MBB: NEWMAC

Started by nehoops4life, March 03, 2005, 10:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Alright Pat, I might be stubborn, but I also like to think I have integrity.

I'm not sure Cain is a first teammer, but he's certainly better than I thought he was and deserves to be on one of the All-American teams this spring.  That was a much, much better call than I gave you credit for.

(Although I think I was right about the team, overall.)
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

clarkie

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Congratulations to Ryan Cain who clearly can play basketball but also is a Big Brother to a kid in need. You are representing Division III athletics well Ryan. Good luck in the future.

RGardner22

A well deserved congratulations to Steve Brennan for being named NEWMAC Coach of the Year, the fifth time in his 12 seasons that he has earned either the designation from either the NEWMAC or its predecessor, the CAC. As a Babson alum and former basketball captain, extremely pleasing to see such a quality individual contribute not just his expertise, competitiveness, and passion to a fine athletic program, but also to the broader Babson community as a whole.

I speak for many fellow alums with pride to see the value of our degrees enhanced by having such a class act at them helm of the hoops program. The best lessons anyone can learn from athletics at any level are how to compete for things in life and carry yourself with class, Brennan is a terrific example of both.

With exception of a few ridiculous posts, very much enjoy reading the dialogue on the board, pretty cool insights and opinions. Wish it was in place in mid 1990's!

RG

boknows

swish

Pat Coleman

Wish all of the good players in this league had been nominated for All-Region.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hugenerd

Pat,

Who wasnt nominated? (and specifically, was MIT's Bartolotta nominated, because I was honestly surprised not to see him on the list at least on the third team)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Players are nominated by the SID from the school, so it might be more specific to ask which schools failed to submit nominations.

hugenerd

Quote from: Hoops Fan on March 14, 2007, 04:37:15 PM

Players are nominated by the SID from the school, so it might be more specific to ask which schools failed to submit nominations.

I understand that, but I think that Bartolotta was the only one with a real shot from MIT.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Right, but asking Pat which players weren't nominated is kind of like asking someone which Americans aren't running for President.  It's hard to know exactly how to answer that.

hugenerd

That is why I specified a player.  A simple yes/no he was/wasnt nominated would probably suffice.

Pat Coleman

No nominations from MIT.

That actually drew a four-letter word  from someone on our staff, someone who isn't known for such. But we can't hand-hold schools. No way to make sure every worthy player is nominated.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hugenerd

Thanks,  Ill have a talk with a few people.

clarkie

ummm hello is the newmac alive? i'm starting to get nervous due to lack of posting.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Anyone know if the NEWMAC is actually going to vote on an eighth member this summer?

Pat Coleman

I believe the NEWMAC has 10 members. :)