)