FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzJohnnie

It's like an episode of Real Housewives around here.  The rivalries and conflict.  It's a shame I must wear orange and black; they're horrible colors for my skin tone.
[  

GoldandBlueBU

Quote from: faunch on March 24, 2017, 02:02:07 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 24, 2017, 12:20:10 PM
Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on March 24, 2017, 08:43:16 AM
We had Oz's hockey team win the state championship and now we have my hometown team playing Pat Coleman's alma mater in the Class 3A boys basketball championship. I predict the Packers will crush the Islanders and send them home with a complimentary can of SPAM.

Best of luck with that.

DLS, Minneahaha Academy and Minneapolis North should be ashamed of themselves.  Move up a class already!!!

Mpls North - wish granted! 

Good for them for going all the way to 3A.

http://www.mnbasketballhub.com/news_article/show/773353?referral=rss&referrer_id=245675

Pat Coleman

We had Oz's hockey team win the state championship and now we have my hometown team playing Pat Coleman's alma mater in the Class 3A boys basketball championship. I predict the Packers will crush the Islanders and send them home with a complimentary can of SPAM.

Best of luck with that.

DLS, Minneahaha Academy and Minneapolis North should be ashamed of themselves.  Move up a class already!!!

DeLaSalle is already playing up a class, as I recall.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

OzJohnnie

The whole family (except for #1 who has a party... #sadface) is going to the G tonight for the opening match against the returning drug cheats of Essendon, back from their doping ban. Also returning is the freshly minted captain of Hawthorn, Jarryd Roughead, who returns after successful immunotherapy treatment of stage 4 melanoma and complete remission - no sogn of the disease.

Go Hawks!
[  

AO

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 24, 2017, 04:34:21 PM

Best of luck with that.

DeLaSalle has an enrollment over 700, well over the AA max of 495.  North has enrollment over 400 now, which would make it one of the bigger AA teams in the tournament but since they were a little smaller 2 years ago, and the free lunch kids only count as 60% of a paid lunch kid they got to play in A.  North and DeLaSalle both know they're as good or better than 95% of 4A teams.  I'm sure the players would love to play for the big title, but for the coaches and administrators, winning is everything.

OzJohnnie

You're kidding, right?  There is no way that poor kids in north mpls are only counted at 3/5ths of a person. The irony is... ironic.
[  

HSCTiger74

Quote from: OzJohnnie on March 25, 2017, 05:48:39 AM
You're kidding, right?  There is no way that poor kids in north mpls are only counted at 3/5ths of a person. The irony is... ironic.

Good catch, Oz.  +k
TANSTAAFL

Pat Coleman

Good point -- it must be football where De is playing up a class. Also, this was probably seven or eight years ago now that I remember this, so it could be that the school has grown faster than the rest of the school-age population.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

sjusection105

Quote from: OzJohnnie on March 25, 2017, 05:48:39 AM
Pat, this would be ripe for the Politics Board if you care to unlock it......  ;)
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

BDB

Pat Coleman

faunch

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 24, 2017, 04:34:21 PM

Best of luck with that.

I don't think they are.  http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/enrollments15.asp?sort=1

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/classBreakdown15.asp

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

Pat Coleman

I feel like I addressed that in a previous post, but yes, I could be mistaken -- this was out of a conversation from seven or eight years ago with someone I felt should be knowledgeable.

As I go through the record book, I see De played for the AA state title in 2003 and the AAA state title in 2005, but schools also grow over time.

faunch

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 27, 2017, 12:19:24 AM
I feel like I addressed that in a previous post, but yes, I could be mistaken -- this was out of a conversation from seven or eight years ago with someone I felt should be knowledgeable.

As I go through the record book, I see De played for the AA state title in 2003 and the AAA state title in 2005, but schools also grow over time.

Where I live in St. Paul most people looking for a Catholic high school typically check out CDH, STA and Vis.  Lately I've heard from a number of people in my area raving about DLS.

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

OzJohnnie

Private schools are all the rage in Melbourne. I've heard over the years that Melbourne has more private schools per capita than any other city in the world, although I'm not sure that's true.  Schools here will recruit and scholarship athletes and academics as young as 7th grade.
[