Liberty League

Started by Saint of Old, August 12, 2014, 12:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ommadawn

Quote from: 1970s NESCAC Player on November 10, 2015, 07:48:17 PM
Completely agree Old Saint that the LL is a top class league!  This could be the year for your Saints.

I second the motion and join Saint of Old in cheering on both of the league's representatives.  As Patrick (not Thierry) Henry said, "Give me Liberty [League] or give me..." (sorry). 

Ommadawn

Quote from: deutschfan on November 09, 2015, 03:00:50 PM
If the committee was going to give bids to teams that didn't make their conference playoffs they should have looked at Vassar.  Vassar beat both SLU and RPI, and tied Oneonta.  What's six losses when you can beat the two NCAA qualifiers from the conference. 

Vassar definitely had a weird season. They performed well against ranked teams, but shot themselves in the foot by losing four LL games 1-0.  If they had managed a single goal in any of those four games, they would have made the league playoffs.

Madared

Apparently the Liberty could look a bit different next year as Ithaca has been offered and accepted a bid to join the league.  Their membership and schedule might be in place as early as next academic year. 

An Ithaca/Hobart rivalry could be great for both programs.  It might take a few years for Ithaca to gain traction in the league, but LL membership can surely help with recruiting.

Mr.Right

Really...Interesting....So more defectors from the Empire 8 to the Liberty League. This is a great move for both school and conference. Ithaca and Hobart is already a big rivalry so putting them in the same conference really does not add anything to it IMO. If this move is legit then they will almost be forced to expand their conference tournament. Meanwhile, the Empire 8 is becoming obsolete. Schools like Elmira, Utica and Alfred are left for dead. Stevens is in no man's land. All these schools must be coming together to decide what the plan will be. One more defector and they will not have a league.

d3d3d3

Ithaca won't be in the LL until the 2017 season. There are exit parameters that had to be met with the E8. One can't help but wonder if this means more teams make the playoffs in certain sports?

SandyMac

Unless a another member of the league moves out? Just saying...

d3d3d3

wingtips2

Quote from: d3d3d3 on November 11, 2015, 05:58:55 PM
No sooner does the Ithaca news come out ... when THIS Ithaca news comes out:
http://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news/local/2015/11/11/hundreds-plan-walk-out-ithaca-college/75570208/
Their protests and gatherings are offensive to me and are causing me micro aggressions.
I demand they all be removed from campus.

stlawus

Sage is parking a bus not even Mourinho would do.

Mr.Right

SLU is playing down to their competition. SLU GK is killing them every time I tune in

stlawus

Sage goes up 1-0 on a terrible goal keeping error.  This is the worst I've seen SLU play all year.  Terrible passing, first touch like a brick oven.

stlawus

This is painful to watch.  SLU can't string together more than 2 passes. 

stlawus

Legitimately the worst half of soccer SLU has played all year.  Dreadful performance thus far.  Austin Dilts is killing every push forward by giving the ball away. 

stlawus

After 60 minutes of ugly soccer SLU ties it up off a corner. 

stlawus

Hand ball in the box on a SLU corner, Noah Bunton converts to put SLU up 2-1 with 6:45 remaining.