FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSCTiger74

Quote from: D-BAT on September 26, 2015, 12:57:06 PM
Looking forward in watching SU playing host to the Eagles of Bridgewater tonight in a homecoming game in Winchester.

Better double-check the schedule D-B; I think that game is next week. But it does look like it will be a good one.
TANSTAAFL

HSCTiger fan

The OOC games are over!  Hopefully most teams came out injury free and ready for ODAC play. IMO only 2 surprises. RMC's loss to Methodist and the final score with BC and Gettysburg. The important games start this week. Should be lots to talk about.
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

hasanova

Quote from: abnrgr on September 26, 2015, 01:46:43 PM
Well Hasanova after all the "coachspeak" from jknezek (can't tackle, we can't etc etc) you would think your Quakes will rock in Lexington or they only have 11 players walking; he is trying to relax you.  He is trying the oldest trick doing the "down and out" and then exploding on you. :)

As someone who does not have a dog in the fight I hope everyone walks off the field.  :)
I'm not buying all of it from a team that's 3-0 and has scored 147 points.  lol

hasanova

Congratulations to E&H ... nice win over ETSU.

hasanova

I wonder if Southern Virginia is rethinking their decision to join the NJAC?  91-7!  And probably tougher teams still to go.

jknezek

Quote from: hasanova on September 27, 2015, 09:07:29 AM
I wonder if Southern Virginia is rethinking their decision to join the NJAC?  91-7!  And probably tougher teams still to go.

I don't think they had too many other options for football. I doubt the ODAC wants another team, USASAC don't need one. SAA wasn't going to take them. CC no way. What else were they going to do?  It's a bad fit but at least they have a schedule to play. I'd imagine the NJAC teams aren't real happy with the commute either.

HSCTiger fan

Big win for EH.  They needed to bounce back after a bad loss.  I took a little closer look at ETSU this morning.  I understand they are playing D1 FCS but they are playing their games off campus at a high school field.  When UNCC started their program a few years ago they had new stadium, locker rooms, meeting rooms, weight room and practice facilities in place.  Reading from the ETSU website they will not play on campus in their new stadium until 2017.   That's terrible.  College football players want to play in a college environment - D1, D2, D3, it doesn't matter.  I don't think ETSU will be very competitive until they develop their facilities.  I guess I am just surprised they put together a team before having a place to play.
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

regaleagle

Looking forward in watching SU playing host to the Eagles of Bridgewater tonight in a homecoming game in Winchester.
this game will determine trajectory of BW season. Rain and cool temps forecast so run game should dominate. Advantage SU

Ralph Turner

Quote from: jknezek on September 27, 2015, 10:17:29 AM
Quote from: hasanova on September 27, 2015, 09:07:29 AM

I don't think they had too many other options for football. I doubt the ODAC wants another team, USASAC don't need one. SAA wasn't going to take them. CC no way. What else were they going to do?  It's a bad fit but at least they have a schedule to play. I'd imagine the NJAC teams aren't real happy with the commute either.
The (non-football) Capital AC took them. The NJAC needed them. SVU added football (at possibly $20,000 per student athlete).

It makes perfect sense. :-)

hasanova

At Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte ... 27-16 Panthers over the NO Saints

D-BAT

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on September 26, 2015, 05:45:40 PM

Better double-check the schedule D-B; I think that game is next week. But it does look like it will be a good one.

Yup ... gotta a little head of myself!  :)

HSCTiger74

Quote from: hasanova on September 27, 2015, 03:45:39 PM

Hasa,
     It was an ugly game, but at least the Panthers held on. Was this a one-off, or do you have regular seats?
TANSTAAFL

hasanova

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on September 27, 2015, 05:43:27 PM
Quote from: hasanova on September 27, 2015, 03:45:39 PM

Hasa,
     It was an ugly game, but at least the Panthers held on. Was this a one-off, or do you have regular seats?
One of my colleagues has 2 seats ... he's a PSL owner.  I get an invite a couple of times a season.  Final was 27-22 ... great interception in the corner of the endzone thwarted NO's last drive.

jknezek

Time for conference play. For about half the ODAC teams this represents a serious step up in competition. Both W&L and Guilford are in for a shock, though I think my Generals are in for a bigger one. Shenandoah will also need to buck up. Bridgewater's 3 weeks off come to an end. Can they play real competition better than they did week 1? H-SC should get another week at least to cruise, it's possible opening conference play with Catholic and W&L will allow them to finish ironing out any bugs. RMC and E&H both have something to prove. Methodist beating RMC was one of the few surprises of the OOC silly season, and E&H can't be happy about having their M'Ville streak come to such a lame end.

Welcome to one of the best conferences in the country for good games and balance. May the best teams win, and the players stay healthy!

tigerFanAlso2

Jk

Can anybody beat Guilford Quakers ?

the ODAC has proven just how hard it is to go through conference play undefeated. If Guilford is as good as advertised, this might be the year for a really good team to get by w/o a L.