Liberty League

Started by Saint of Old, August 12, 2014, 12:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3d3d3

Okoye dagger in second OT - Skid 2, Union 1 F

deutschfan

Very even game between Vassar and Oneonta. Video of overtime about to start.

deutschfan

In another pitential statement game Cortland, sensing this may be a down year for the Saints, in sn amazing demonstration of sportsmanship gives the ball to a SLU forward inside the 18 and a 1 goal lead. 

stlawus

Defender just completely whiffed on that.  Nice to see McNamee put home the rebound.  He's stepping up at CF, that's his 5th goal.

Mr.Right

Quote from: deutschfan on September 16, 2017, 07:35:02 PM
In another pitential statement game Cortland, sensing this may be a down year for the Saints, in sn amazing demonstration of sportsmanship gives the ball to a SLU forward inside the 18 and a 1 goal lead.

Cortland ST bringing back memories of video from 2007 as it is unwatchable..Maybe im spoiled but cannot enjoy a game with that stream.

stlawus

Aaand as soon as I comment they give away yet ANOTHER penalty. 

Saint of Old

Bad call on that penalty.
Bad call.
That was not a penalty.

stlawus

Quote from: Saint of Old on September 16, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
Bad call on that penalty.
Bad call.
That was not a penalty.

It does seem like this team has had some down right awful luck to start this season. 

Mr.Right

Ok now the stream looks better. What's the score? 1-1 ?

This would be a big W for SLU

Saint of Old

Quote from: stlawus on September 16, 2017, 07:38:35 PM
Defender just completely whiffed on that.  Nice to see McNamee put home the rebound.  He's stepping up at CF, that's his 5th goal.
Already has as many goals as last years top scorer (Tapshack  with 5).

The boys have to pick it up on offense for 2nd half.
Giving Cortland wayyy too much respect.

Mr.Right

Cortland scores to start 2nd Half off a corner. I am glad SLU is playing to feet but with Cortland pressing they need to play faster. SLU falling apart here..3-1 Cortland now..

stlawus

I thought SLU might be able to turn things around with this game, but they took another step back.  Awful passing, no sense of urgency, terrible defending and no grit to win 50/50 balls.  They have still yet to play a home game so I think that definitely should be considered, but this is still some down right terrible play from them.  Can't remember the last time this team has been all but eliminated from pool C consideration before they've played a league game.

Saint of Old

Quote from: stlawus on September 16, 2017, 07:38:35 PM

Adding to the fun, the one guy who is scoring gets a red.
More discipline needed.

Tough to watch.

Mr.Right

WOW.....Craziness...Is SLU able to play a tad more conservatively?  I know it is not in their DNA but they have not conceded this many goals to start a season since probably Goodwin was coaching

Mr.Right

You have to play to your strengths and weaknesses